This is a very annoying feature, how do you turn off this feature? Does anyone know??
    Thanks in advance
    11-21-09 08:51 PM
    don't get it, what's wrong with this feature? you want to be rock&rolled while taking picture??
    11-21-09 08:54 PM
    i think its a feature that has to be there, i read somewhere that it is required for all cell phones with cameras for you to be able to hear the shutter noise when you take a picture. i think it may even be a law
    11-21-09 09:02 PM
    Yes I don't like it when my music is interrupted when I take picturess..

This feature wasn't on the 8900 , the music just kept playing.
    11-21-09 09:05 PM
    My 8900 would continue to play music, but would stop at the end of the song, it would not switch to the next song while using camera.

And it is a government law that all phones must make a noise when a picture is taken, which is probably why the new OS is stopping media use while the camera is active.
    11-21-09 11:23 PM
    my storm did the same thing.....its expected
    11-22-09 05:04 AM
    i think its a feature that has to be there, i read somewhere that it is required for all cell phones with cameras for you to be able to hear the shutter noise when you take a picture. i think it may even be a law
    And it is a government law that all phones must make a noise when a picture is taken, which is probably why the new OS is stopping media use while the camera is active.

This is False, a large majority of Smart Phones allow you to turn off the shutter sound, BlackBerry just doesn't because a majority of its users are enterprise, and in the end it could be harmful for the companies handing these things out.

But yes, for whatever reason it does turn of the music, I haven't heard anything official as to this being a Bug or some "Feature" but I guess we'll find out if it isn't corrected.

For Future reference anyone quoting that there is some LAW about camera's clicking is ********, the only current law(In the U.S.) is still pending even being finalized, it's Titled The Camera Phone Predator Alert Act, AKA H.R. 414. It was sponsored by one representative and hasn't moved since it was referred to a committee back in January.
    Last edited by Arreat; 11-22-09 at 05:14 AM.
    11-22-09 05:10 AM
    that's a stupid law ...what if your phone is on silent and the shutter sound is off??? Will you go to jail for taking a picture??
    11-22-09 08:53 AM
    I hate the shutter noise! When I wanna take a picture of my baby cousin sleeping or something, it makes that HUGE noise and wakes her up. And I liked it when the music kept playing. That's how it was on the 8320 I came from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 10:03 AM
    I hate the shutter noise! When I wanna take a picture of my baby cousin sleeping or something, it makes that HUGE noise and wakes her up. And I liked it when the music kept playing. That's how it was on the 8320 I came from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I feel your pain! ...
    11-22-09 10:14 AM
    i turned the shutter sound off mines. i have BBannoying. had it since the 8900
    11-22-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD