Besides the difference in 3G, I assumed that the AT&T and T-Mobile Bold 9700's would be practically the same. However, to my surprise, I noticed that the AT&T Bolds come with the "premium" headset, while the T-Mobile Bolds come with the basic/cheap headset. The AT&T Bold 9700 comes with the same premium headset that the Bold 9000 came with. While the T-Mobile Bold 9700 comes with the standard headset that comes with all the basic BB's like the Curve, Pearl, etc. Is there a reason for this difference in packaging? Shouldn't both carriers have practically the same packaging? Is this T-Mobile's fault? I'm happy with the phone, but kinda feel cheated with the headset.
    11-21-09 01:43 PM
    I am going assume that it is up to the provider to decide what is packaged with the handset.
    11-21-09 01:45 PM
    Yeah that's what I figured. It's just surprising to me that T-Mobile would cheap out on the headset when they're essentially charging the same price for the phone.
    11-21-09 01:57 PM
    Define "premium headset." The 9700 I bought from T-Mobile came with the same headset as that which came with my 9000.
    11-21-09 02:32 PM
    I still have my premium headset that I got with the Bold 9000 but yea I think its up to the carrier to decided cause when I opened my 9700 I got the standard headset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 02:45 PM
    This is what I got with my 9000 from AT&T. BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

What is included with the T-Mobile & AT&T 9700?

11-21-09 02:49 PM
    Does AT&T give the OEM leather holster? TMO does, and maybe that they replaced
    that for the "premium" headset. Could be.

OP I think I have a pair of these "premium" headsets that you speak of. I never use
    them, as my iPod earphones are what works for me. If you'd like PM and I'll just
    mail them to you free of charge.
    11-21-09 02:49 PM
    I never use the headphones I got with my 9000 either I bought Klipsch S4 headphones for $80 on amazon.com.

11-21-09 02:51 PM
    This is what I got with my 9000 from AT&T. BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

What is included with the T-Mobile & AT&T 9700?

I got the standard all-black earphones and clip mic with my 9000 from Orange UK.
    11-21-09 04:05 PM
    Does AT&T give the OEM leather holster? TMO does, and maybe that they replaced
    that for the "premium" headset. Could be.

OP I think I have a pair of these "premium" headsets that you speak of. I never use
    them, as my iPod earphones are what works for me. If you'd like PM and I'll just
    mail them to you free of charge.
    pm sent if they are still available
    11-21-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD