So I am currently sitting in a bar and noticed 12 people with their cell phones out..

Out of those 12 people 3 are rocking iPhones, 3 are playing with their BB Pearls, 3 have out their 83xx Curves, 1 guy with an 8830 and one with a 9630 then me with my 8310.

And people say that RIM is in trouble and Apple is taking their market share. BTW, its mainly younger people so the "older professional" arguement doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 08:57 PM
    Whoops, someone else just pulled out an 8330 while I was typing that all.

11-20-09 08:58 PM
    Look for a 9700, when u see one, buy him/her a shot for me
    11-20-09 09:16 PM
    Hahaha, that's awesome and at the same time sad, we r entirely too addicted!

11-20-09 09:16 PM
    I see BlackBerries in the hands of simple consumers a heck of a lot more than I do iPhones. They're just so...accessible! ...though most people who buy them don't even know how to do anything with it beyond email/text/phone. Oh well :P
    11-20-09 09:18 PM
    Look for a 9700, when u see one, buy him/her a shot for me
    hahah ive yet to see one myself...
    11-20-09 09:20 PM
    Blackberies seem to be getting a lot more popular. I'm noticing a lot moer in my residence hall this year.

11-20-09 10:04 PM
    omg when i went out on wed. night everyone within eyesight had a bb either a tour, storm, curve or pearl.. aweeeesome!
    11-20-09 10:14 PM
    Well, I'm in a bar now with my bold and the only other person with a bb has no idea what he has. Yet another person I will direct to crackberry.com.......

11-20-09 11:48 PM
    I wish it was like that here. Whilst they are rising in popularity, they are way outnumbered by iPhones, nokias and Sony Ericsson's everywhere you go. People definitely seem interested when I pull out the BB though more than the others, including the iPhone. North America is certainly the BB's biggest market.

Last edited by anlygi; 11-21-09 at 03:18 AM.
    11-21-09 03:16 AM
    Last night I went out with a friend who's been rockin his Curve (unsure of the model) for well over a year. This is my first BB so we had fun comparing ours. He's really jealous lol. But we were playing with our phones for nearly 2 hours so I bet we looked like freaks.

I don't watch for cell phones much in bars because I'm there to have fun with my friends. However, I do a lot of cell phone watching at the gym and I definitely see more BBs than anything else.

11-21-09 08:00 AM
    However, I do a lot of cell phone watching at the gym and I definitely see more BBs than anything else.

At the gym? Seriously? That is probably the one place where I don't see a lot of phones....of any kind.
    11-21-09 10:23 AM
    At the gym? Seriously? That is probably the one place where I don't see a lot of phones....of any kind.
    I see a lot of phones at my gym too.. lol odd.
    11-21-09 10:33 AM
    I see more iphones at the gym. Probably due to the ipod feature.

11-21-09 01:43 PM
    Unfortunately .. most bars around here have ppl who have metroPCS phones .. and whatever they gave away with a contract .. blah
    11-21-09 01:54 PM
    I don't really get into this whole cell phone wars thing but seems like people who own iphones are always flaunting it in ppls faces saying how theres no phone better than the one they have... it gets really obnoxious and annoying after a while.
    11-22-09 09:21 AM
    If you're out on the dance floor, its usually you, the person you're dancing with and at least 1 blackberry
    11-24-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD