This isnt a Droid bashing thing. I loved the Droid. Fast and fun. But my Storm (First Gen) is fast enough and reliable. I know how to make it do what i need it to do and I get my emails fast (I use yahoo and have for a long time). My big complaint with my Droid was the battery life. I went to Verizon to look at cases and I had told that that I only get about 8 hours of lite use and they were impressed. They said that they are only getting about 6. Now Im sure that they are using the heck outta their phones but I need a little more than that. The Droid was a great phone and a lot of fun but its just not the phone for me. I'm sure I could have gotten use to it. Its actually sitting beside me now waiting to go back to Verizon tomorrow and I kinda get that felling that I should keep it but as soon I reactivate it Im not liking the experience and wanting to grab my Storm.

Well, anyway, its a great phone and Im sure there are a lot of people that have sit their Blackberry down and havent thought twice about them but I'm just not one of those guys.
    11-20-09 04:32 PM
    This isnt a Droid bashing thing. I loved the Droid. Fast and fun. But my Storm (First Gen) is fast enough and reliable. I know how to make it do what i need it to do and I get my emails fast (I use yahoo and have for a long time). My big complaint with my Droid was the battery life. I went to Verizon to look at cases and I had told that that I only get about 8 hours of lite use and they were impressed. They said that they are only getting about 6. Now Im sure that they are using the heck outta their phones but I need a little more than that. The Droid was a great phone and a lot of fun but its just not the phone for me. I'm sure I could have gotten use to it. Its actually sitting beside me now waiting to go back to Verizon tomorrow and I kinda get that felling that I should keep it but as soon I reactivate it Im not liking the experience and wanting to grab my Storm.

Well, anyway, its a great phone and Im sure there are a lot of people that have sit their Blackberry down and havent thought twice about them but I'm just not one of those guys.
    Wow, 8 hours? That's it? I use mine A LOT and get all day (16 hours) and still have 30% left when I plug it in. This is sending about 50 tweets, about 25 SMS, about 100 emails, google talk all day, browsing off and on, weather app running, and more. personally, I think you had a bad battery.
    11-20-09 04:38 PM
    Good Luck. It isn't for everyone.
    11-20-09 04:39 PM
    No harm, no foul. There will be a lot of new phones coming out in the next few months, Passion, Essex, etc.

Maybe one of them will better meet your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:40 PM
    Hey you like classics. That's fine. I wish I could go back to my tour but its way to old school for me. I have Gmail so mail is instant. Did you check to see if your battery was bad I get about 13 hours with mine and I am a heavy user.

11-20-09 04:40 PM
    Most of the time while switching phones, you are really just trading one set of issues for another. For me, the issues with the Droid have way less impact than the issues I had with the storm. It's the sort of thing that is different for everybody. Best of luck!
    11-20-09 04:46 PM
    Hey, I just hope you find what your looking for.
    11-20-09 04:49 PM
    I wish the battery lasted a little longer than it does but overall the Droid is good enough to make it worth it to me. It's all about personal preference, Blackberries are excellent phones too, I know I'm keeping mine just in case.
    11-20-09 05:00 PM
    You might also check to see if bluetooth+wifi are left on because they really gobble up battery gravy. Turn them off when unneeded and you'll see a big difference.

11-20-09 05:29 PM
    I must say, that I am impressed and proud, of the responses to the op. Had someone posted, on certain other boards, that they were swapping to the Droid, they would have been responded to by something like, "Enjoy your toy, and it's accompanying forums."
    11-20-09 06:03 PM
    Any of the "more advanced" phones are going to eat through battery. Not to mention you are using a lot more "pull" data-based apps on any non-BB phone, which increases battery drain, one of the main benefits to server push.

I can drop the Pre battery in 6 hours pretty easily, part of the reason I got a 2600mah battery.
    11-20-09 06:07 PM
    (sits waiting patiently to see if the original poster comes back and says..."wow, yea...it was the Wifi + Bluetooth + xxx and xxx that were draining the battery")

just out of curiosity, of course.
    11-20-09 06:39 PM
    The reason the Storm gets a bit better battey life is because you are comparing a VW Volkswagon to a Porsche. Also keep in mind that phones with this kind of ammo will have so so battery life...what were you expecting? I had both Storms and the battery life on those wasen't all that great either so I am a bit perplexed when I hear someone complain about the battery life of an Droid or Eris. These Anroid phones are powerful, they need energy. In time, who knows, maybe a better battery will come out.
    11-20-09 07:25 PM
    In time, who knows, maybe a better battery will come out.
    All trends point to smartphone technology continuing to far, far outpace battery technology. So it'll only get worse.
    Last edited by papped; 11-20-09 at 07:36 PM.
    11-20-09 07:28 PM
    When did a VW cost the same as a porshe? Anyway, the OP should try to get another Droid or battery since I know the Droid get better usage then that.

The reason the Storm gets a bit better battey life is because you are comparing a VW Volkswagon to a Porsche. Also keep in mind that phones with this kind of ammo will have so so battery life...what were you expecting? I had both Storms and the battery life on those wasen't all that great either so I am a bit perplexed when I hear someone complain about the battery life of an Droid or Eris. These Anroid phones are powerful, they need energy. In time, who knows, maybe a better battery will come out.

11-20-09 07:34 PM
    Its a motorola!
    they have the worst f-ing quality.
    11-20-09 07:48 PM
    I must say, that I am impressed and proud, of the responses to the op. Had someone posted, on certain other boards, that they were swapping to the Droid, they would have been responded to by something like, "Enjoy your toy, and it's accompanying forums."
    U know with that I have to agree..........
    Lots of class.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Good luck.....
    11-20-09 08:38 PM
    Q
    Its a motorola!
    I hate when people rag on the quality of Motorola phones.

IMO, some Motorola phones are/have been, of very high quality, the Droid being one of them. Please don't generalize and say ALL phones of manufacturer X $uck.

11-20-09 09:28 PM
    Its a motorola!
    N E way

Rolls eyes...
    11-20-09 09:43 PM
    Battery life is a big thing with people and phones. A lot of people return them because of it, that's always been true. iPhones were taken back, the G1 for sure, now Eris forums complain about that. Rumor had it that RIM didn't want to let Vzn have a phone with WiFi for a long time because the battery stunk on their CDMA and they didn't want to get phones back. It's probably in the top 2 of returns along with being too complicated to use.
    11-20-09 09:43 PM
    (sits waiting patiently to see if the original poster comes back and says..."wow, yea...it was the Wifi + Bluetooth + xxx and xxx that were draining the battery")

just out of curiosity, of course.
    lol. Sorry. enjoying a night off with the wife and a few friends. But no its not WIFI, Bluetooth, or GPS. Ive done all of the little things to see. But I did exchange the phone to see what, if anything, is different with the battery.
    11-20-09 10:05 PM
    Battery life is a big thing with people and phones. A lot of people return them because of it, that's always been true.
    I can say that is a huge thing for me.

That was one thing that I REALLY disliked about the Tour. I had to charge that thing a minimum of 2x a day.
    11-20-09 10:44 PM
    All trends point to smartphone technology continuing to far, far outpace battery technology. So it'll only get worse.
    How true. Same difference as computer software outpacing hardware capabilities. There will always be more we want these marvelous little devices to do than the available processing power and energy resources available allow.

We need Shipstones for power. (reference to Heinlein's "Friday")
    11-21-09 01:04 AM
    +1.

-Stephen

11-21-09 01:14 AM
    What model VW? Phaeton?

11-21-09 08:27 AM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD