dont know if it has already been posted but is it true BLACKTORCH is the name of the new web browser for blackberry? if its true that sounds swt!
    11-20-09 03:28 PM
    I think they may be a little more creative with the name. I doubt they will combine Blackberry and Torch to make Blacktorch..........

But maybe.

20 bucks says it will just be called "Browser". I mean what is the name of the current browser?
    Last edited by m_jameson1; 11-20-09 at 03:35 PM.
    11-20-09 03:31 PM
    BlackTorch sounds cool but i doubt RIM will name it anything but 'Browser'
    11-20-09 03:31 PM
    BlackTorch sounds cool but i doubt RIM will name it anything but 'Browser'
    beat me to it!
    11-20-09 03:35 PM
    dont know if it has already been posted but is it true BLACKTORCH is the name of the new web browser for blackberry? if its true that sounds swt!
    @tumer -
    So, BlackTorch for a browser? Care to share your source of information? Anyone care to confirm the new browser as "Black Torch"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 07:50 PM
    I agree with everyone that it will probably be called "Browser." If anything, "blacktorch" might be an internal name.
    11-20-09 07:58 PM
    Doesn't matter what they call it. Just make it lots better.

11-20-09 08:29 PM
    You're right. Lol, the name really doesn't matter- BLACKTORCH, MoonBeam, or Scotch/Water. But, no reason to speculate when there are those on here that can confirm the post or, call it BS. Other than that, I really don't care about the name either.

Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-21-09 at 09:13 AM.
    11-20-09 08:59 PM
    More interested in some beta pics and some beta specs than worrying about what they may call it.
    11-21-09 08:12 PM
    LMAO.sounds like an std.
    11-21-09 08:19 PM
    Blacktourch sounds like a fine codename, but I have no doubt it will just be called Browser as other have suggested.
    11-21-09 08:21 PM
    They may get creative on this one though. I'm thinking "BlackBerry Browser".
    11-21-09 08:34 PM
    They may get creative on this one though. I'm thinking "BlackBerry Browser".
    I'd bet money on your prediction.
    11-21-09 08:47 PM
    rim says it wants to go mainstream a name like blacktorch does that
    11-21-09 08:53 PM
    I'm with everyone else Probably BBB..
    11-21-09 08:54 PM
    But then again they may,get alittle weird and put Blackberry Torch..
    11-21-09 08:55 PM
    Maybe it's just me (and this post will probably get edited...) - and let it be said first that I have NOTHING against gay people. Now that the PC disclaimers are out of the way, when I say "BlackTorch" out loud it screams "gay nightclub!" to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    11-21-09 09:38 PM
    I could care less about the name, as long as they give us a good browser...I'm will be a happy camper.
    11-21-09 09:46 PM
    Maybe it's just me (and this post will probably get edited...) - and let it be said first that I have NOTHING against gay people. Now that the PC disclaimers are out of the way, when I say "BlackTorch" out loud it screams "gay nightclub!" to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    I'll let it ride, gave me a good laugh.
    11-21-09 09:56 PM
    @Rich: *phew*, no mod stick tonight
    11-21-09 09:57 PM
    Moonshine is cool.

11-21-09 09:58 PM
    I hate saying this, and I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm afraid it will be called "only works on Storm2 and new Curve browser.

For everyone's sake I hope I'm wrong.
    11-21-09 10:03 PM
    Now will it be "Blackberry Browser" or "THE Blackberry Browser".

Kind of like the difference between "Eurythmics" and "The Eurythmics". I can never remember which one it is....
    11-21-09 10:11 PM
    OMG!!! That is effin funny.
    11-21-09 10:29 PM
    Or is it you're just making this all up to spread rumors? You still haven't stated where you heard this from. Why would RIM change the name of their browser from "Browser" ?
    11-21-09 11:07 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD