I have my facebook notifications and non-important emails come to gmail and sometimes i dont receive my notifications until hours later. I just happen to check it and I have 4 or 5 notifications from fb and irrelevant emails in it. What gives?
    11-20-09 02:52 PM
    mine come right away. is the mail there and not the notification or no email?
    11-20-09 03:02 PM
    mail here no notification. I have marked email notifications in status bar too.
    11-20-09 03:13 PM
    Same here. I get mine within secconds.
    Try this
    GMail Icon>Menu Button>Accounts>Menu Button>Account Settings>uncheck Auto sync> Recheck it>right below it there is a your Gmail addy click it>uncheck Sync Gmail> Recheck it.
    That should fix your issue.
    11-20-09 03:15 PM
    I think there is issues with the Google servers right now, I'm not getting my emails pushed either. Lots of people over at droidforums are having the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 07:55 PM
    I think there is issues with the Google servers right now, I'm not getting my emails pushed either. Lots of people over at droidforums are having the same problem.

whew glad im not the only one.
    11-20-09 08:13 PM
    One thing to keep in mind as well, I don't know if you have a TASK KILLER software installed but I found that when I had one of these programs installed it was keeping my email clients closed all the time...

When I removed that part of it...I Pulled the battery and I started getting my emails again...

Don't know if this is causing a problem for everyone but hope it helps...
    11-21-09 08:45 AM
    I have my facebook notifications and non-important emails come to gmail and sometimes i dont receive my notifications until hours later. I just happen to check it and I have 4 or 5 notifications from fb and irrelevant emails in it. What gives?
    this may not sound related to push mail, but if you have a task killer on your phone try to delete it and restart your phone. task killers interfere with "push" and updates on the droid. this of course is what i have read and what i discovered after deleting "task panel" from my droid. hotmail, and fb, notifications come in fast. good luck
    11-21-09 10:44 AM
    Yea I deleted the task killer yesterday now my emails and phone is working like its supposed to be.
    11-21-09 01:59 PM
    I actually moved my accouts to gmail so I would get quicker responses, mine are almost instant.
    11-22-09 07:58 PM
    The problem's solution has been stated few posts up. Task Killer will prevent E-mails and notifications.

1. You don't need Task killers, delete them. PLEASE READ: Do NOT worry about Apps running in the Background - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

2. Once you delete it you shouldn't have any problems receiving notifications. Worked for me when I had this isssue.
    11-23-09 12:01 AM
    I've been having a problem with emails all weekend. I'm currently not getting any Gmails unless I manually refresh the inbox. All my sync settings are correct, so I'm not sure what's going on.

However, I did find out about this application last night SEVEN, and it's been working well so far. SEVEN is an app that gives you push e-mail for multiple email accounts, and so far, it's been working flawlessly.
    11-23-09 06:32 AM
    I've been having a problem with emails all weekend. I'm currently not getting any Gmails unless I manually refresh the inbox. All my sync settings are correct, so I'm not sure what's going on.

However, I did find out about this application last night SEVEN, and it's been working well so far. SEVEN is an app that gives you push e-mail for multiple email accounts, and so far, it's been working flawlessly.
    Thanks for the update. I may have to check seven out because even with yahoo plus I still dont get push email, its the 5 minute polling thing.

Is this just for gmail or all email accounts, yahoo-hotmail-etc.
    11-23-09 07:13 AM
    I only use Gmail accounts, but it does have the option for Yahoo and Hotmail. I didn't explore the settings, but the Gmail account wasn't difficult to setup.

11-23-09 07:46 AM
    My emails are working again as of yesterday. I do have Task Manager installed but dont use it much. I guess I dont see how this would effect push email if your not killing off the gmail app or any apps for that matter.
    11-23-09 07:58 AM
    i tried seven and oh my god , this is how push email shoud be , everyone dhoud try it, its a keeper
    11-23-09 08:09 AM
    I'm going to test SEVEN's affect on the battery today. Part of me feels like it's going to drain the battery very quickly, but I'll leave it running in the background all day and see how it fares.

11-23-09 08:15 AM
    i had it runing for almost 5 hours now and the battery use is the same as before, remember to unsyng gmail and all other mails you are runing
    11-23-09 08:48 AM
    where do you find that app???
    11-23-09 10:31 AM
    there has to be an issue with Gmail push. a ton of threads have been started about it on diffrent droid forums. I am having the issue also and nothing has worked. guess we will have to see if the 12/11 update has any effect.
    11-23-09 10:42 AM
    i have no problems with my gmail. I just sent out 3 emails to my gmail account and got them in seconds.
    11-23-09 11:32 AM
    search in google.com for seven mail client for android
    11-23-09 11:50 AM
    i have no problems with my gmail. I just sent out 3 emails to my gmail account and got them in seconds.
    I didnt. i have 2 emails in my inbox now and its been, going on now 7 minutes and I still havent got the notification on my phone. This is BS! Im a business guy this phone may have to go back.
    11-23-09 01:28 PM
    I didnt. i have 2 emails in my inbox now and its been, going on now 7 minutes and I still havent got the notification on my phone. This is BS! Im a business guy this phone may have to go back.
    Un sync gmail and then re sync it. All should be well. Get rid of ATK!
    11-23-09 01:35 PM
    Now going on 25 minutes for my yahoo accounts that I havent received notifications even with yahoo plus. Horrible!
    11-23-09 01:46 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD