Well we all know the fiasco surrounding AppWorld. I decided to remove it after my StormSlider app would not update and now DMG is supplying me a code so I can download through Mobihand and relieve that headache. I decided to download another of DMG's apps SimpleWeather and did a reboot after. Lo and behold AppWorld deleted itself, its like it knew the end was coming and decided to go out on its terms. Does anyone else find it really sad that RIMs app store is really bad? So bad in fact the general consensus is delete it and just use a third party store. Jeez rim get your stuff together! You want to get big in the consumer world then lets get going (I won't even start on the fact that my DTM doesn't realize my Storm has a Media Card!
    11-20-09 07:11 AM
    I couldn't have said it better myself, had it on my phone earlier this year and deleted it. Mobihand has better customer service and updates properly(most of the time) lol.
    11-20-09 07:33 AM
    i loaded it when it first came out, deleted it after a week, then loaded it once when it was updated for OS 5 for about 5 minutes to download an app that no one else could suppy the files for. I deleted app world and made an installer for the app and life is good.

Yes its pathetic
    11-20-09 11:45 AM
    When they decided to use Paypal as their form of payment... I knew it wasn't for me. Paypal.... really RIM?!
    11-20-09 11:48 AM
    i loaded it when it first came out, deleted it after a week, then loaded it once when it was updated for OS 5 for about 5 minutes to download an app that no one else could suppy the files for. I deleted app world and made an installer for the app and life is good.

Yes its pathetic
    This is exactly how much I have used it. It is a last resort for downloading an app that I cannot find anywhere else and absolutely have to have. I have routinely heard and seen first-hand it try to 'archive' and restore various applications, only to make both itself and the application unusable, and the person had to just delete both and start over. If someone held a gun to me and told me to download app world I would ask them first where they were going to shoot me, then decide.
    11-20-09 12:15 PM
    Droid does

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 02:16 PM
    Droid does

What the **** does that even mean?

11-20-09 02:39 PM
    What the **** does that even mean?

There's an app for that?
    11-20-09 04:38 PM
    Really!!!! If I click on one more thread and someone is whining about how RIM or VERIZON I think I will puke! COME ON ALREADY....most of you all are brilliant when it comes to knowing and sharing knowledge of BB's and that is why I come here.......I want to pick your brains!! NOT listen to whining. Now please get back to business here.

**sorry- might be PMS or something but it felt good to vent!
    11-20-09 04:52 PM
    I went to play with the droid and that is one thing google did right. The marketplace is just nicer to use. I still have my storm but would rayher use the android marketplace any day.

11-20-09 05:46 PM
    Droid does
    my laundry? taxes? backflips on cue?
    11-20-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD