I have been trying for the past week, at least, to get the 5.0 beta on my Tour. I've tried just about everything and searched for hours and can't figure out my problem.

So far I've tried:
    2 different downloads of the .230 build.
    irethun's (?) hybrid.
    the .191 build.

I've tried to install it on:
    Mac
    windows XP virtual machine
    windows vista

I've tried wiping and installing from a 507. I've tried updating it. I've tried through the apploader, i've tried through DM. I've tried ShrinkOS and non-ShrinkOS.
    Tried jl-cmdr and BBSAK for wipes.
    I've tried installing from "USB-PIN UNKNOWN"

When I install the OS software, apploader doesn't recognize it and doesn't list anything in the add/remove list on the final step. Either that, or after I install the OS software it will not recognize my device in the drop down list of apploader at all.
    I've deleted the vendor.xml every time.

I'm really hoping there is something stupid I'm missing that is causing so many problems, but I can't figure it out for the life of me and can't find the answer anywhere.

Can you guys help?
    11-19-09 04:14 PM
    are you using a laptop? I had a **** of a time loading on a laptop and started reading that they might have low usb power compared to a desktop. Went to desktop and installed right way no issues.
    Last edited by Arte Suave; 11-19-09 at 04:32 PM.
    11-19-09 04:27 PM
    yeah they are both laptops, but I also installed the 5.0 on my 8330 with no problems at all, so I figured it would be fine. Anyone else have laptop problems?
    11-19-09 04:44 PM
    You have removed all previous installed versions of device software from your pc, deleted the "vendor.xml" file and double clicked the loader icon in the same folder and the OS is not recognized by the loader?

Oh and btw, if you're installing an OS using the C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader>double click the "loader" icon process, you don't need to wipe with either JL or BBsak, this method of installation performs a backup, then a wipe, then a load, then your device moves the os in, then restore, etc... But I can't think of why it's not working unless the 5.0 os for the 8330 is still on your PC, that'll cause a problemo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 06:43 PM
    No, I've deleted the previous OS's each time I try to install the current one. And yes I did all of that. I have tried it with and without wiping first and used the loader method.
    11-19-09 11:22 PM
    No, I've deleted the previous OS's each time I try to install the current one. And yes I did all of that. I have tried it with and without wiping first and used the loader method.
    I had the same problem installing with my laptop (vista). What I ended up doing is going into in Internet explorer and cleared all browsing history and did a disk cleanup. Afterwards I downloaded the 5.0.0.23 file again, deleted the vendor file, then installed through apploader. Everything worked fine after that. I did not wipe my tour to install. It took a week to get it installed, but was well worth it. I guess that there was a corrupted file on my laptop. Definitely delete any old os from your computer. Hope this helps.
    11-20-09 07:57 AM
    I would think Oprah would have someone to do that for her.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 08:01 AM
    no other ideas?
    11-21-09 08:11 PM
    try pulling out the battery until the point where it tries to load, but cannot locate the phone. it will say to make sure the phone is connected, and retry. that is what I had to do.
    11-22-09 11:13 AM
    I have been trying for the past week, at least, to get the 5.0 beta on my Tour. I've tried just about everything and searched for hours and can't figure out my problem.

So far I've tried:
    2 different downloads of the .230 build.
    irethun's (?) hybrid.
    the .191 build.

I've tried to install it on:
    Mac
    windows XP virtual machine
    windows vista

I've tried wiping and installing from a 507. I've tried updating it. I've tried through the apploader, i've tried through DM. I've tried ShrinkOS and non-ShrinkOS.
    Tried jl-cmdr and BBSAK for wipes.
    I've tried installing from "USB-PIN UNKNOWN"

When I install the OS software, apploader doesn't recognize it and doesn't list anything in the add/remove list on the final step. Either that, or after I install the OS software it will not recognize my device in the drop down list of apploader at all.
    I've deleted the vendor.xml every time.

I'm really hoping there is something stupid I'm missing that is causing so many problems, but I can't figure it out for the life of me and can't find the answer anywhere.

Can you guys help?
    I have had the exact same issues. The apploader merely shows 3rd party apps. DM doesn't show the new OS either. Certainly frustrating, so I know what you're going thru.
    11-22-09 04:20 PM
    I am having the exact same issue as you
    11-22-09 08:29 PM
    at least i'm not the only one here. I just reloaded 5.0 on my 8330 today again in like 20 minutes so I can't imagine i'm doing anything wrong here. Must be the device.
    11-22-09 11:33 PM
    Guys, try to proceed with the loading of the os with the battery out. At a certain point, it will say to make sure the phone is properly connected, at which time you put the battery in. It should work fine from there.
    11-23-09 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD