This device (perhaps like many other BBs) cannot be kept in the back pocket.

Depending on the girth of your behind and type of attire, the frequency of the following may differ:

1) When the keyboard is locked (top left button), any key will turn on the screen. Although it prevents unintended dialing, the screen turning on over and over will chew on the battery life.

2) When the device is in Standby Mode (top right button), only the Send, Menu, Back, and End buttons will activate the screen. There is still a good chance that your @$$ will be turning the phone on.

Worse is the chance of unintended answering...

When the phone rings, the device comes out of lock and/or standby, and one press of the Send key will answer the phone. Imagine the phone in your back pocket, it rings, you jump, the green send button is pressed and you really didn't want to talk to that person. Or, you didn't hear it ring (on silent) and your buttt answers the phone and the calling party is now listening in...

With S2U2 (or the alike) for Windows Mobile or the iPhone, they require a gesture or additional actions to answer the call. It seems like BB holsters are part of the functional feature of the phone, because when it is in the holster, the phone "knows" it. For my purposes, carrying at least two phones at a time, I need to carry the BB in my back pocket (Touch Pro 2 is too big to go to the back).

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION THAT CAN HELP ME REDUCE THE CHANCE OF buttt ANSWERING?

I would appreciate any help.
    Last edited by snovvman; 11-19-09 at 12:26 PM.
    11-19-09 12:20 PM
    I would never put my phone in my back pocket, but then again, I would never put my phone in ANY pocket.
    11-19-09 12:27 PM
    I would never put my phone in my back pocket, but then again, I would never put my phone in ANY pocket.
    +1 I'm too paranoid about what might happen to it in my pocket. I keep it on my hip.
    11-19-09 12:34 PM
    THIS right here...

I (since I carry a TP2 as well) keep the BB in a holster, and just carry the TP2 in a sleeve or holster to keep it from getting scuffed/scratched. Pockets are a no-go for phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:34 PM
    +2, I am WAAAAAAY too ocd about my phone to even think about putting it in my pocket. Gotta have screen protector, skin and then into a golla pouch.
    11-19-09 12:36 PM
    How the **** do you put a nice phone (not crappy phone fyi) on your back pocket? Seriously? No. Seriously?

Back pockets are meant for one thing and one thing only. Wallets!
    11-19-09 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I keep one phone in front pocket, keys in the other, wallet in one of the back, and phone in the other. I have never had issues with phones being damaged or scratched. Then again, I do use screen protectors.

Are there any known applications or solutions that will make it a 2-key process to answer a call or other strategies to prevent accidental answering?
    11-19-09 12:41 PM
    I would definitely not put it in a back pocket. That's asking for ttrouble however I keep mine in my front pocket (pockets are not deep enough to make it a problem) and I've never had a problem.
    11-19-09 12:48 PM
    I just hope you don't sit while the phone is in your back pocket. SQUISHberry.
    11-19-09 12:48 PM
    If you have too much buttt, do not put your Blackberry back there!
    11-19-09 12:50 PM
    if you have too much buttt, do not put your blackberry back there!
    brilliant!
    11-19-09 01:04 PM
    Guy or girl shouldn't be putting their phone in their back pocket. It's just not
    a good place to put a device such as a smartphone. You're asking for damage
    and increasing your risk of an accident.
    11-19-09 01:06 PM
    Hip for me
    11-19-09 01:06 PM
    Never ever ever keep a phone in a back pocket! No Bueno!
    11-19-09 01:08 PM
    I'm a proud BB user, so i like always to show my phone.
    i NEVER put it in my back pocket!
    Except you want to feel the vibrations!!!!
    11-19-09 01:15 PM
    Say hallo to my 8100 X) lived in my back pocket for 2 years.
    Sat on? Yup. Ever damaged? Nope~!
    11-26-09 09:31 PM
    Actually, a boney **** would be worse. An apple bottom would serve as a safety spot imo.
    11-26-09 09:36 PM
    Damn my wallet is nice but my wallet looks like crap... Would hate for the same to happen to my phone

They included this nice hipster-case for a reason
    11-26-09 09:40 PM
    If you're intent on keeping it on your back pocket, you'll need to use one of those cases with a magnet in it to put it in standby. That should solve your problem with the phone automatically being answered if you jump up or whatever.

Having said that, yeah I don't keep phones in my back pocket unless it's in a case or in a holster.
    11-26-09 11:15 PM
    Always put my phone in my back pocket. Even if I forget and sit on it never any damage. Sometimes it will be in my shirt pocket but at work I'm not allowed to have my phone showing (including in holsters) therefore its in a pocket or my back (thats not a good place)
    11-26-09 11:32 PM
    I always keep my phone in my front left pocket. My 9700 is currently naked and I don't plan on getting a case anytime soon. I have no damage to the device at all and that's usually what I do with all my devices. I never had a problem with pocket damage.

I wouldn't put my phone in my back pocket though.

I also really do wish that you can turn the lock key on the top of the phone off or at least turn it off when the phone is locked. I do have problems with my phone randomly going into standby and unlocking all the time.

11-27-09 12:11 AM
    Why would you put it in your pocket, if any pocket the back is the worst. The pressure can damage the screen internally....and as you said, press buttons, its not made to be sat upon.

You wouldn't get a 1000 dollar computer and not buy a surge protector for it would you, so why would you buy a 600 dollar phone and not put it in a case.
    11-27-09 12:26 AM
    Pockets destroy phones and that's the worst place you can put a phone.

11-27-09 12:30 AM
    Putting your phone in your back pocket is a great way to crack the LCD. Ask my friend: he just had to do an insurance claim on his new 9700 (already!) because he had it in his back pocket, forgot it was there, and sat down.

11-27-09 12:40 AM
    I would NEVER sit on my 9700. that's just RUDE!
    11-27-09 12:43 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD