Both me and my mom (I'm a secondary line she's primary) are full time college students and I read on here that some of you are receiving a student discount.
    Well I just called Verizon and the lady I talked to both didn't think there was and couldn't find one.
    So to anyone being credited with. A student discount HOW did you do it?! Lol thanks for any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 11:57 AM
    This would be new to my knowledge.
    11-19-09 12:00 PM
    Both me and my mom (I'm a secondary line she's primary) are full time college students and I read on here that some of you are receiving a student discount.
    Well I just called Verizon and the lady I talked to both didn't think there was and couldn't find one.
    So to anyone being credited with. A student discount HOW did you do it?! Lol thanks for any help
    Not that this is the answer you want ... but you could always get a part time job at a company that offers a discount to be with Verizon ...
    11-19-09 12:09 PM
    McDonald's has a pretty good % off...
    11-19-09 12:10 PM
    It might not have been on here could have been another forum I googled Verizon student discount and there were students and alumni receiving up to 15 percent discounts

11-19-09 12:18 PM
    I have a part time job at my school. Which I think recieves a discount but I'm a workstudy and I don't even know if my school is technically my employer

11-19-09 12:20 PM
    It might not have been on here could have been another forum I googled Verizon student discount and there were students and alumni receiving up to 15 percent discounts
    Schools often provide student discounts for technology equipment -- like computers, etc. Maybe they also offer discounts on service?

You may want to investigate with your school. Probably the same office you'd get a computer from.
    11-19-09 12:25 PM
    Lol that's the office I work for! But that wouldn't be who to ask unfortunately cuz I have!

11-19-09 12:27 PM
    Lol that's the office I work for! But that wouldn't be who to ask unfortunately cuz I have!
    When you called Verizon, did you mention that you're employed by your college?

There isn't a supervisor at your office that may be able to answer your question?
    11-19-09 12:51 PM
    No I didn't tell them yet just cuz I JUST started I won't even have a pay stub for almost 2 weeks. And no the only discounts they knew about were little ones local places around town are. Not ones provided BY the school

11-19-09 01:03 PM
    Just try to enter your work email when they give you one.
    11-19-09 01:51 PM
    I did, its the same as my student email. But when I go to actually put my information as to apply a discount to our account it says the information doesn't match records I will try to call and go the employee route

11-19-09 02:05 PM
    Well verizon said that they basically dont care if i work for anywhere eligible for a discount because the account isnt in my name. so our only discount hope would be that my moms university has a discount
    11-19-09 04:04 PM
    Well verizon said that they basically dont care if i work for anywhere eligible for a discount because the account isnt in my name. so our only discount hope would be that my moms university has a discount
    First ... find out if she gets a discount.

Second ... find out if there even IS a discount for you. Because, if there is, and your mom doesn't get one (or you get a better one), you can "assume the liability" of the account and put it in your name.
    11-19-09 04:27 PM
    I get 15% off AT&T through my school, but I get 21% off through my work for Verizon, so I would suppose it's possible.
    11-19-09 04:32 PM
    Qazme, how does ATT go about applying the discount for you? did you have to contact someone at your school? if you did can you help me out on who.
    and thanks eric good idea
    11-19-09 04:51 PM
    When I entered my student email address it told me I was eligible for an 18% plan discount and a 25% accessory discount
    11-19-09 10:42 PM
    @rnaiyc I have no clue I never took the offer because I used my 21% from work for Verizon. If it works like my Verizon deal you simply verify what school you go to and they apply the credit to your account.

Basically for the Verizon discount through work I had to show a Valid drivers license and some form of work id IE check stub, Id card etc. So I'm not sure what you would have to do, I don't think all schools have a discount, I would suggest calling your student adviser or financial aid, they would know for sure and what you have to do.
    11-19-09 10:51 PM
    i have get 60% discount from this refurbished blackberry. I like this
    And it is working very good.
    11-19-09 11:23 PM
    Just plugged my old student email in, and qualified for a discount. Unfortunately, I graduated 5 years ago and my account is long gone from the schools system, so I can't access the email VZW sent with details.
    11-20-09 09:01 AM
    It all has to do with whether or not your school or employer has a contract with verizon to offer discounts for there employees or students. If your work email or school email does not work then you are most likely out of luck... All i had to do was use my work email address and I received the monthly discount.
    11-20-09 09:41 AM
    it asks me for all of this other information like 3 different phone numbers and last of my social and work address after i put work or school email
    11-20-09 05:08 PM
    i have get 60% discount from this refurbished blackberry. I like this
    And it is working very good.
    I like baseball!?

11-20-09 07:20 PM
    I get 20% off my plan and it is helpful.
    11-20-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD