I recently upgraded my BB Curve 8320 to a Blackberry 9700,I have my blackberry messenger contacts backed up on my media card which i can access, but once I restore my contacts, it tells me none of my contacts have me on their bb messenger list and I have to re-invite them to add me all one by one, and further more none of the avatar pictures are showing up. I also tried restoring by email, but nothing happens.

I know there was an outage recently with Blackberry messenger, is that the case again or am I doing something wrong?
    11-19-09 09:47 AM
    Having the same issues with my 9700, when i try and do a remote backup it says that i am still being registered with blackberry messenger and that it will only take a couple of mins.........its been going since last night
    11-19-09 10:36 AM
    Same issue here, but I called Tmobile. They said bare with them, there are a lot of issues they are resolving because the phones are so new. Also can't get Vlingo to work.
    11-19-09 10:40 AM
    After speaking to RIM support we figured out my prob. My 9700 had BBM 4.7 on it. After updating to 5.0 i was able to restore all contacts and avatars by email. RIM tech said i would have to do it one by one, but it did it itself after email backup.
    11-20-09 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD