I got a message from app world saying that there was new version of YouMail. The older version always stayed open unless you selected BBMenu, Exit. Now the new version doesn't exit at all, even when selecting that option. It stays in the apps tray.

I can't deal with apps that don't close properly or that stay in the tray. I deleted it and went with vyMail instead.
    11-19-09 08:25 AM
    What version are you using? 0.96.2 does exit when you go to [menu]>[exit]. After I exit, it is removed from the tray.
    11-19-09 02:01 PM
    it's 96.3 and he is right..exit button no longer works.
    11-19-09 04:08 PM
    Yeah, that's the version. I got rid of it as I was writing that and didn't have the version number. vymail pulls my youmail messages and the interface is better, plus the app is smaller, closes properly and doesn't stay in the system tray.
    11-19-09 08:08 PM
    Got two words for ya........google voice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 06:17 PM
    How is it that an upgrade gets worse? I mean sometimes software adds useless features and gets worse by getting too bloated but YouMail is removing features!
    11-22-09 01:04 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing. I regret upgrading. I hate having apps open that I don't want. Take up memory.
    11-27-09 08:28 AM
    I tried Youmail. Google Voice is better. It converts voice mail to text almost flawlessly. Awesome app.
    11-27-09 09:46 AM
    I tried Google Voice. YouMail is better. It addresses callers by name even if they not in my phonebook.

11-29-09 05:57 AM
    I tried Google Voice. YouMail is better. It addresses callers by name even if they not in my phonebook.

I have to Agree

It also has free Answer tones, Ring Tones and rejects Unknown/Blocked callers

The answer tone I like the best is the official sounding AT&T voice that states this number has been disconnected (LOL)
    11-29-09 06:20 AM
    I am using both but yeah I like YouMail better because of it's options.
    11-29-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD