I recently used an un-named cell unlocking company to unlock my Blackberry Storm 9530. I payed $8.00 for the code and the next day they contacted me and said my phone did not have an unlock code that could be used and gave me a refund?!

Does that really happen or did I inadvertently use an incompetent company.

If I did, could anyone recomend a good on that won't charge my $20?
    11-19-09 08:11 AM
    just call verizon,tell them you are going to france or somewhere over there.and they will walk you through it.No charge,I did it last week good luck
    11-19-09 08:33 AM
    More than likely you encountered a shady company, I've used UniquePhones myself and I paid 16.99 for my Unlock Code. It was a pretty smooth transaction overall. I'd recommended them or Unlock2g.

The first site offers support over the phone & online if you want to chat with them before you purchase. I know I wore them out with questions to make sure it an OK process before unlocking to T-Mobile.

FYI The going rate for unlock codes are usually around 20.00$ but most of them offer a discount code or something if you ask about it before you purchase.
    11-19-09 07:00 PM
    We can unlock it for you and cheaper than most. Let us know. Happy Unlocking
    11-23-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD