Does anybody know if Rogers will be
    Getting the storm 2 anytime soon?
    11-19-09 04:41 AM
    Very very unlikely.

9520 = 2G(gprs,gsm), 3G(hspa 2100 European frequency). Not sure if it supports N. American 3G.
    If you bought one of these you would get 2G edge service at a minimum. Not slated for release in North America.

9550 = 3G(cdma), 2G(gprs, gsm):
    You could get one of these and use it on Rogers as a 2G edge device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-19-09 at 05:21 AM.
    11-19-09 04:57 AM
    I don't see why RIM wouldn't allow Rogers to get the 9520, Wind Mobile just released it in Italy, so, don't give me the exclusivity deal. Vodafone, and Wind announced it today, they will both be releasing the Storm2 in Italy.
    11-23-09 04:57 PM
    Rogers doesn't need the Storm2.

First of all, it has it's dominant iPhone touchscreen lineup.
    Secondly, it has every other blackberry.
    Third, the storm has a terrible reputation, and most people won't consider buying it

Those are just my opinions on the matter.
    11-23-09 05:01 PM
    Well the dominant iPhone line up the Rogers had once is carried by all carriers now
    11-24-09 06:15 AM
    I would think that if Rogers was going to release a gsm version they would do it soon before too many customers sign up with Telus who are the only ones offering it in Canada now.

I'm a perfect example. In the next couple of weeks I will head on down to my local Telus store and sign up for a couple of years and Rogers will lose a long-time subscriber.

My fear is that as soon as I sign up Rogers will announce their version but all indications are that they will not. Despite what many may think of Rogers I don't think they're that dumb. They know Telus is selling it now and if they had plans to sell it too they would have announced or leaked something by now.
    11-24-09 11:49 AM
    I'm in teh same boat as you dynot. I've already got all the credit I need on my account to pay for the early contract termination charges.
    11-24-09 06:09 PM
    Same boat as you Rikter and dynot - want the S2 from Rogers!
    11-25-09 01:11 PM
    Here's another theory I've been kicking around. I'm not all that knowledgeable about exclusivity deals but let's say Telus has one similar to Vodafone and Verizon. This could explain the lack of advertisements. If I'm not mistaken Vodafone had its deal last for one month.

I know I'm grasping at straws here but maybe I'll wait for Dec 18 before I make any moves. Heck..I've waited this long!
    11-25-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD