I recently purchased an unlocked Verizon Blackberry 9550. Unfortunately, after I inserted my Roger's SIM card, only "edge" appeared. I DO have a Blackberry Data Plan and this is a brand new 4.0 SIM card.

I tinkered with it a bit and plugged my brothers Rogers Blackberry SIM card and his worked instantly.

Can someone help me put one and one together?

My SIM Card:
    Blackberry Bold

Brothers:
    Blackberry Pearl

Thank you!
    11-19-09 01:58 AM
    If you're looking for 3G speeds, I think we (I also want HSPA for Storm2) may be out of luck. The Storm2 only carries the European bands for GSM 3G speeds. For now, only EDGE is possible in NA.
    11-19-09 04:04 AM
    You can't get 3G speeds using the storm2 on Rogers lol. Shudda done your research

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 08:51 AM
    Think the OP was referring to not being able to get "EDGE" only "edge".

I have a Rogers SIM in my 9550 (not sure if it's a 4.0) that I was using on a Bold, and everything is working OK.

I was having some issues until a removed the APN settings. Since then I've been solid EDGE.
    11-19-09 09:22 AM
    When you use the Verizon Blackberry 9550 on the Rogers network what happens to the Verizon software that would get pushed to your devise? Do you now get the Rogers software?
    11-19-09 09:54 AM
    Think the OP was referring to not being able to get "EDGE" only "edge".

I have a Rogers SIM in my 9550 (not sure if it's a 4.0) that I was using on a Bold, and everything is working OK.

I was having some issues until a removed the APN settings. Since then I've been solid EDGE.
    You are spot on! Does anyone have a solution?

I just put my father's SIM card in.. he uses the 8900.. and it works.
    11-19-09 01:05 PM
    FIXED: After atleast 5 calls to Rogers.. One rep found a block on my account.
    11-19-09 01:26 PM
    bought a new 9550 from the usa. had it unlocked but device only shows 'egde'. service provider says that its probable because its not supported on their local network here (safaricom, kenya). have scoured every bb forum over the last 5 days and nights to no avail.

btw, I used a friends roaming ATT chip and it picked up data just fine.

anyone got any ideas?

/h2 s
    11-30-09 03:38 AM
    Yes well logic should have dictated it was related to your sim or account if your brothers worked in the same phone.
    11-30-09 05:59 AM
    got a BB storm2 9550 Verison from ebay in the US popped in my Sim the thing is showing sos its unlocked but is not working on my local network (Airtel Zambia 3.7G) any ideas on how i can get this thing to work
    04-19-12 04:39 AM
    verizon phones are not provisioned for most african networks including Airtel. had the same issue in kenya on both safaricom and airtel. think you are out of luck. try plugging in an alternative network providers BB enabled SIM and test if that works.

/h2
    04-19-12 06:55 AM
    Hate to break it to you, but 3.7 G, often referred to as H+ is not supported on the Storm 2. It's the same reason why my storm 2 can't use my 9860 sim card. I will have to disagree with hanifh, on the basis that it's not the verizon phone that is the issue. Storm 2 was was built to run as a world phone, supporting GSM, 3G, 2G, CDMA, Global networks, etc. I have tried it on 3G, and it works fine. IF it is picking up SOS, it means some cell phone provider in the area is using a signal that it can detect, so figure out what the network is by going into connections, mobile network options. It should display it beside Mobile Network. It could even be your own network provider, and you only have to change the SIM to use the older network.
    04-20-12 10:53 PM
    go to mobile setting and check the settings . if its in gobal it will not work you will have to change it to gsm settings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    04-26-12 01:05 PM
    I switched my Verizon Storm2 to simple mobile network last week. I am not able to use internet at all. I get a message" there is insufficient network coverage". I also contacted simple mobile help desk twice and they sent me a text to download opera.com. Even after trouble shooting for hours still my internet/ email doesn't work! Should I go back to verizon? Anyone knows how to get internet on Verizon Storm2
    05-13-12 10:11 PM
    go to mobile setting and check the settings . if its in gobal it will not work you will have to change it to gsm settings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    storm 2 phone which was with verizon earlier has now data plan with simple mobile. I am not able to use internet browser or emails. I contacted simple mobile customer service and they sent me a link to operamini.com. I downloaded it but no help. Does anyone knows how to get internet on my storm2 ?
    05-14-12 10:32 PM
    storm 2 phone which was with verizon earlier has now data plan with simple mobile. I am not able to use internet browser or emails. I contacted simple mobile customer service and they sent me a link to operamini.com. I downloaded it but no help. Does anyone knows how to get internet on my storm2 ?
    05-14-12 10:33 PM
    I was looking for a forum discussing using a Verizon Storm 2 (9550) in Canada and was glad to see this forum active. I upgraded to a Verizon Bold 9930 and have a 9550 I would like to give a family member who lives in British Columbia and who has no cell phone. Verizon says it can"t be done, of course, but i don't know if that is fact or party line. Has anyone done this successfully? What problems might my daughter-in-law encounter? Our son is somewhat tech savvy and the two of them could figure out reasonable issues.
    06-11-12 02:50 PM
    I have the same problem too!!! Got the Rogers BB40 plan and as long as you have a WiFi connection it stays on EDGE....As soon as you go off WiFi EDGE will stay on for a bit but kick back down to edge. If you shut off your mobile connection and turn it back on it goes up to EDGE again for a bit but always kicks back down....OCCASIONALLY it will kick up to EDGE on it's own but it is infrequent and VERY frustrating....Seems like it's "hunting" for that EDGE system all the time when it's not on a WiFi....Any help would be greatly appreciated
    02-20-13 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD