Ok after tons of reseach and trial and error I have figured out how to make the sliding dock animation work on the storm. I have even figured out how to make multiple docks that hide to the left, right and bottom. Now what I am trying to figure out is how to make all of the docs stay visible at the same time. As it stands right now I can get one dock to show itself at a time and this required the "Focused Object Remains In Focus" box checked. I know that it is possible because I have a theme that I purchased a while back that allows both of the hidden docks to be viewed at the same time. I have attached the SVG file if anyone want to pick it apart and tell me where I went wrong. (I know that the icons are not lined up correctly on the right and left sides.) One other thing, how do you get the on screen icons to go from 80x80 to say 50x50. I have tried resizing the buttons and editing the buttons in the composer yet when it gets to the simulator the icons look like they have been trimmed with scissors instead of reducing in size.

Thanks to anyone that is willing to help me learn this,
    gtstang462002
    11-18-09 03:09 PM
    Judging by your svg code it looks like you have 4 different layers for 4 different sets of buttons...and what I think you want to do is have all the buttons come out from different sides all at the same time?...If this IS what you want to do then all you have to do is put all the buttons on the same layer and make sure you adjust your animation code to read layer 1 (or whatever layer you put all the buttons on) instead of layer 1 layer 2 layer 3 layer 4 like you have it now...Hopefully that helps
    11-19-09 10:38 AM
    Judging by your svg code it looks like you have 4 different layers for 4 different sets of buttons...and what I think you want to do is have all the buttons come out from different sides all at the same time?...If this IS what you want to do then all you have to do is put all the buttons on the same layer and make sure you adjust your animation code to read layer 1 (or whatever layer you put all the buttons on) instead of layer 1 layer 2 layer 3 layer 4 like you have it now...Hopefully that helps
    Kinda, I actually want to be able to hide select docks at will or be able to have them all available to my liking. I know that it is possible as I have a theme that I purchased back(Storm Today Plus Hidden) when I started out with the storm 1. This particular theme has two docks that work independently from each other. I can expose both dock at the same time or one at a time. I really like that theme I just want a few more hidden docks in there. I have other ideas that this coding could apply to as well. I am sure it is a simple line of code that needs to be put in the .svg file. I am just not skilled in the art of coding to develop that code myself and am turning to the community for help.
    11-19-09 04:18 PM
    Im not sure on exactly what you want to do so i will dumb it down for myself.....

You want multiple docks to have the option to slide in 1 by 1 and have them all stay on the screen (Ex.Slide one open/Tap slide 2 and the 2nd dock moves into view with out pushing slide 1 out of the frame?

Do you want a button for each to close 1 by1 and or a master button to hide all of the docks?

Hope you understand my dumb down of your question lol.
    11-20-09 11:53 PM
    Im not sure on exactly what you want to do so i will dumb it down for myself.....

You want multiple docks to have the option to slide in 1 by 1 and have them all stay on the screen (Ex.Slide one open/Tap slide 2 and the 2nd dock moves into view with out pushing slide 1 out of the frame?

Do you want a button for each to close 1 by1 and or a master button to hide all of the docks?

Hope you understand my dumb down of your question lol.
    You got it. I guess the short and sweet is I want each dock to work independently from each other.
    11-22-09 10:52 AM
    Ill get back with ya or feel free to check your inbox on crackberry i sent my pin
    11-22-09 05:23 PM
    You got it. I guess the short and sweet is I want each dock to work independently from each other.
    Without looking at your svg file, sounds like you are on the right track.

1 Layer for each dock. You'll need 4 areas defined as buttons to open each dock and 4 more areas, one on each dock, or main screen to use for closing each dock.

I have several themes at my site that have multiple docks and in many cases, sliding doors that open in multiple directions and sliding docks that appear once the doors open.

They can be seen here. They are towards the bottom of the page. Both NFL and custom Military and Firefighter themes.

Let me know if you need more detailed info.

Take care.
    12-07-09 12:07 AM
    Without looking at your svg file, sounds like you are on the right track.

1 Layer for each dock. You'll need 4 areas defined as buttons to open each dock and 4 more areas, one on each dock, or main screen to use for closing each dock.

I have several themes at my site that have multiple docks and in many cases, sliding doors that open in multiple directions and sliding docks that appear once the doors open.

They can be seen here. They are towards the bottom of the page. Both NFL and custom Military and Firefighter themes.

Let me know if you need more detailed info.

Take care.
    First of all Kwoodford, I want to say your themes are the best that I have seen on here as far as sports themes and ideas. I am trying to make something similiar to this. I have three layers and three sets of 4 icons. want them to show and disappear, one set to the left, one set to the left, and one set to the bottom. Is there a special svg coding that I need for that or is one coding work for alot or all SVG files editing? I know you have to adjust the coordinates but not sure about the coding. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    12-08-09 09:58 AM
    another good example that you can take a look at is this theme here that I made with similar docks like what you are talking about. Same concept, two buttons for each dock in there own seperate layers. The images I think are pretty self explanatory.

Red War
    12-08-09 01:08 PM
    Do you have to manually edit the svg file for each layer and button? Thats what I don't get.
    I have the coding for the bottom dock and can get that to move up and down. but how do i get the coding for the other two docks or layers to slide in and out?
    12-08-09 01:56 PM
    Do you have to manually edit the svg file for each layer and button? Thats what I don't get.
    I have the coding for the bottom dock and can get that to move up and down. but how do i get the coding for the other two docks or layers to slide in and out?
    Its the exact same code you probably used for the bottom dock with a couple of changes. See the example below.

Code:
    <animateTransform xlink:href="#Layer_2" id="_anim_OPN1" attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    to="360,0" dur="0.5s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="Theme_Button_26.focusin"
    />
    Change "#Layer_2" to the layer you want to move. Same exact layer name used in composer. The id, "_anim_OPN1" in the above example must be different for each instance of this code. Change the "to" to the new coordinates x,y tht you want that particular layer to move to. Set duration and set the condition that starts the animation (in this case when Theme_Button_26 receives the focus. The name must be the same as the name in Composer.

IMPORTANT. Save a backup with a differentt name or use some means to keep a copy of this code BEFORE running Export/SVG from composer. This code must be added to the END of the SVG file just prior to </svg> and it will be erased when you Export to SVG from composer. All your added code will be LOST. Copy Your written code to a separate file so when you change the Composer file and re-export it you can then copy/paste from your saved file to the new .svg file.

Good luck and let me know how its going and if you need more.

Take care.
    12-08-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD