How is the sound on your 8330?Can your hear people ? Can people hear you?If there are problems with people hearing me and me hearing people what should I do?My girlfriend tells me "I dont sound like myself"....
    05-18-08 01:14 PM
    Press the phone key > Menu > Options > Enhanced Audio > Disable and try it.
    05-18-08 01:56 PM
    How is the sound on your 8330?Can your hear people ? Can people hear you?If there are problems with people hearing me and me hearing people what should I do?My girlfriend tells me "I dont sound like myself"....
    I too am having this same problem and I am on my second curve already. I have tried a couple of trouble shooting tips on here but nothing has seemed to work.

I have also noticed that the sound seems to fade in and out quite a bit while on the phone, and sometimes I straight up can't hear people and I have the volume turned up

not sure what's going on.
    05-18-08 09:02 PM
    No problems with mine. Sound is great!
    05-18-08 09:05 PM
    Seems to be an issue with Verizon 8330's .
    05-18-08 09:10 PM
    Seems to be an issue with Verizon 8330's .
    05-18-08 09:10 PM
    This is what I figured because I am also having problems with the ring tone volume being very weak, and I have triple checked to make sure all my settings are set to "loud".

I have had some people tell me the ring tones are Super loud, but you can't hear my phone ringing on loud if it sitting in my lap. Not lying!

I have friends who have the at&t curves and their phones are Super Loud
    05-18-08 09:36 PM
    nah my problems just when im on the phone
    05-18-08 10:36 PM
    No problem on mine either.
    05-18-08 10:37 PM
    I had the same problem with the volume so low I could barely hear anything. This problem happened only a week after I got my Verizon curve. After reading all the forums, I figured if anything was wrong, pull the battery to reset it. I did and the volume was restored. Hope this helps...
    05-19-08 10:39 AM
    I had this issue with the first curve I got from Verizon. I ended up swapping it out because of that and that fact that when the earpiece volume was above half way, the earpiece speaker would buzz. Unfortunatly the replacement curve they gave me has the same buzzing problem, and the bottom left side creeks. Look's like I'll be going back for another replacement before my first 30 days are up.
    05-19-08 10:51 AM
    I had this issue with the first curve I got from Verizon. I ended up swapping it out because of that and that fact that when the earpiece volume was above half way, the earpiece speaker would buzz. Unfortunatly the replacement curve they gave me has the same buzzing problem, and the bottom left side creeks. Look's like I'll be going back for another replacement before my first 30 days are up.
    It's frustrating isn't it I am on my second curve and the past two days I am noticing that when I answer a call or place a call there is no sound at all. The person on the other end can't hear me either.

This is the same problem I was having with the first one.

Doing a battery pull did fix the problem, but I am having to do it more than once a day

I'm about ready to go back to my Env
    05-19-08 11:12 AM
    I'm not having any sound problems with my Curve, everything is working great on mine.
    05-19-08 02:23 PM
    mine is doing it as well, I had to do a battery pull, and i have given up on the ringer. You could not hear my ringer if you duct taped it to your ear. I called Verizon and they were like uhmm we have not heard anything about this about this problem.
    05-19-08 06:20 PM
    i got another curve yesterday...as of right no it works fine...everyone should do the same
    05-20-08 09:07 AM
    mine is doing it as well, I had to do a battery pull, and i have given up on the ringer. You could not hear my ringer if you duct taped it to your ear. I called Verizon and they were like uhmm we have not heard anything about this about this problem.
    Well I called verizon customer service this morning to see if I could put in a trouble ticket on the issue.

The rep actually told me that blackberry's aren't really phones you make calls on, that they are more for emailing and texting, so if I want a phone to talk on I should get the razr
    05-20-08 09:11 AM
    Well I called verizon customer service this morning to see if I could put in a trouble ticket on the issue.

The rep actually told me that blackberry's aren't really phones you make calls on, that they are more for emailing and texting, so if I want a phone to talk on I should get the razr
    I think you should have asked for his/her supervisor and told them the rep was a dummy.
    05-20-08 12:33 PM
    I think you should have asked for his/her supervisor and told them the rep was a dummy.
    I actually sent an email to customer service telling them about my experience. This is my first blackberry and I don't think I will ever be going back to a regular phone.
    05-20-08 12:48 PM
    I am on my second Curve. First one had call quality issues. The second one just has a little hiss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 07:40 AM
    This is what I have noticed. Whenever I get an MMS message with sound attached to it, the following calls are muted. Every person that has called me after I open an MMS msg with sound tells me that they can hear me, but I can't hear them. I can't even hear voicemails. A battery pull works, but that gets old. Hopefully 4.5 fixes this.
    05-27-08 09:53 PM
    I am also on my second verizon curve and what do you know after 2 days of the new one it is doing the same thing. I cant hear anyone when i call them but they can hear me. I have been talking directly to a vzw customer service lady and she said she hasnt heard of this problem but obviously if its 2 phones so far and 2 of the same exact problems, something is up. The lady is researching it tonight and getting into contactwith blackberry and is going to call/txt msg me the results in the morning so hopefully i'll know more. Its getting kind of annoying not being able to talk 1/2 the time, i mean come on i have unlimited plan i want to ring that **** up lol. I shall let you guys know, also if you have had this problem call and report it, i got a month shaved off my bill so far for the troubles. i mean what is the use of paying for a phone you cant use.
    06-02-08 10:33 PM
    I notice my call quality varies quite a bit depending on the signal strength when I make a call. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that the Blackberry lowers the sound quality and moves to a lower bitrate codec if the signal strength is low. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Some of my calls are crystal clear, others sound like I'm talking behind a pillow. The same thing goes for the sound coming through the earpiece -- sometimes it's clear, other times the sound seems to fade in and out and it's difficult to hear people.
    06-03-08 10:15 AM
    Exchanging your Curve will not solve the problem.It will eventually do the same thing on your replacement phones. It's an issue with all the 8330 Curves on Verizon. I'm seriously thinking about returning mine and just wait for the new BB Thunder or something to come out. I will probably be old and gray by then but I hope i will at least remember what a Blackberry is by then.
    06-18-08 02:29 PM
    I can't believe this issue passed their QA process. There must be some other explanation on this. Lately, people have been having a hard time hearing me. When I call someone from my Curve, leave a voicemail, then play the voicemail back to myself I can clearly hear that my voice sounds muffled.

I've followed all the battery pull advice, etc., and that does absolutely nothing. It must be a network issue with the Curve, I can't think of anything else that might be causing this. I never had this issue with my Treo. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY CURVE! However, the muffled sound issue is annoying at best.
    06-18-08 03:38 PM
    Blackberry's have never been known for having good sound quality. Before I got mine, people calling me from BlackBerry on any carrier, I could usually tell they were calling from either a BlackBerry or a cheap crappy phone. And now that I have one, several people have told me they can't hear me very well. The incoming volume is fine it just doesn't sound very good, and the outgoing audio quality is way below par. It's not unique to Verizon, in my experience, just a shortcoming of BB's in general. It's definitely something RIM needs to work on.

The ringtone and alert volumes are definitely soft, compared to phones that are, well, just phones. "Notifier_Sonar" is pretty audible though because it's percussive, so I use that for email. For texts and chat I use "Notifier_Bike Bell" because it's subtle, sounds cool, and non-email messages aren't that important to me.

Also, every alert and ringtone starts with one vibrate which I usually catch before it makes a noise since the phone is usually in my pocket or on a wood desk. The vibrate is a very weak too, though, compared to other phones I've had in the past.

For the voice ringtone I use a free music clip I found on this site, "It's Business Time" from Flight of the Conchords. It's the only one I have a chance of hearing when I'm out and about in the world, and it amuses me. I also tried "classic.mp3" which is here but it's only slightly louder than the stock ringtones and annoys the heck outta me.

Unfortunately, the 8330 just doesn't do anything loud with the external speaker. My guess is that RIM dialed back it's amplifier power to conserve battery life on their CDMA devices, which needs more juice than GSM just to function.

BTW, my prior career as a recording engineer makes me very picky about sound quality. I can hear extremely subtle differences in audio quality. Don't even get me started on external headsets, especially Bluetooth, because almost every time someone calls me with one I ask them to disable it and call me back. A lot of my friends are musicians and audio engineers who have the same "problem" and do the same thing.
    06-19-08 03:47 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD