11-18-09 07:37 AM
    I wonder what os its shipping with I hope a newer firmware then verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 08:02 AM
    I wonder what os its shipping with I hope a newer firmware then verizon

That'd be sweet. Upgrade!
    11-18-09 08:50 AM
    The OS download is not listed on the telus download page just yet..crossing fingers for a newer OS..
    11-18-09 09:02 AM
    Still no MMS :-(
    11-18-09 09:07 AM
    Still no MMS :-(
    blame that on Telus
    11-18-09 09:30 AM
    If it is out today, someone who get it please post your OS version Info.
    11-18-09 09:48 AM
    Yes please os info

11-18-09 10:28 AM
    is the 9550 the hspa version? or is this cdma?

debating between this and bold2. if this is cdma im gonna get the bold 2.

sick of trackballs :/
    11-18-09 10:30 AM
    Its the CDMA version Storm2 9550. Not sure about the OS yet, but the leaked pics on crackberry last week showed it was same as verizon.
    11-18-09 10:51 AM
    I guess nobody cares about Telus Storm2???
    11-18-09 03:42 PM
    hahaha I guess not. Went looking for some at the Eaton Centre in Montreal and they had none. The girl said they hadn't received them yet but they should be getting them soon.. now I don't know if that was what she knew or if that was what she had been told to say..
    11-18-09 04:24 PM
    Its the CDMA version Storm2 9550. Not sure about the OS yet, but the leaked pics on crackberry last week showed it was same as verizon.
    Should have been on the hspa network. Ridiculous!

11-18-09 05:59 PM
    I asked about the HSPA version(which i agree should have been out now especially with their new network). The reply I got was that the HSPA version will likely appear sometime in early 2010. No specific dates.
    11-18-09 07:53 PM
    I asked about the HSPA version(which i agree should have been out now especially with their new network). The reply I got was that the HSPA version will likely appear sometime in early 2010. No specific dates.
    well i talked to the top media relations guy with telus and asked him about hspa storm 2 and he said that RIM is only releaseing CDMA storm 2 for north america
    11-18-09 08:01 PM
    well i talked to the top media relations guy with telus and asked him about hspa storm 2 and he said that RIM is only releaseing CDMA storm 2 for north america
    OMG.... does RIM want to sell these bad boys or not?!?!

Anyways, I can't feel too sorry for Telus customers. Right know it appears they have the best phones in Canada.
    11-18-09 08:28 PM

Anyways, I can't feel too sorry for Telus customers. Right know it appears they have the best phones in Canada.
    lol ya i said f*** the storm 2 and got the bold 9700 on the new network. but ya it seems telus is getting a s*** load of new and the best smartphones that are out with more to come after christmas. the storm 2 is just a huge disapointment.
    11-18-09 08:32 PM
    The rep I deal with for my company phones says there is no ETA yet for the Storm2. He said it would likely be at least 2 weeks until they get stock in.
    11-18-09 08:36 PM
    Well, being as HSPA coverage is VERY limited (from what I understand) across N. America for now and the foreseeable future, I'm not sure I want to jump on that band wagon. Maybe if I never travelled and just stayed in the Lower Mainland of BC or parts of Alberta it would be ok, but if you need a phone anywhere else maybe best stick with CDMA????

R...

11-18-09 09:24 PM
    Well, being as HSPA coverage is VERY limited (from what I understand) across N. America for now and the foreseeable future, I'm not sure I want to jump on that band wagon. Maybe if I never travelled and just stayed in the Lower Mainland of BC or parts of Alberta it would be ok, but if you need a phone anywhere else maybe best stick with CDMA????

R...
    Very Limited??????????
    If you call 93% of the country now, and 98% of the country in the new year very limited i'd hate to see what you call good coverage!
    11-18-09 10:24 PM
    So from what i understand...The phone is "available" but its not in stores??? So u guys are purchasing online?
    11-18-09 10:49 PM

R...
    Have you seen these maps? telus/bell's 3g network blows rogers away, there is no comparison, and its nowhere near 'limited'

Canada: 3G+ coverage�*|�* 3G+�*|�* Coverage and Travelling�*|�* Support�*|�* TELUS Mobility

sure, a couple provinces aren't up and running yet but if you look at the telus/bell vs rogers comparison, rogers has been caught with their pants down...

Rogers comparisons:
    http://www.telusmobility.com/en/comm...ap_East_EN.pdf
    http://www.telusmobility.com/en/comm...ap_West_EN.pdf
    11-18-09 10:53 PM
    You must be looking at a different coverage map than the one I found then:

Our new network | network | TELUS Mobility

Maybe you can post the link to yours??? Thanks,
    R...

Very Limited??????????
    If you call 93% of the country now, and 98% of the country in the new year very limited i'd hate to see what you call good coverage!
    11-18-09 10:54 PM
    This is ridiculous.
    I have been debating buying the bold 9700 from telus since i heard of it.
    then i decided to wait for the stom2 .

and now i am more confused then ever.
    the bold is the perfect stand blackberry.
    the storm is the perfect blackberry with entertainment.

But the fact that one has hsdpa and the other is still on edge.???

Can someone help me ?
    11-18-09 11:05 PM
    Hey guys.

So I've ordered a 9550 through Telus tonight.
    Multiple stores I've called/visited do NOT have them in stock nor do they have the dummies. All the in-store reps have no idea when it will be in stock, nor did they even really know that it was 'released'.

Contrary to this, the on-phone customer service reps have said a completely different story. While the in-store reps said I'd have to wait until December, and on-phone customer service rep said I'll have it within 2-5 business days.

As for the in-store stock? I'd give it a week. They said the same thing for the iPhone (a big lag time in between online release and in store stock) which didn't turn out to be true.

My opinion? Call *611, talk to a representative and order it so you have confirmation, etc...

And when you talk about it not have HSPA, this is obviously true. Given the North American contract with Verizon? No HSPA for S2 from what I've heard - This just means the Storm 3 (if one does come out, wouldn't doubt it) will take use of the HSPA network. Mind you, the HSPA network is WAY premature at the moment and will actually have the coverage they originally planned by the end of 2010. By that time, I'm sure the S3 will be rumored or something along those lines and then upgrade up. Until then? Enjoy what you can get now because with the way RIM is working, there will always be new phones coming out.

All the best.
    11-19-09 01:44 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD