Ok this worked for me but not sure if for everyone else. Follow my steps very closely. Warning this will wipe all your 3rd party apps so know which ones who had or have a back up of them all.

1. Pull out the battery and plug the Tour into your computer (I am not sure if this will work on a Mac so try and tell me).

2. Go to BlackBerry.com and download the latest OS for your carrier.

3. Once downloaded install the os on your computer. Then open Desktop Manger and connect your Tour (mine didn't show up but it is connected.)

4. Click Application Loader and click the Add/Remove button.

5. Follow the steps through and as you click next install the battery (VERY IMPORTANT!)

6. Let the DM install your new os. Afterwards the device should reboot and load up as it did before the crash. reload the apps but be careful. check to make sure all the apps you are loading are up to date and the right one for your device.

There you go. Mods you can check/sticky this if you want.
    11-18-09 07:27 AM
    The best thing to do is to avoid having to reinstall everything.

When you install an application, run it right away. If you get the "Out of Memory" error, remove the program and reboot. The program was installed improperly and will cause the 552 error message on the next reboot.

As long as you can run the program after an install, you won't get the 552 error message.
    11-18-09 07:52 AM
    11-18-09 11:56 AM
    thanx a ton.... u just saved me a ton of crap wen i got to work n da mornin for y i couldnt fix my blackberry..... yes!!!!!!!
    11-20-09 01:15 AM
    This happened to me after installing Viigo News. I did the same thing, I was freaked out but after you go through it it wasent really a big deal. You have to sign back into your apps, and a lot of your settings are back to default, but it is no biggie.
    11-20-09 10:07 AM
    It's working!!!! Wow, thanks for this thread, you guys are awesome, I was scared for a minute after installing the new Ubertwitter leaked beta, but it is alive again
    12-01-09 02:55 PM
    Ok so I have a question. I'm currently using a Mac and I do have DM installed. The problem is my Mac is in the shop due to a defective DVD ROM. Does it matter if I try to revive my Blackberry Tour using another Mac with DM installed? I read the "disclaimer" that all 3rd party apps will be deleted any how so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Also can I use my backed up info on my personal computer to restore the info on my Tour once I get my computer back and connected to my BB? I did make a back up recently of my BB.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

As a P.S.

my Tour bricked after trying to install Viigo:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/avoi...our-bb-362736/
    12-01-09 10:11 PM
    Ok so I have a question. I'm currently using a Mac and I do have DM installed. The problem is my Mac is in the shop due to a defective DVD ROM. Does it matter if I try to revive my Blackberry Tour using another Mac with DM installed? I read the "disclaimer" that all 3rd party apps will be deleted any how so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Also can I use my backed up info on my personal computer to restore the info on my Tour once I get my computer back and connected to my BB? I did make a back up recently of my BB.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

As a P.S.

my Tour bricked after trying to install Viigo:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/avoi...our-bb-362736/
    If you have you backup on a flash drive or another storage device use that. But you can restore your contacts and data later when you get your other mac back. Good luck on fixing your Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:25 AM
    Ugh. i just got the Reload Software 552 error after a reboot. it was the Google App that did it i guess.

Following your steps now, thanks. i guess it's good that i learn how to do this. It sure is going to be a pain re-installing all of my apps!

EDIT: Everything reloaded fine. Didn't take too long. All my 3rd party apps, and device data was reloaded. i'm not sure how as i've read that the reload software error wipes all device data.

EDIT 2: Now i'm thinking i didn't actually re-load the OS. It only took 20 mins total and i don't recall seeing an OS being installed. i think what i did was just delete the app that caused the 552 error (Google App). Maybe that's why all my info was not wiped.
    12-27-09 09:16 AM
    Thanks so much trapster did it to me but unfortunately I last backed up my phone 25 days ago
    12-27-09 05:11 PM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This was the only thing that worked for my Tour... I have been searching and searching through the threads to find something that would help me out. I got the reload software 552 error when deleting applications. I deleted a few before rebooting. I guess that was my mistake...

Either way it is reinstalling the OS now... Thanks again!
    01-02-10 01:22 PM
    Ugh. i just got the Reload Software 552 error after a reboot. it was the Google App that did it i guess.

Following your steps now, thanks. i guess it's good that i learn how to do this. It sure is going to be a pain re-installing all of my apps!

EDIT: Everything reloaded fine. Didn't take too long. All my 3rd party apps, and device data was reloaded. i'm not sure how as i've read that the reload software error wipes all device data.

EDIT 2: Now i'm thinking i didn't actually re-load the OS. It only took 20 mins total and i don't recall seeing an OS being installed. i think what i did was just delete the app that caused the 552 error (Google App). Maybe that's why all my info was not wiped.
    Actually I did you have no idea how much research and how many people I spoke to about reloading or even upgrading an OS and got so many different answers until... I was told the best way in the future when a New OS comes out is to actually DL it from your carrier to your desktop and then install it.
    Go to RIM folder on your "C" drive, Common files, apploader and then open that folder and launch loader.exe and use this wizard which will... make a backup, Wipe your device then install the loader for the OS, install the OS, reload all your 3rd party apps and then restore all your device settings. All you do after you see several reboots during the process and reregister all your 3rd party apps so keep the 3rd party app keys near by or get them before hand.

That's it and a very effective way to do an OS upgrade... Also recommended by CB.com as the preferred way!
    01-02-10 05:18 PM
    I went through every post trying to get my Tour to work - went to Verizon store only to be told that I had to have a replacement phone.......sorry, not good enough. I went through all of the steps indicated within the threads here and found a link for blackberry.com which states that you should take the battery out first then connect it to your computer while the desktop manager is up. Once you've clicked on the application loader and begin the download, put your battery back in. This worked for me after numerous attempts of doing it with the battery in. Of course, I lost everything, but I have the phone operating. I hope this helps.
    01-09-10 10:41 AM
    Environment
    BlackBerry� smartphones
    BlackBerry� Device Software version 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7.1
    SDR322523
    SDR371635
    DT364168

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    The following error message may be displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone:

Reload software: 552 or App Error 552

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team.

Resolution
    Upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry Device Software version provided by your wireless service provider to resolve this issue.

Workaround
    Complete the following steps:

Verify that the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
    Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
    Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
    In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
    Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Select the applications that you want to install.
    Click Next.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish.
    When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.
    01-09-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD