So I'm messing around on Pandora with the 9700 in my hands and it sounds pretty good, volume halfway. Then I set it on the table and instantly the sound volume goes up and it sounds clearer and richer. The sound seems to just bounce back up off the table and fills the room. Pretty cool intentional design feature or simply by accident? Cool nonetheless. Try it out for yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 03:43 AM
    That's pretty neat ... I ought to try that myself !
    11-18-09 07:02 AM
    Sweet! Someone else noticed this? I've been doing this for well over a year with my 8320. I didn't know if I was crazy, or what.

11-18-09 08:33 AM
    So I'm messing around on Pandora with the 9700 in my hands and it sounds pretty good, volume halfway. Then I set it on the table and instantly the sound volume goes up and it sounds clearer and richer. The sound seems to just bounce back up off the table and fills the room. Pretty cool intentional design feature or simply by accident? Cool nonetheless. Try it out for yourself.

I didnt get it correct. Please tell me the step by step procedure how to manipulate teh tables... and where is this table???

thanks
    11-18-09 08:44 AM
    That is normal. The sound waves bounce off the table. Its accoustics. You can achieve similar results by cupping your hand behind the phone wyen using the speaker. You will notice the sound becomes clearer because your hand is projecting the sound towards you. Same thing as if you cup your hands behind your ears. You can hear in front of you much clearer.

11-18-09 08:44 AM
    Still doesn't sound as good as the 9000, though
    11-18-09 09:10 AM
    I do agree that the 9000 sounds alot better....
    11-18-09 09:16 AM
    I could of sworn I watched in a video about developers designing the phone to project the music better. If you look from the side of your phone, the back top (the chrome part) is slanted. I'll try to find the video and link it...
    11-18-09 09:27 AM
    I didnt get it correct. Please tell me the step by step procedure how to manipulate teh tables... and where is this table???

thanks
    The "table" is the table that you would eat your dinner off or sit at to work.

HTH

Elcuolo
    11-18-09 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD