ATT people speak up! Especially now that we have a few brands of 9700, what problems are you experiencing? So far I've heard of wobbly trackpads.

Any other issues? OS problems? New message notifications not clearing unless you manually clear it? Wobbly keypads, backlighting problems? JVM exceptions? Restarts? Slow response? Call quality?

I'd like to try to cut away the "new toy giddies" and see what problems people are experiencing?
    11-17-09 11:04 PM
    0. But then again this is NOT my first BB, so I know how to use em :P
    11-17-09 11:08 PM
    0. But then again this is NOT my first BB, so I know how to use em :P
    Understood... That being said, you're not needing any workarounds?
    11-17-09 11:25 PM
    Solid for me so far (coming from a 9000). Got my 9700 around noon.

Since then, I've loaded the phone up with all the same apps as I had on the 9000, and the only app that didn't work right is Beejive. I've made about 30 min of calls, and played with it non-stop.

Just popped it on the charger for the night (although technically unnecessary since it's still practically at 100%). No complaints. Will give it a full day workout tomorrow.
    11-17-09 11:31 PM
    I can't view any enlarged picture through 'Contact Profile' on BBM.
    11-17-09 11:33 PM
    How pervasive are the build quality problems? I've heard of screens not being set right (though that seems to be a T-Mobile only problem... AT&T people confirm?), scratches near the screen and chipped paint.

Creaky/slanted/wobbly touchpads are also being spread around.

Why is RIM's build quality going downhill? Don't they have some sort of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma program?
    11-18-09 09:41 PM
    everything is all good! Not my first berry though
    11-18-09 09:45 PM
    The build quality for me has been excellent so far. My trackpad is not "wobbly" by any means. There have been no chips or screen issues at all. I, too, am coming from the Bold 9000 and so far my experience has been excellent.
    11-18-09 09:45 PM
    Just brought mine home and fired her up. LOOOOOOVE the trackpad, but my stupid E and C keys dont work!!! WTF!! Oh well.....back to the at&t store I go tomorrow!
    11-18-09 09:46 PM
    Hey everyone. Just got my new Blackberry 9700 Bold from the ATT Corporate Store, paid my $299 plus tax and got my rebate form. When I got home, got it all set up and tranfered my file from my old Bold 9000 into my new 9700.

Everything went great. Web browser opened up, all service books transfered over, all data tranfered over, then it came time to go to The Media Net Icon. Nothing at all. Fault message said the following: The content on the page you tried to access is not supported by your phone. But you are welcome to try the X-portal instead-Then it gives you a link and it fails.

Has anyone else had this problem? Also in the ATT music folder, same thing happens when you go to The Shop Music Icon, The XM Radio Icon, The Community Icon, but The Music Apps Icon works. Very strange.

Any Ideas, please email me at [email protected]. This is driving me crazy. Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with DATA support and they did not have an answer

Thanks
    11-18-09 09:47 PM
    Hey everyone. Just got my new Blackberry 9700 Bold from the ATT Corporate Store, paid my $299 plus tax and got my rebate form. When I got home, got it all set up and tranfered my file from my old Bold 9000 into my new 9700.

Everything went great. Web browser opened up, all service books transfered over, all data tranfered over, then it came time to go to The Media Net Icon. Nothing at all. Fault message said the following: The content on the page you tried to access is not supported by your phone. But you are welcome to try the X-portal instead-Then it gives you a link and it fails.

Has anyone else had this problem? Also in the ATT music folder, same thing happens when you go to The Shop Music Icon, The XM Radio Icon, The Community Icon, but The Music Apps Icon works. Very strange.

Any Ideas, please email me at [email protected]. This is driving me crazy. Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with DATA support and they did not have an answer

Thanks
    Make sure you back up your info. Then try a handheld wipe:
    - Go to Options (Icon usually looks like a wrench, usually in the settings folder)
    - Go to Security Options
    - Go to General Settings
    - Press the Blackberry button (just left of the trackpad)
    - Choose Wipe Handheld

That should take 5-15mins. Your phone should boot up brand new.

If that doesn't work, you may need to try a soft reset:
    (Press and hold Left alt + right SHIFT + Del)

If that doesn't work, you may need to try a battery pull (Remove the battery and reset the phone)

If worst comes to worst, you may need to try a Operating System reload. Check back or search for directions if none of the above helps.
    11-18-09 09:55 PM
    - loose battery cover (just started today, I've been keeping the phone in my front pocket)
    - trackpad squeaks a bit
    - chrome bezel is a bit loose on left side

Luckily I have warranty for 2 years, immediate replacement. I plan on using this within the next 6 months.

OS problems are being resolved slowly, so I wouldn't worry too much about those. I'm just a bit sad with the build quality at the moment. Not worth the $600 retail price tag if you ask me. RIM has definitely cut costs on this thing.
    11-18-09 09:59 PM
    Anyone in the RIM circle out there? RIM must be aware that people are having widespread build quality issues...?
    11-18-09 10:01 PM
    So far my 9700 freezes from time to time. But other than that, everything is almost heaven compared to the 8900.
    11-18-09 10:09 PM
    Yahoo email not displayed correctly, no Yahoo logo...

I'm not sure if you can turn this off, when talking on the phone the 4 keys near the trackpad are lightly lit.

I prefer the sms/mms delivered to the main box. Today I noticed I had a grip load of sms unanswered...
    11-18-09 10:39 PM
    Got mine today. No build issues. Closest thing I had to a glitch was that I had to reset the phone after setup to get 3G. (EDGE was fine though) Anyone else on TMO have any 3G issues?
    11-19-09 12:02 AM
    The only problem I have is that the volume on the 9700 is low compared to the 8900 but hopefully an OS update will solve that issue and also for me 3G doesn't work in my house but has soon has I step outside the door 3G works great while EDGE only works inside.
    11-19-09 12:35 AM
    I'm on the fence about picking one of these up. Hearing alot of issues both with OS and build quality. Thinking I'll hold out for a bit and see unless someone else can convince me differently. Definately like the phone, but need something that is dependable as it's my lifeline for work and home.
    11-19-09 12:41 AM
    overall awesome just small things that **** me off only because i bought it out for $650.

bezel a bit creaky on the right in one place, the little carrier black strip wiggles a bit, not completely tight against the bezel in the top left corner. not deal breakers at all just things that shouldnt be there in a $650 phone :/

the phone is amazingly nice though, definitely worth it. I upgraded from a tour and there is absolutely not comparison. The weight is perfect too. The tour was too heavy.
    11-19-09 12:42 AM
    Having the same 3G problems it seems...I've only had my phone since about 8pm since I got home from work so I haven't been outside yet. I'm only getting EDGE in my house though. Haven't been able to experience 3G on it yet. I called and the rep said there were some network problems reported in the area, I'm in the Bronx. I guess the same may be for a lot of places in NYC.

Dos everyone else have the app links in their downloads/games folders? I have about 10 browser icons, from save photos, pacman demo, primetime2go, etc. When I click on any of them it says "unable to connect to the internet." This happening for anyone else?
    Last edited by fobi740; 11-19-09 at 12:45 AM.
    11-19-09 12:43 AM
    Just purchased the 9700 at T-Mobile today - the UMA kept dropping calls at home under WiFi until I turned Radio off and then it holds onto the UMA icon. Call quality is crap however under UMA.

Later this evening the screen turned bright white for no reason and nothing helped but a battery pull. Anyone else getting white screens? still received Emails in the background (red light indicates messages) but pressing any buttons has no response.
    11-19-09 01:11 AM
    Anyone having a tough time pressing the left convenience button?
    I find it REALLY uncomfortable to press, feels like it is too deep in...

Also, the top right silent button is a little higher, making the screen look uneven. The trackpad is also uneven.

RIM loves to produce bad quality phones... I hate these imperfections. A pricetag this huge should have quality in it (like the iphones). My previous 9000, also had build quality issues.
    11-19-09 01:47 AM
    the only thing with mine is the trackpad is a bit wobbly but nothing to bad..other then that its perfect. Just gotta stop touching the screen to move/click stuff (came from an iphone)
    11-19-09 01:51 AM
    i have nothing to complain, love this phone, very solid device, only problem got can't make any themes (3rd party) to work, it says download successful, but not at themes folder, it shows in applications but from there i cant make it work, any help please
    11-19-09 03:20 AM
    Hi, I am so so frustrated by this, ok, so if I am typing an SMS/Text then

want to go and delete a mistake in the middle somewhere for example and

scroll over and hit ALT - DEL, it wont delete the character it is supposed

to but rather everything, the ENTIRE field. Not just what is to the left of

the cursor even! This is drving me nuts....NOTE: this is for SMS only and

not email as the feature works in in emails, go figure... :?:x
    Bold9700, Telus, OS 5.0
    11-21-09 02:51 PM
359 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD