I am currently using amaze 4.5 for 8900 which works on the 9700 with no problems. I am wondering what everyone else using on their 9700? Are there any other better gps app?
    11-17-09 07:53 PM
    I would like some input on this as well. I love GPS, but the choices are pricey. I will have to try the amaze app.
    11-17-09 07:56 PM
    The amaze up works well it even reroutes your navigation if you take anothr route or get lost. No problem so far.
    Last edited by evorc; 12-07-09 at 08:08 PM.
    11-18-09 02:09 AM
    Is it a free app?
    Currently I'm using att nav.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 02:17 AM
    Actually been meaning to ask this as well. I'd like to find something that provides the best turn-by-turn voice GPS/NAV. Also which one is the best if it's a paid monthly/app? I heard telenav is one, but anything else and how much does it cost?
    11-18-09 02:18 AM
    Is it a free app?
    Currently I'm using att nav.
    The current 5.0 version is not but there is a link 4.5 version free download in that page and I just used the one for the 8900 and it's been working good....it even works when I'm on edge and not on 3g.
    11-18-09 03:03 AM
    I wonder if Google will implement voice into their google maps app?
    11-18-09 03:48 AM
    I wonder if Google will implement voice into their google maps app?
    They already do... if you own one of their Android phones

11-18-09 03:52 AM
    I like Nav4all. It's free, and it's global; I am hoping to test it out in the UK in two weeks. Just for kicks, I input my brother's address in Oxford, England as my destination, and my address in Michigan as the departure point. I was amused when it came up with a map of the two continents, and plotted how many thousands of miles it would take to bridge the gap. Its shortcoming is that it only gives directions with voice and visual turn by turn signals, but that's my preference in any case. It doesn't give you a bird's eye view of your vehicle moving along the road, so the god-factor is eliminated. You also have a pretty wide variety of languages to choose from for the text-to-voice operations. I chose a seductive British lady to be my guide; nothing strange there.

Telenav costs 9.99 a month, and I believe it's one of the best paid GPS out there. In fact, I think it's a toss up between Garmin mobile and Telenav for the best paid GPS. When I had Garmin mobile 2 years ago, it cost $99 to purchase it. It was yours for as long as you had the device, with no additional fees, but you had to purchase another if you changed phones. That might have changed. I suspect you can now opt to pay monthly fees on Garmin if you want. Both Telenav and Garmin give you the option of viewing your route on the road as it spirals, or viewing turn by turn signals. Quite a few people I know prefer the turn signals for its simplicity; if you are driving, you need visual distractions about as much as a hole in the head. Their only shortcoming is that as far as I know, they are more domestic than global. I currently have both Telenav and Nav4all.

I realize that this is a Bold forum, but Rodney King had it right; there's no reason why we shouldn't get along. I love my Tour at least as much as you love your Bold, and since GPS apps are mostly third-party applications, my information is no less pertinent. I do get Telenav free from Sprint, but we won't quibble about specifics...
    Last edited by Barredbard; 11-18-09 at 05:31 AM.
    11-18-09 05:09 AM
    I am currently using amaze 4.5 for 8900 which works on the 9700 with no problems. I am wondering what everyone else using on their 9700? Are there any other better gps app?
    I wanna try the amaze, but I can't find the link to download the app for blackberry phones. When I go to wap.amazegps.com and click on download I don't see blackberry as one of the phones, only motorola, LG, HP, Toshiba and some other phones I've never heard of... HELP!
    12-05-09 04:46 PM
    I'm running Garmin on my 9700, I am very happy with it.
    12-05-09 07:57 PM
    thanks for the links, i'm gonna give both of them a try.
    12-07-09 01:48 PM
    Amaze seems to have a direct link for the 9700 right now
    12-07-09 01:58 PM
    Been looking for something like this for free. Let us know how it does on the 9700 if you have time. Thanks!
    12-07-09 08:06 PM
    LifeInPocket is about the only free turn-by-turn gps left. Nav4All will go to a pay system at the end of the month.
    Amaze is no longer working on my BB. It's not free anymore.
    12-10-09 04:19 PM
    Amaze is no longer working on my BB. It's not free anymore.
    http://hatax.home.comcast.net/bb/amaze/amAzeGps.jad

oh yeah, that is a link to the 4.5 version which is still free.
    12-14-09 10:34 AM
    http://hatax.home.comcast.net/bb/amaze/amAzeGps.jad

oh yeah, that is a link to the 4.5 version which is still free.
    The 4.5 version works on our OS 5.0? My amaze never seemed to work when I installed it... *smh*
    12-14-09 10:36 AM
    The 4.5 version works on our OS 5.0? My amaze never seemed to work when I installed it... *smh*
    it sure does. technically this one is for the 8900 but it works just fine. this is my second time installing it (didnt transfer over when I got my replacement 9700).
    12-14-09 10:41 AM
    So if I download that version of Amaze to my 9700 they arent going to charge me $3.99/mo?

I'm looking for a good free nav too, or at least a low one time payment. Monthly crap is for the birds!
    12-17-09 05:21 PM
    Looks like the older 4.5 version will expire and stop working this Jan.01 - I might just subscribe, as I have been using it every day lately. Took about 2 months of fiddling with my 8330, but after reading the tips on here about the weak GPS on my model of phone and buying a cheap external puck, it has been flawless. Nav4all has never worked properly for me..sound is awful, crude graphics...
    12-21-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD