wow, look e here... it is i, rbracht! :P

so since im done with my hybrids, i thought i would do this thread, so far, i am loving this hybrid, and yes, it is way different then mine, so get it!

CLICK HERE
    11-17-09 04:06 PM
    is the gps working on this if your on sprint???
    11-17-09 04:55 PM
    Yup. I've had no problems.
    11-17-09 04:59 PM
    This is seeming to be a very good hybrid, I also heard that 7.11 is released to vips and it is amazing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 05:04 PM
    I downloaded it this morning and my Sprint GPS is not working, so now I am wondering if I did it right. It shows that I am running version 5.0.0.238. Can you tell by that if I am running 7.10?
    11-17-09 05:16 PM
    That would mean you are, also, go to options, applications, then hit the blackberry button and select modules and In there it should list a lot of 348 files. Hope that made sense

11-17-09 05:40 PM
    I'm confused.... Which one is better, Irtehum's or rbracht's?

11-17-09 06:08 PM
    I would think that if rbracht is endorsing Irtehun's that would answer your question...
    11-17-09 06:32 PM
    I'm confused.... Which one is better, Irtehum's or rbracht's?

Irtehuns is the way to go man, i was trying to make some good solid hybrids, but i failed.. some people liked mine, some people didnt, im just done with the hybrid scene.
    11-17-09 06:40 PM
    Irtehuns is the way to go man, i was trying to make some good solid hybrids, but i failed.. some people liked mine, some people didnt, im just done with the hybrid scene.
    Your better off cause hybrids really don't do anything.. Honestly.....
    11-17-09 06:42 PM
    i agree with you all the way.. its just cool to have modules say higher release numbers then the leak, :P

speaking of.. where the **** is it? :P
    11-17-09 06:44 PM
    What leak?

You mean .273?
    11-17-09 06:47 PM
    What leak?

You mean .273?
    haha, no, thats terrible! we need something new, you hear of anything? don't lie either forum moderator,
    11-17-09 06:49 PM
    I disagree. 5.0.0.230 vs .230 hybrid....

...hybrid runs way smoother and faster.
    11-17-09 07:40 PM
    I downloaded it this morning and my Sprint GPS is not working, so now I am wondering if I did it right. It shows that I am running version 5.0.0.238. Can you tell by that if I am running 7.10?
    I haven't been able to run Sprint Nav on any OS5. The GPS itself works fine - for example Blackberry Maps and Google Maps. You can find a version of Telenav GPS (the generic version of Sprint Nav) that will run at TeleNav OTA. You may find some other links/versions if you search.
    11-17-09 07:58 PM
    no, you didn't fail. i'm still running your hybrid bro. i have tried all of irtehun's hybrids, from long ago, but yours has the best radio. my signal stays very solid, which i couldn't get from irtehun's. that's why i'm holding off on v7.10
    11-17-09 09:51 PM
    Werd up holmes!!
    11-17-09 10:16 PM
    thanks guys, but 7.10 is really solid for me and im not match for irtehun, nor was i ever trying to be, but thank you
    11-17-09 11:12 PM
    Findings for me: Battery life much better than the basic .230. Viigo still doesn't scroll. Shazam wouldn't install correctly. Media folder still misnamed. Sporadic difficulties with texting. I haven't tried quick pull yet. Sprint Nav not working. All in all, I'll be giving this a try for sometime. I am only naming the negative findings. The positives are still there; snappier system, faster browser, etc. Oh, and I think there is an improvement over the rebooting time as compared with OS 4.7, but maybe not enough to break out champagne glasses. I do take off my hat to Irtehun and rbracht. They've earned by undying respect.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 11-18-09 at 04:08 AM.
    11-18-09 02:19 AM
    hmm. I installed it and when I first ran it it worked fine. I did a bat pull. Suddenly I canont get into my msgs. Then it tells me "bb msging app failed. terminated" blah blah blah.

Same thing with the phone.
    Then it resetted and gave me the App 523 error. Its done this multiple times...what am i doing wrong?
    11-18-09 02:30 AM
    oyes, i have done everything to spec. wiped it etc.
    11-18-09 02:41 AM
    hmm. I installed it and when I first ran it it worked fine. I did a bat pull. Suddenly I canont get into my msgs. Then it tells me "bb msging app failed. terminated" blah blah blah.

Same thing with the phone.
    Then it resetted and gave me the App 523 error. Its done this multiple times...what am i doing wrong?
    I am not sure what you are doing wrong. This is my first hybrid, and it went very smoothly, even though I really didn't know what I was doing. And contrary to instructions, I didn't delete my vendor files, nor did I delete my other OS, yet everything worked. Did you make sure you were running the leaked OS 5.0.0.230 before you attempted installing the 7.10 to make it a hybrid?
    11-18-09 03:36 AM
    I really wish there was a fix for Viigo. Its one of my most cherished apps...
    11-18-09 03:37 AM
    I am not saying to stop making them or trying them.... But

All users should be wary of using hybrids. They can fix some bugs that are with early builds, but they can also make things much worse (including bricking your phone).

These hybrids have not been tested by RIM or any carrier, so there is no guarantee that they work. This isn't to say they don't, but install or create your own at your own risk!

I know of many of these hybrids and I've heard some people say great things, and I've heard others say they're horrible on their phones. I've also tried a couple of hybrids and have chosen to avoid them. At this point in time, the creation of these hybrids is out of hand. It started with just one and it's blown up since then. It's a cool hobby, but doesn't really accomplish anything...

Please avoid them unless you really know what you're doing. That's all just wording caution..
    11-18-09 08:33 AM
    I loaded the .10 version and it seemed to be going well. Now today, several lockups, battery pulls, etc. It's behaving pretty bad now.
    11-18-09 11:01 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD