Okay, so a couple days ago i realized my storm was oddly hot. not just warm, it was so hot it started to burn my leg in my pocket (weird). i took it out turned it off removed the battery which was also burning hot, and let it cool down. once cool, i put the battery back in and it would not turn on. i have two seperate storm batteries and both of them did not work.

please someone help me out. did i fry my phone? am i entitled to a new free one? lol or can i get it fixed some how? can anyone relate to this problem?
    11-17-09 02:10 PM
    Okay, so a couple days ago i realized my storm was oddly hot. not just warm, it was so hot it started to burn my leg in my pocket (weird). i took it out turned it off removed the battery which was also burning hot, and let it cool down. once cool, i put the battery back in and it would not turn on. i have two seperate storm batteries and both of them did not work.

please someone help me out. did i fry my phone? am i entitled to a new free one? lol or can i get it fixed some how? can anyone relate to this problem?
    I had an issue with my original storm. Not over heating but I did a battery pull and my storm would not boot up. I took it to vzw store and they gave me no trouble at all. They did try to revive it themselves but I've bricked mine enough to know they were wasting their time. As long as your within 1 year from your purchase date they should give you a refurbished storm unless you get lucky and they don't have any more and then they might give you a s2. Kinda doubt the latter part but it could happen. GL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 02:51 PM
    My Storm overheated this Sunday when I was at the Charger - Eagle game. All of a sudden, my phone got really hot. I yanked the battery, let it cool off, and thankfully, it seems to be okay.
    11-17-09 03:18 PM
    Mine overheated when it was low on battery fluid. Topped it off now it's all good.

OK I'm just joking! Sounds like either the battery fried or there's an internal short. Head to the store with it. Hope it all works out OK.
    11-17-09 03:48 PM
    Mine overheated when it was low on battery fluid. Topped it off now it's all good.

OK I'm just joking! Sounds like either the battery fried or there's an internal short. Head to the store with it. Hope it all works out OK.
    This HAS to be a circuit thing because the OP said they have a backup battery and that doesn't work either. I just find it odd that the Storm woul get the hot. The iPhone 3GS has been known to get so hot it spontaneously combusts.

What were you doing to use up so much processor power to fry the internals?
    11-18-09 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD