Leaked 5.0.0.348
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I never install leaked versions but I will give this one a try. I don't know, it feels like this one will be rock solid.

Post your finding guys!

LINK BROKEN - FILE REMOVED FROM MEGAUPLOAD

Could any of you be so kind and upload the leak?
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-07-09 at 10:53 AM.
    11-17-09 02:03 PM
    Let me know how it goes. I am thinking about doing it.
    11-17-09 02:57 PM
    I will. I am so hoping this one is one of those near-flawless leaks...
    11-17-09 03:06 PM
    damn! mega upload always makes me down!! any from rapidshare??
    11-17-09 03:47 PM
    Installed it on my wife's 8520... right off the bat I notice the media keys don't work - they send you straight to your apps/icons. So far, that's all I'm really noticing though.
    11-17-09 03:50 PM
    V79, is that different to how it takes you to the media menu folder in .238?

Noone having the reboot-loop problems that hit the AT&T bold 9000 then?

Its showing as unavailable at the moment
    11-17-09 04:10 PM
    Hows the call screen? Can you read the numbers?
    11-17-09 04:22 PM
    Callscreen looks much better, although I'm thinking that only matters if you stick with that default theme.

Nutter - no, I mean your Menu screen, where all your apps are. Instead of going to your Media folder, as intended, it was acting as though you hit the BB key.

I did notice though that it seems to be an issue with the theme she's trying to use, as the media keys work perfectly with the default theme and another one I tried. Hmmm... oh well. She'll have to make a choice.
    11-17-09 05:26 PM
    Nice to know it is working properly so far.

I am only going to download again as my pc rebooted around 80%. Oh well... As soon as Mega Upload allows it...
    11-17-09 05:29 PM
    I'm curious as to how this battery life will hold up... that's all. The last 4.6 I put on there for her was lasting her 2 full days... and that was with heavy Twitter, FB, IM and weather update use, along with web browsing. That may be a deal-breaker moreso than anything, if there's a HUGE dropoff. I love my 9700, but it comes nowhere near that battery life. (so far - been playing with it quite a bit) lol
    11-17-09 05:29 PM
    Using it now for 1 1/2 hours... no reboots. Everything looks awesome so far... but the "Audio Postcards" application that was part of the OS doesnt seem to want to work. It doesnt matter to me, I'd never use it anyways.
    11-17-09 05:53 PM
    Well I'm still loading, and its pretty new, so I'm not sure if the battery is fully up yet, but with heavy use (4.6) I got a day out of it, today barely using it (5.0.0.238) hardly seemed to use anything.
    348 seemed to boot very quickly after the inital load, if that speed holds it will be very welcome
    11-17-09 06:22 PM
    ... but the "Audio Postcards" application that was part of the OS doesnt seem to want to work.
    <voice style="hubert farnsworth">

Whaaah???

</voice>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 06:23 PM
    Having a hard time getting TweetGenius working on her phone with this OS... any suggestions?
    11-17-09 06:42 PM
    UberTwitter? That's what I use. Not sure if it's gonna work as I am STILL downloading. ��
    11-17-09 07:13 PM
    is this os for any particular network? am new to upgrades
    11-17-09 07:24 PM
    Does this leak have tabbed browsing?
    11-17-09 07:28 PM
    Well it's finally finished. The automatic backup didn't want to work, so I had to do it manually, but i don't have any reason to think that is related to this release (since the berry itself was still on 238 at that point)
    Seems ok so far, and for the record on the single default theme I have, pressing "play" on the top of the phone takes me to the media folder in the same way 238 did, so that does seem to be a theme issue.
    Word Mole also works (it didnt in 238)
    It has seemed to struggle to wake up from having turned the screen off (unholstered)
    Nothing else yet, will have to wait and see what else it brings.
    11-17-09 07:36 PM
    is this os for any particular network? am new to upgrades
    Just delete the Vendor ID file and you'll be able to upgrade it.

Did you guys noticed the Blackberry loading screen??
    11-17-09 08:31 PM
    net_rim_bb_file_explorer.Media?? hehe Well anyway my media buttom takes me there (I can choose Images, Videos, etc). Ahh nevermind. It was using the original theme (from previous OS). Switching for the one that came with 5.0 solved this.

The phone feels so dam fast!

I now have a Files app that works just like FileScout. For those wondering: yes, we have threaded SMS and it looks like BBM. Even has the contacts photo is you have any set.

I'll post move after I play a while. ^^
    11-17-09 08:55 PM
    bbm 5 had contact photo, u can slide photos now
    11-17-09 09:54 PM
    just installed .348 from .238

- new(?) option in 'main message list settings'
    - different icon for file manager
    11-17-09 10:29 PM
    bbm 5 had contact photo, u can slide photos now
    I know but SMS didn't. That's what I was talking about.

just installed .348 from .238

- new(?) option in 'main message list settings'
    - different icon for file manager
    Yeah, I noticed some changes to the options as well. Must admit I was a lil lost right after the update hehe.

Is it me of is the browser working better guys? Brickbreaker for sure is faster!
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-17-09 at 10:54 PM.
    11-17-09 10:43 PM
    it works PERFECTLY for me!

there are a bunch of small differences that i noticed. the big thing for me was the fixed call screen.

anyone else notice the mobile contact backup thing? it's not working for me, but it's the first time i've seen it.
    11-17-09 11:05 PM
    Contact backup? No, didn't noticed it. How does it work? Tell more!

What I did notice is that Viigo is not working and will only close after a boot.
    11-17-09 11:18 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD