Hi..I really, really want to walk into Verison Store and upgrade to the Storm 2. I have played with it and it meets all my needs..BUT, gosh..all of these posts regarding the "locking" screen buttons..not being able to answer or end a call, the random re-starts when the device is gently dropped an inch, etc, etc....I know typically only people with problems post, but my gosh...it really scares one away from making that buy decision? Can someone help me feel more confident that RIM does not have another Storm 1 on their hands? Thanks
    11-17-09 12:47 PM
    I can't.

I went throught three Storm 2's before I just gave up. They have a serious problem with defective phones.

Maybe this will improve in the coming months, but who knows.
    11-17-09 12:51 PM
    you have to remember that most people use forums to help them with issues. very few times does someone post about all the great things their device is doing. this applies to all devices not just blackberries. chances are you will get a great device. i did. i have zero problems with me S1 and now zero problems with my S2.
    11-17-09 12:52 PM
    Hi..I really, really want to walk into Verison Store and upgrade to the Storm 2. I have played with it and it meets all my needs..BUT, gosh..all of these posts regarding the "locking" screen buttons..not being able to answer or end a call, the random re-starts when the device is gently dropped an inch, etc, etc....I know typically only people with problems post, but my gosh...it really scares one away from making that buy decision? Can someone help me feel more confident that RIM does not have another Storm 1 on their hands? Thanks
    First don't listen to anything that GoHokies91 says, he's just a n00b starting trouble everywhere. Second keep in mind that you have 30 days to try out your Storm. Beyond that you have a 1 year warranty. I've had no problem with my lock button what so ever.
    11-17-09 12:56 PM
    First don't listen to anything that GoHokies91 says, he's just a n00b starting trouble everywhere. Second keep in mind that you have 30 days to try out your Storm. Beyond that you have a 1 year warranty. I've had no problem with my lock button what so ever.
    Why do I get a strange feeling that you probably play World of Warcraft?
    11-17-09 01:01 PM
    I have not experienced any problems with the keys locking. However my s2 reboots all the time. I can never make it reboot in front of a service rep but it always seems to happen at the worst times. I love all of the other features on the phone though. Its really a shame. I am not getting a droid though. You can't beat the email service in a blackberry. I would wait till they fix this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 01:01 PM
    did you maybe see his screen name while you were playing last night?

give it a rest man.
    11-17-09 01:03 PM
    did you maybe see his screen name while you were playing last night?

give it a rest man.
    Don't play the game myself.
    11-17-09 01:06 PM
    My phone hasn't rebooted once on it's own. Fingers crossed. I have had the sticky send key issue. This my second phone and it is flawless except for once in a while the send key being hard to press. I love the typing experience on this phone better than any other touch screen that I have tried. Also, the screen is gorgeous. overall, I think this phone is a winner, but RIM needs to address the sticky key issue. If I were you, I would wait a month or so for this be resolved. Overall, the phone is an excellent device and verizon coverage is awesome.

Things I didn't like about Droid:

1) screen is hard to see in direct light. Storm is easier to read in light.
    2) Droid is not a world phone
    3) I think the slider will be vunerable to breaking over time.
    4) I didn't like the form factor of the Droid. The thing is HUGE.

One thing I worry about with the storm is that the screen will loosen up over time and use. Probably not, but I wonder since it is a moving piece.
    11-17-09 01:52 PM
    I agree with bb-bandit. My phone has never rebooted on its own, however this sticking key issue needs to be addressed. I'm hoping its just a software issue that can be solved with an eventual update. Other than that, I like this phone so far.
    11-17-09 05:50 PM
    I agree with bb-bandit. My phone has never rebooted on its own, however this sticking key issue needs to be addressed. I'm hoping its just a software issue that can be solved with an eventual update. Other than that, I like this phone so far.
    Software problem means everyone would be having the issue, i.e. camera focus on the Droid. That isn't the case here. It's poor quality from RIM and their manufacturers.
    11-17-09 05:53 PM

Made me laugh in my chair haha
    11-17-09 06:22 PM
    Software problem means everyone would be having the issue, i.e. camera focus on the Droid. That isn't the case here. It's poor quality from RIM and their manufacturers.
    Could be, but it doesn't seem to be the case on mine. I think we've all seen how software can be buggy from one unit to another. I guess I'll wait a while to see if RIM addresses it, otherwise I'll trade it for a different one.
    11-17-09 06:45 PM
    That isn't the case here. It's poor quality from RIM and their manufacturers.

11-17-09 06:55 PM
    I upgraded from the Storm 1 9530 to the Storm 2 9550 the day it came out. I have not experienced a single one of these issues. I love it! Its great. What are you waiting for?

11-17-09 07:00 PM
    I can't.

I went throught three Storm 2's before I just gave up. They have a serious problem with defective phones.

Maybe this will improve in the coming months, but who knows.
    Hmmm ... yet you never posted in the Storm forum .... only the Droid. Should I get some quotes from past threads of yours? You never owned a Storm!
    11-17-09 07:17 PM
    Ok first of all, keep in mind that a lot of people on here are proud BB owners. Too proud to admit defeat (I'm not saying that's the case in this post). So it can be difficult to get an unbiased answer. With that being said, while I love my BB, I don't love it so much that I overlook its flaws. I'm on my third Storm2 and I love it. I experienced all the problems you listed before I got this one. If you decide to go ahead and get one and it's not perfect, then get another one. Just exchange it until you find your "perfect storm". RIM does indeed have a problem somewhere, but the good news is that a majority of them are ok. Now, is it worth upgrading from the Storm1? In my opinion, yes. The click screen is so much better. I didn't realize how much better it was until I played around with my old Storm1 the other day. It's amazing how much faster I type on this one. So don't be afraid to take the plunge. Like a previous post said, you have 30 days. Just try it out. I hope this helps.
    11-17-09 07:20 PM
    Hmmm ... yet you never posted in the Storm forum .... only the Droid. Should I get some quotes from past threads of yours? You never owned a Storm!
    Be my guest. It's isn't like you'll be proving anything.
    11-17-09 07:22 PM
    Be my guest. It's isn't like you'll be proving anything.
    Your first post was on 11/10/2009 in the ANDROID forum. If you were having all of these so called problems with the S2 then why didn't you post about them in the S2 forum?

Last edited by cain0013; 11-17-09 at 08:37 PM.
    11-17-09 07:36 PM
    I had one (1) Storm 1 since it came out, and have now upgraded to Storm 2. Frankly, I think the improvements are incredible.

I do believe that in a forum such as this the rare folks with issues will be more vocal than the many who are very happy with their device, because people come here specifically get assistance when they have problems.

It seems the "stiff" function buttons are the most common issue (I haven't experienced it), but as most have pointed out, you can get a replacement unit if you do experience these issues.

What do you have now that you are considering upgrading from? If it's a Storm 1, I say go for it...but why not shop around a bit as well?
    11-17-09 07:51 PM
    Your first post was on 11/10/2009 in the ANDROID forum. If you were having all of these so called problems with the S2 then why didn't you post about them in the S2 forum?

Maybe because I had the S2 before 11/10/09.
    11-17-09 09:20 PM
    Wow. Really? Is that your answer. I think that "maybe" you are full of sh1t.

11-17-09 09:33 PM
    I honestly think the os is has to many bugs I think the issue with the buttons not working is os related and the reboots are os related

11-17-09 09:39 PM
    my s1 was great until i uploaded 5.o and then it went glitchy so i upgraded to the s2 and i love it ...no sticky key issue here ....great keyboard too very responsive....my one problem if it can be called that is I cant stop touching it.....lol
    11-17-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD