I'm experiencing alot of dropped calls with the new bold 9700. I never experienced such problems with the original Bold, anybody else having this problem?
    11-17-09 10:19 AM
    Its the network, try running it in 2G only. Known issue, they're working on it but they have not ETA on when it will be resolved.
    11-17-09 10:37 AM
    I presume you're having the same problem? Difference is that I never had the problem with oruiginal Bold.
    11-17-09 10:49 AM
    I get that in certain areas as well. I also find that I am not getting any data connection (i.e. internet browsing) even though the 3G signal bar is full. I had to turn the radio off and on again to get a connection.
    11-17-09 10:57 AM
    I presume you're having the same problem? Difference is that I never had the problem with oruiginal Bold.
    I had the issue with both devices. The bell network is interfering with Rogers', do this go to your Manage Connections >> Mobile Network Options >> Network Selection Mode: Manual and if you see a 302-XXX 3G number, that's the signal that's causing the dropped calls, so I've switched mine to 2G only.
    11-17-09 11:19 AM
    Thanks! btw, u happy with your new phone?
    11-17-09 11:23 AM
    Thanks! btw, u happy with your new phone?
    Love it....
    Last edited by 4mynikka; 11-17-09 at 03:13 PM.
    11-17-09 11:31 AM
    Love it....
    Omg dropping calls like crazy. Wtf is going on. Anyone else? Is it the phone. I had cliq for a week and worked fine. Tmo is about to lose customer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 07:48 PM
    Omg dropping calls like crazy. Wtf is going on. Anyone else? Is it the phone. I had cliq for a week and worked fine. Tmo is about to lose customer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're phone is dropping calls, so you're going to drop your carrier? If you have the money to waste, go ahead and drop them. But when your next provider drops more calls than you're experiencing now, are going to jump ship to yet another provider? Call CS first before you make a bad decision.
    11-17-09 08:02 PM
    I had same issue, contacted tech support, they advised me to pull battery!

worked like a charm
    11-17-09 09:42 PM
    I had same issue, contacted tech support, they advised me to pull battery!

worked like a charm
    good to hear. i will give it try and test it tomorrow on way to work again. thx
    11-17-09 09:57 PM
    I have the same problem with my Rogers 9700, and it's due to the 3G network, try switching to EDGE and you'll notice no more dropped calls. Hopefully Rogers can fix their 3G network soon.
    11-18-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD