How Moto/VZW/Google just pushed out a fix for the camera issues on the Droid. I would like to see RIM do the same thing for our homescreen icon updating issue. I dont see why we have to wait for a leak/official release to fix such a small, yet annoying problem.
    11-17-09 09:37 AM
    How Moto/VZW/Google just pushed out a fix for the camera issues on the Droid. I would like to see RIM do the same thing for our homescreen icon updating issue. I dont see why we have to wait for a leak/official release to fix such a small, yet annoying problem.
    Also, a fix for the hard send button issue. Not sure why RIM is struggling to address these issues.
    11-17-09 09:39 AM
    They have...it worked fine on my Storm1 after upgrading to 5.0.0.328...of course I enjoyed it for a day before getting the Storm2.

Wonder what the hold up is...I think its the carriers.
    11-17-09 09:41 AM
    Could it be that the Droid is the only phone right now running on 2.0?? Im not a super tech savvy person but the fact that its the only phone on a new os leaves me to believe that they can concentrate all there time on that one item versus the amount of phones on 5.0. correct me if I am wrong.
    11-17-09 09:47 AM
    RIMs biggest problem is that they have too many OS's on different phones. If they just had one OS's for all phones it would be efficient and faster to update or correct any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 10:09 AM
    I would have to partially agree with the OP, we shouldn't have to wait for a huge update just to address a few small issues. I understand the comment about the scale of product however ... I feel although a paid a 2 year plan price for this phone, the retail is fact very expensive so I would feel support should support that. Apple does that for the iphone and ipod touch and although the phones are similar the hardware does vary slightly and when their updates came out there was almost a follow up update shortly after for bugs that might have exposed over large customer that wasn't found during beta. I understand OP concerns.

11-17-09 10:09 AM
    Fix the dimming bug when it goes to landscape mode!!!
    11-17-09 10:21 AM
    lol, Moto/Google didn't push out an update for the Droid to fix the camera. It did it on its own, because of ANOTHER bug, relating to the date. Apparently, the autofocus cycles based on date, so if you roll the Droid's date back to November 11th, the autofocus will go back to red corners. The cycle lasts 24.5 days, so come December 11th, it will start red cornering again.
    11-17-09 04:14 PM
    Rim needs to send us an update ASAP.

11-17-09 04:24 PM
    lol, Moto/Google didn't push out an update for the Droid to fix the camera. It did it on its own, because of ANOTHER bug, relating to the date. Apparently, the autofocus cycles based on date, so if you roll the Droid's date back to November 11th, the autofocus will go back to red corners. The cycle lasts 24.5 days, so come December 11th, it will start red cornering again.
    Laughed my *** off.
    11-17-09 04:36 PM
    And Dec 11 OS when the new osupdate comes out

11-17-09 04:52 PM
    Lol. That's pretty bad.

11-17-09 05:15 PM
    RIMs biggest problem is that they have too many OS's on different phones. If they just had one OS's for all phones it would be efficient and faster to update or correct any problems.

I had to log in just to quote this. This is the damn truth, way too many OS's out in the wild. Not only one per phone but then another version for the carrier, another version for country and so on...

I wonder when they will finally draw a line and start fresh.
    11-17-09 05:48 PM
    First off, it was one bug which caused the autofocus issue. And get this: Google actually acknowledged it and addressed it, giving a very clear explanation on why it happened. They will also have a fix for it before the issue starts again.

Jeez, a company who acknowledges issues and gives solid time frames on when you can expect a fix? What is this world coming to.
    11-17-09 06:23 PM
    I had to log in just to quote this. This is the damn truth, way too many OS's out in the wild. Not only one per phone but then another version for the carrier, another version for country and so on...

I wonder when they will finally draw a line and start fresh.
    I thought RIM planned to have all of their phones run on 5.0
    11-17-09 06:24 PM
    I thought RIM planned to have all of their phones run on 5.0
    That's what's in the rumor mill and I sure hope that its true. This would make it easier for RIM to concentrate on 1 OS and able to resolve issues quicker- it would also allow them to improve the OS.

11-17-09 06:55 PM
    Too funny! There WAS no update--just a date bug intertwined with the camera issue. MORAL: don't believe every "news" item you see in the blogosphere.
    11-17-09 07:40 PM
    It was a problem caused by an additional problem... Now that's stability...

The Droid is obviously a "chick phone". It has a mysterious issue that reoccurs every four weeks... LOL ROFL
    11-17-09 07:55 PM
    It was a problem caused by an additional problem... Now that's stability...

The Droid is obviously a "chick phone". It has a mysterious issue that reoccurs every four weeks... LOL ROFL
    Bwaaahahahaha.

11-17-09 07:58 PM
    Doh! Maybe next time wait for rumor conformation

Now lets hope they have get that update out on the 11th.
    11-17-09 09:33 PM
    And just for all the doubters and haters that seem to be in this thread. RIM did send a fix for both wifi and bb maps isues behind the scenes and both of those things were addressed within days of the storm2 being released and fixed. They also acknowledged both issues and worked around the clock with verizon to get both issues resolved
    11-17-09 10:33 PM
    And just for all the doubters and haters that seem to be in this thread. RIM did send a fix for both wifi and bb maps isues behind the scenes and both of those things were addressed within days of the storm2 being released and fixed. They also acknowledged both issues and worked around the clock with verizon to get both issues resolved
    RIM pushed OS fixes to Storm2 users without their knowledge or consent, and no one said a thing about it? Or did I miss it? IDK if you check Android forums at all but there was a fair amount of outrage about the idea of content being pushed to their phones without consent this morning.

It is nice to see RIM is being responsive to short comings in their OS. I wish they could fix the Storm1 and get it to run right.
    11-17-09 10:42 PM
    I understand about all the different O/S, but The Storm really deserves its own O/S. This marvelous phone has all of this potential and just isn't being utilized. We have a BIG screen, so why isn't there a fancy Contact list with pictures included, or at the very least large pictures for the phone caller ID? This is just one example where the phone suffers because it shares an O/S with smaller screened phones. RIM should have fixed the Calendar icon to change days, yes, like the iPhone; why not; such a little change, yet we have to pay extra for it?
    11-17-09 10:54 PM
    Any word on when I can get the 5.0 OS for my 8703e?
    11-17-09 11:03 PM
    I understand about all the different O/S, but The Storm really deserves its own O/S. This marvelous phone has all of this potential and just isn't being utilized. We have a BIG screen, so why isn't there a fancy Contact list with pictures included, or at the very least large pictures for the phone caller ID? This is just one example where the phone suffers because it shares an O/S with smaller screened phones. RIM should have fixed the Calendar icon to change days, yes, like the iPhone; why not; such a little change, yet we have to pay extra for it?
    This would definitely work better, I agree.
    11-17-09 11:05 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD