I was watching tv and saw the commercial for google map navigation free turn by turn directions. The new android phone will have this in use. My question is when will this cool feature come to blackberry because it is needed.

Side note the 9700 does not impress me I love the size of the 9000 it stood out now the 9700 just blends in with the rest ogf the pack.o
    11-17-09 09:26 AM
    if it does come to blackberry (which i doubt it coming in the near future) it'll probably be a little laggy. But would be cool, i wouldnt use it though
    11-17-09 09:33 AM
    Highly doubt anytime soon. Since its an android feature and selling point I don't think they're in a hurry to release it for BB or other platform. I'd say when the holidays are over and when the hype starts to level out then I'm sure well hear something. Maybe in about 6 months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 11:17 AM
    Google Maps has somewhat of turn by turn directions.......

11-20-09 12:07 AM
    Not to the level of android with 3d maps and spoken directions

11-20-09 12:37 AM
    I can't wait for google Navigation to be out for the blackberry.
    11-21-09 01:03 PM
    i truly belive that this feature among others which will be google exclusive because that feature is going to draw lots of i(hate that)phone, s2, pre customers. Google will not be giving that up anytime soon(in my opinion). Its like rim offering their email services to apple and palm.
    11-21-09 06:04 PM
    I wish they would too. Im using VZ nav which is good but it ten bucks. I saw the google maps on the droid and it was cool. I havent figured out how the release the gps the 8330 yet other than vz. Oh well
    11-21-09 09:19 PM
    I use Amaze which is a descent free turn-by-turn gps. A little difficult to work at first but fine once you get the hang of it.

11-21-09 09:33 PM
    Google navigation is making it's way to the iPhone as well. It will have it's differences, but basically be the same. No word on Blackberry yet.

Story
    11-22-09 07:55 AM
    i'm jealous of Google Navigation. i want it! i'm using VZ Navigator now and it's really good. Just would like free and little quicker with the direction updates.

i may try Garmin...but i heard that was slower than VZ Nav.

11-22-09 08:03 AM
    I like more 9000 that bb 9700
    11-23-09 12:02 PM
    Well here's hoping they show some BB lovin too
    I basically use Google Maps in a pinch, but turn by turn would certainly be welcome. Might even replace my garmin...
    11-23-09 07:21 PM
    didnt rim recently acquire a navi software company?
    11-24-09 01:05 AM
    The rumor of the quiet acquisition of Dash Navigation was back in June:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...RSKH4ATMY32JVN

RIM quietly acquires Dash Navigation? � Boy Genius Report

This is the hardware device they made that no one seemed to buy (note: image is from BGR and includes them mcoking it up to show RIM on the hardware unit):

Perhaps we may see a native turn-by-turn nav app on the BB sometime soon......
    11-24-09 09:09 AM
    the main reason imo for the flop of the dash unit was people are clearly fed up of paying monthly subsciptions.

second enough people had to own a dash for its trafic report sharing system to work accurately.

if something like that was available natively on BB. with the amount of users and the fact that everyone already pays for data also gets rid of that problem.

lets wait and see. i got a lot of faith in RIM
    11-24-09 09:36 AM
    Is there a decent 3rd party app that will "fill the gap" until google/RIM makes turn by turn nav for berrys?
    11-24-09 10:07 AM
    there might be hope yet.
    ChannelWeb | Older Android Phones Get Google Maps Navigation

11-24-09 10:49 AM
    Yes, i'd love it RIM but native audible turn by turn. A lot of people say just use BlackBerry Maps or Google Maps-but that's just not the same as audible. Just like using Google Maps is not as nice as using a Rand McNally road atlas for trips.

i hope with Android having a free audible GPS, RIM will too. Competition is good.

11-24-09 12:17 PM
    I was watching tv and saw the commercial for google map navigation free turn by turn directions. The new android phone will have this in use. My question is when will this cool feature come to blackberry because it is needed.

Side note the 9700 does not impress me I love the size of the 9000 it stood out now the 9700 just blends in with the rest ogf the pack.o
    Currently this service will only be available on Android devices, it first went to the Android 2.0 OS and recently was released to the 1.6 OS
    11-25-09 05:26 PM
    google maps sucks I hope the navigator is better than what they currently have.
    11-25-09 08:37 PM
    Yes, i'd love it RIM but native audible turn by turn. A lot of people say just use BlackBerry Maps or Google Maps-but that's just not the same as audible. Just like using Google Maps is not as nice as using a Rand McNally road atlas for trips.

i hope with Android having a free audible GPS, RIM will too. Competition is good.

I wish they have it for the bb's it would have make it complete package.
    11-29-09 07:54 AM
    GM Nav (my wife has it) is much better than VZ Nav but they both are slow and highly rely on data network. Not very reliable.

GM Nav has many fancy features, in comparison VZ NAV is tasteless.
    12-10-09 08:27 PM
    GM Nav (my wife has it) is much better than VZ Nav but they both are slow and highly rely on data network. Not very reliable.

GM Nav has many fancy features, in comparison VZ NAV is tasteless.
    I figure the money you pay for the service every month it should work fast its working slow and unreliable.
    12-10-09 10:49 PM
    the current google maps for bb is great - i use it over bb maps and sprint nav
    12-10-09 11:40 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD