A few months back they offered a Gmail expansion or add-on that would allow users who have Gmail accounts to add stars and have a more user friendly experience while looking at their emails. The question is.....how do i do that. I have heard many conflicting stories one being that with the OS from 5.0 on do not need the Gmail add-on or enhancement because its already in the OS. Next i heard that you have to configure it through the BIS by logging in. Well i just did that and i saw nothing on there regarding my account. So what is it Crackberry? Can someone help me out because i want to have a cool gmail thing too.

NJB
    11-17-09 09:22 AM
    When I did it I deleted my Gmail account from my phone & then set it up again. If I remember right I was asked if I wanted to download the Gmail plug-in at that time. I installed the plug-in & I was good to go.
    11-17-09 10:27 AM
    do you happen to know where i can get the plug-in now?

NJB
    11-17-09 10:33 AM
    do you happen to know where i can get the plug-in now?

NJB
    Not sure if you can download the plug-in separately or not. If you go to Email Settings & delete your Gmail account & then re-set it up you will get the option to add the plug-in. That's the only way I am aware that you can get it.
    11-17-09 10:55 AM
    You can point your BB browser to www(dot)blackberry(dot)com/gmail and you should be able to dl from there right on your BB.

Good luck.
    11-17-09 11:01 AM
    thanks! I was on the BIS site and deleted it there and reset it up, but never asked for a plus-in. Ill try doing it on my phone then by the site. i'll let you know what happens

NJB
    11-17-09 11:39 AM
    thanks! I was on the BIS site and deleted it there and reset it up, but never asked for a plus-in. Ill try doing it on my phone then by the site. i'll let you know what happens

NJB
    I thought I would see what the deal was with the plug-in also. I just did what you did and deleted my gmail account on the BIS site. The only new option I have in my phone from the email icon>options>enhanced gmail plug in options>lines in conversation (choose 1-4). I have no idea what that does for me yet.

The problem I have now though is my contacts are all doubled up. I can't figure out how to remedy that short of going in and deleting the doubles. Oh well. Good luck, let us know what you find.
    11-17-09 11:50 AM
    ok so i saw it said gmail but it still doesnt have the stars and all jazzed up options....o well i guess its not ment to be

Thanks guys

NJB
    11-17-09 11:56 AM
    ok so i saw it said gmail but it still doesnt have the stars and all jazzed up options....o well i guess its not ment to be

Thanks guys

NJB
    In your gmail box try BB button>filter. That offered me ability to add messages to different folders in gmail.

I also have the ability to add stars, report spam, etc by using the BB button within the gmail icon.
    11-17-09 12:00 PM
    in order to correct that you need to switch it back to the 2 line mode and reset you phone....still needs to get the bugs worked out i guess

NJB
    11-17-09 12:33 PM
    In your gmail box try BB button>filter. That offered me ability to add messages to different folders in gmail.

I also have the ability to add stars, report spam, etc by using the BB button within the gmail icon.

I have these options as well in my Gmail folder.
    11-17-09 01:48 PM
    I may be the same as others in wondering exactly what the benefit is of having this as opposed to downloading the GMail App. I thought I would save some space, but the App is about the same size as the GMail plug-in. The one benefit I see is that it allows me to add an attachment to the email. Anyone notice anything else beneficial to having the plug-in?
    11-17-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD