I can push all of these. What do I do. I am tired of having to do battery pulls on my storm, and having a lot of 3 party apps/themes not work right. Is the email or internet any faster on the upgrades?
    Last edited by n813ca; 11-17-09 at 12:17 AM. Reason: forgot some words
    11-17-09 12:16 AM
    Go to VZW and just play around with a Droid. I think you'll be surprised. If your main thing is reliable email with a few different accounts, hang-on to the BB. However, if you use gmail, then the Droid experience is great.
    11-17-09 12:22 AM
    im not sure what you mean by push?

themes are an obvious problem since the software was just released to for OS 5. Both the storm 1 and 2 will suffer from this problem unless the themes are fixed by the theme maker.

Most all apps should work just fine now. Which ones are giving you issues?

As for the email, that would be the same for storm 1 or 2 since its not device specific really either. my email is instant most times so its not like it can get faster.
    11-17-09 12:24 AM
    It depends on what you use your phone for. If you use for business or work I would keep your storm one. I played with the droid but I'm not a fan. Its not what I want in a phone. I would suggest going to a Verizon store and play with both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 01:06 AM
    Def go to the VZW Store and play around. I'm completely disappointed with RIM but that's not to say it doesn't have it's advantages.
    I can't pretend that even though I don't like BB's direction anymore it doesn't still have it's advantages. The few things the BB does it does VERY WELL. E-mail and security are top notch. For a business heavy user who doesn't want the flash of an OS or some of the 'toys' of a smartphone will be more than pleased with a BB. Also I'd say anyone who's a BB user who just happens to like the BB OS and hardware will stay with their BB. Simple as that.
    However having used the Droid, even though the form factor of the device isn't exactly my taste (not big on hard keyboard or sliders), the Android OS for what I want in a smartphone is too good to pass up. I don't use my phone for business intensive or any time sensitive material. I'm more of what you would consider a 'consumer' user. Therefor I want my development, better web browsing, navigation, basically all the toys and goodies a smart phone can be and do. So for me my Droid's in the mail and I'm expecting it to be a great relationship with my phone. It won't be the same for everyone.

Go play with the phones.... think about what you want your device to do best and what you can settle for mere functionality. Both devices have drawbacks and both have advantages. Comes down to whatever you like. Just don't be a fanboi. LOL
    11-17-09 01:16 AM
    Martin pretty much summed it up.

11-17-09 01:42 AM
    I like the droid os but the keyboard slide is awful and the s2 is an s1 with memory and wifi so I'm waitin to see what's next

11-17-09 07:47 AM
    I like the droid os but the keyboard slide is awful and the s2 is an s1 with memory and wifi so I'm waitin to see what's next

HTC dragon/passion

11-17-09 08:00 AM
    Besides the Moto Droid, there is an HTC google (android 1.5) phone also, and a couple more in the pipeline. The Storm2 IS a good option also, especially if you want to stay with the BB family, OR the upcoming Tour2 (code name Essex), which will have a regular keyboard and bring wifi and the new trackpad to the Tour line. Lots of good options for you (oooo I'm totally forgetting the 8530 too) Best bet is to go in to the store and play with the phones.
    11-17-09 08:12 AM
    The only reason I would select the Droid over the BB Storm is the support of Flash.
    11-17-09 09:39 AM
    Since my usage has changed on my BB I'm thinking about swapping to a Storm2 in February when my new every 2 is up with Verizon. I think with my discounts etc, I think I'll be able to get one for about $99-179 when it comes up.

The reason my usage has changed is I find myself setting on the couch now looking at various forums, twitter, watching youtube etc, it's just that much more convenient to have on me than my laptop! So I'm thinking the WiFi has got to be one of the best advantages of the new phone! Added memory helps as well but not something I really need right now as much as faster internet on the phone.

As far as the Droid goes I had a friend swap from his BB to a Droid and he says he loves it. But that's one of those things where you need to use the phone and see if it fits your lifestyle and wants yourself. For one I hate the slide out keyboard I would prefer it to be on screen myself. It does seem faster on the internet browsing but I think WiFi will 100% cure that on the BB when you are at home etc. As far as email and business function it can be argued which is better, but in my honest opinion nothing beats a BB when it comes to those things. Like Martin has said the things BB does well it does VERY WELL.

Good luck deciding, we have some of the best phones in history on the market right now, it only gets better from here! (Who misses their Star-tacs now haha)
    11-17-09 10:12 AM
    The only reason I would select the Droid over the BB Storm is the support of Flash.
    I don't think it supports flash yet...thought I read sometime in 2010.
    11-17-09 10:17 AM
    I don't think it supports flash yet...thought I read sometime in 2010.
    Really I had read that Android 2 supports flash. Even on the HTC hero it supports it.
    11-17-09 10:35 AM
    How would we go about getting our storm "swapped" ? Or do you mean they used their upgrade

11-17-09 11:06 AM
    I was watching some youtube videos comparing the droid and the storm2. As far as web the droid is FAR better both on the Verizon network and. On wofi. I like the new OS for the storm1 but the phone still has it ticks. From what I've. Heard on the storm2 forum they have their share of problems still. And the browser still sucks. I primarlly use the browser and thts about it. I don't use bbm and I'm not a buisness person. I have had the storm since it can out and although it been alright I still have to do my battery pulls every so offten. I also bought the tour and it was good but the after having the big screen of the storm I switched back. Again the browser on the tour sucked. according to th you tube. IDs the droid blows the storm away. Go and type in Motorola droid and you'll see what I mean. I a. Going to try to try to push for the droid but I don't know what they will do for me since I just renewed about 2 months ago.

11-17-09 11:20 AM
    If you just renewed two months ago you can still "push" for an upgrade to a Droid. But you'll be paying full price for the phone if you want it, being that early in the contract.

As far as Storm2 having its share of issues, it's the same issues the Storm has, S2 only added more memory and WiFi other than that essentially it's the same phone, same operating system, and when you are talking about "ticks" and all that.

I know it's all down to personal taste but I don't like the droid. I hate those slid out keyboards, I would rather have it on screen, that's kinda the point of a touchscreen is to have everything with less space? Every phone I have every had with a slide out keyboard has some issue. Like either the keyboard quits working, break, or quits sliding smoothly. I think I'll stick to my BB's I haven't had any major issues with it.
    11-18-09 12:32 PM
    I just switched from a S1 to an S2 and I'm loving the Storm2!

WiFi, better touchscreen, 2x app memory (and less leak from what I can tell so far)...this phone is night-and-day different from the 1st Storm model.
    11-18-09 01:13 PM
    You don't have to use the slide out key board it has a on screen keyboard in portrait and landscape mode. I know what u mean about the s2 being basically the same as the s1 just some adjustments but still has issues. I think VZW shouldn't release a phone unless it perfect. I know it will always have issues but they didn't learn from the s1 if would have I think the s2 should be flaw free. Don't get me wrong I like my storm to a certain point but now that they have a phone that meets my needs better I will take it. I mostly use the browser and let's face. It BB browser sucks. Just to get into the crackberry mobile site I have to google it and go from their it won't let me get to it from the address bar it will tell me gateacess denied or something to that effect. That's bull crap if you ask me. And its not just this site it happens on acouple of mobile sites that I try to get on to.

Last edited by pursuit2550; 11-18-09 at 01:38 PM.
    11-18-09 01:33 PM

Then dont use or slid out the keyboard duffus
    11-18-09 06:56 PM
    for one i hate the slide out keyboard i would prefer it to be on screen myself.
    gees you all, let me clarify this. There is a onboard virtual keyboard on the droid as well as a pull out keyboard. Take your choice:d
    11-18-09 06:59 PM
    I played with the storm 2 at the store today, quicker than the first storm, but still...nothing impressive. It's still a glitchy phone, I have so many stupid little problems with my storm it's not even funny. I also got to play with the droid, GREAT phone amazing actually. Everything was so quick, responsive, it looks cheap though for some reason idk how to explain it, but it's a little kiddy. The storm has a professional and grown up look to it. I also hate the physical keyboard on the droid, too flat, also the touch buttons below it it's confusing. I feel like the storm has better controls and more clear. The blackberry button is great for everything.

I might be switching to the iphone myself in january once my contract is up.

But if it helps you make a decision, I was looking at that droid and it was tempting me...BAD! If it wasn't for verizon's crappy customer service, and that physical keyboard with that huge button on the right, the Droid would have been my choice.
    11-18-09 07:16 PM
    I just switched from a S1 to an S2 and I'm loving the Storm2!

WiFi, better touchscreen, 2x app memory (and less leak from what I can tell so far)...this phone is night-and-day different from the 1st Storm model.
    is it just me or did the clicking screen feel weird? I tried it and for some reason I didnt really like it. Other than that it was quick, but from my experiences with the first storm I wouldn't get a second one.
    11-18-09 07:19 PM
    I played with the storm 2 at the store today, quicker than the first storm, but still...nothing impressive. It's still a glitchy phone, I have so many stupid little problems with my storm it's not even funny. I also got to play with the droid, GREAT phone amazing actually. Everything was so quick, responsive, it looks cheap though for some reason idk how to explain it, but it's a little kiddy. The storm has a professional and grown up look to it. I also hate the physical keyboard on the droid, too flat, also the touch buttons below it it's confusing. I feel like the storm has better controls and more clear. The blackberry button is great for everything.

I might be switching to the iphone myself in january once my contract is up.

But if it helps you make a decision, I was looking at that droid and it was tempting me...BAD! If it wasn't for verizon's crappy customer service, and that physical keyboard with that huge button on the right, the Droid would have been my choice.
    once again dont use the keyboard if u dont like it, use the on screen keyboaard
    11-19-09 07:20 PM
    is it just me or did the clicking screen feel weird? I tried it and for some reason I didnt really like it. Other than that it was quick, but from my experiences with the first storm I wouldn't get a second one.
    Different screen mechanism. For me, the Storm 2 is working great. Of course I never had problems with my Storm 1, neither did the wife. For all those that think that the S2 is no different then S1, well, I beg to differ.
    As far as the Droid, I hate the keyboard, useless. Didn't feel good with the offset keys. Personal opinion is that style does matter and the Droid does not have any style. There are other Android phones you may want to wait for that will be coming out to check on that may be right up your alley.
    11-19-09 08:05 PM
    once again dont use the keyboard if u dont like it, use the on screen keyboaard
    WOW, you still on the boards? LOL ..... your word is your bond (and in your case, it must not mean much!).
    11-19-09 08:07 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD