I just got 9700 today and I have not been able to activate and run google maps. Has anyone had luck?

Also it's been a while since I've downloaded apps. What is the best gps free software outthere?
    11-16-09 10:36 PM
    Mine worked earlier. I was just messing with it trying to get it to work. So you're not the only one.
    11-16-09 11:00 PM
    Google maps works on mine. There is a BIS outtage today (apparently, I have not appeared to be affected yet).
    11-16-09 11:27 PM
    Didn't work the first time I opened it. Had to close out and re-open.

Working fine now
    11-16-09 11:29 PM
    It didn't work at first for me. It hung up at the very first loading screen. I reset the device and it worked fine after that. Now I'm having problems loading up the maps, but it's probably because of the BIS outage.
    11-16-09 11:31 PM
    GPS is not working for me on my 9700. It just keep bouncing around. Anyone else seeing this?
    11-19-09 03:27 PM
    Mine works but then it will say GPS Halted. Then it cant find my location. Other times its ok. Ugh
    11-19-09 03:33 PM
    I am a BB newbie, so please have patience with me. I just got my 9700 from AT&T & downloaded Google Maps. However, it is not giving me my position within 10 meters, 20 meters etc, like I am used to on my WM devices. I am also not seeing any kind of "acquiring satellites" or the number of satellites acquired.

Do I have to enable something in my device for this to work?

Thanks much.
    11-19-09 05:38 PM
    ^^^ menu>mylocation should do it

i was having issues, but i did a batt pull and it works fine.
    11-19-09 06:06 PM
    im having trouble with google maps also, when i do my location it comes up with the town i used to live in 170 miles away.

Im hoping this and the google sync issues are cause of the BIS outage.
    11-19-09 06:09 PM
    My Google maps is now giving me my location at 1300 meters. While not completely unacceptable, yesterday was within 3 meters of my house.
    11-19-09 08:24 PM
    Now, mine says GPS temporarily unavailable.
    11-20-09 03:21 PM
    mine still isnt working and i went into the gps settings and everything is enabled but still no workie, ill try again outside later on as some have said it doesnt like to work indoors, but i would think that it should **** my G1 worked indoors just fine, but maybe it had a stronger GPS radio or something. Its not something i use all the time, so its not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have it working.
    11-20-09 03:27 PM
    Same here. I had called the store & they told me that Google will be issuing an update, I hope he is right. I am too spoilt by the GPS on my unbranded WM device. Other than that, I really like the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:06 PM
    My GPS works with even better accuracy than my Treo. Now AT&T had to send an OTA because I wasn't being able to open .jpg attachments on my E-Mail, I don't know if that update did somethong was it a Google problem.

Whatever the case I am very happy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD