The other day I was synching my bb to my Groupwise when a message came up about 5.0, I went ahead and updated.

I did have an issue updating, but after running down to the Nextel store, and them reviving my BB, they had it up and running on 5.x. Am I nuts here? I am sure it was upgraded.

Then, due to an ongoing problem with my VM, they replaced my BB thru the mail. Got it, activated, restored, etc...

This new BB is on 4.6.xxx, and the desktop software and the Blackberry/Nextel software page says 4.6 is the latest. Again, I swear it was at 5.x, especially because it had updated messenger as well.

Any insight to this or am I losing it?
    11-16-09 10:14 PM
    Not aware of 8350i working with 5.0
    11-16-09 10:59 PM
    not even aware of a leaked 5.0 for 8350i. i am ansy to see it get at least leaked, if the pearl flip got it already, why cant we?!
    11-16-09 11:55 PM
    The other day I was synching my bb to my Groupwise when a message came up about 5.0, I went ahead and updated.

I did have an issue updating, but after running down to the Nextel store, and them reviving my BB, they had it up and running on 5.x. Am I nuts here? I am sure it was upgraded.

Then, due to an ongoing problem with my VM, they replaced my BB thru the mail. Got it, activated, restored, etc...

This new BB is on 4.6.xxx, and the desktop software and the Blackberry/Nextel software page says 4.6 is the latest. Again, I swear it was at 5.x, especially because it had updated messenger as well.

Any insight to this or am I losing it?
    Only thing i can think of is 5.0 desktop software you downloaded it always promts me to upgrade to 5.0 desktop software everytime i connect my 8350i
    11-17-09 10:54 AM
    i agree wckd, DM came out with 5.0 then 5.0.1 in quick succession. I think this is what happened. Not the OS
    11-17-09 11:50 AM
    yea desktop manager 5.0
    01-02-10 11:08 AM
    OK. According to many articles, we find that the BB 8350i, the BB Pearl Flip 8200 series among other devices qualify for the OS 5. Now, we shouldn't get this OS upgrade!! we MUST get this upgrade for our BB 8350i!!!!! It is not fair that only BB Pearl Flip 8200 series get this update... It would be nice if we, BB 8350i owners, consolidate and write letters to RIM, BlackBerry whatever to make this possible or if they're already working on this, just to accelerate them so they can release this OS 5 update soon... I just want to get threaded SMS chats, thats all!!!!!! =)
    03-20-10 04:45 PM
    Sounds good to me! LoL
    03-20-10 05:35 PM
    Just another BS 5.0 thread. No, you didn't get a 5.0 upgrade to your BB. Possbily the DM, but definitely not the BB.

If there had been a 5.0, someone here would have found it, posted links to it and we would all be running it right now.
    03-21-10 12:51 AM
    has anyone thought about since the 8350 does not do SMS text (so that means no threaded text for the 8350 with the 5.0 update), that RIM may be trying to work on a threaded MMS text?????

now i do NOT have any inside info here, but that could be why we dont have a 5.0 OS yet. but that is my thought for the day...........
    03-22-10 06:25 AM
    I've been searching and researching threaded mms for this phone since I got it. I came across a post on a forum that said the way RIM handles mms makes it impossible (God I hope that is not true). Never thought I'd miss the otherwise forgetable i465.
    03-22-10 07:42 AM
    then i would not expect threaded text here in the united states for the BB (since Nextel NA handles only MMS text) ...or maybe thats why its taking RIM so long for a 5.0 release, they might be trying to change the way it is handled.
    03-22-10 10:04 AM
    Does anyone actually think we will see 5.0 for the 8350i? We are the forgotten stepchildren on RIM/NEXTEL.
    03-22-10 04:27 PM
    I thought RIM was done with all the 5.0 OS', and now its up to the carrier to release it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 04:38 PM
    There is supposedly 489 beta out there in addition to the 413. But if so I really wonder how no one has leaked either out to the rest of us... Come on someone at least take a pic lol.

Verizon is getting PTT on the BBerry so it is time for Nextel to step up before they lose at least the 3 phones I pay for.
    03-22-10 04:44 PM
    We all want 5.0, it will come when it is good and tested.

Verizon's first 5.0 release for the 9530 was terrible, oh wait... Thats their ONLY release... I've been using another carriers release on my work 9530... And they are just now going to be releasing the 9630 update to 5.0 next week.

I expect us to be nothing but last to 5.0, we will end up getting it with the long life-cycle of an iDEN BlackBerry device though. Heck if 5.1 is far enough in the works and our platform supports it, I wouldn't be surprised if we get it before others and miss 5.0 altogether. That was a sarcastic comment, but holds a little truth.

We also have extra features specific to the iDEN network that need to be implemented and tested that other device don't.

With the i1 coming to NEXTEL I have no fear of the 8350i being some kind neglected stepchild. We need to move beyond consumer thinking for this device.
    03-22-10 06:17 PM
    Just an idea on the 5.0 and threaded mms....I agree we will be the last to get the update because our phones just run different from the 3G world and it was kind of a miracle that RIM even agreed to make another iDen phone anyway! theproto actually makes a good point that we might skip the 5.0 generation and jump into 5.1 for those of us who stick around... but the mms issue, I was playing with a storm2 running 5.0 and noticed that BBM contacts would thread sms in the BBM app!?! Seemed to me that this would be a great way for RIM to try and handle mms too??? Not sure how it would work seeing as non BB contacts can't exactly BBM but what if there was a way to import your entire address book and then mms would run through there???? Seems feasible but I'm not sure if it's a little too far fetched!
    03-23-10 03:14 PM
    Reading the blogs they been coming out with 5.0 uodates for every other BB so we got to be soon. Mauybe we should all sign uo for rims new beta test site a reccomend they give us and updated OS to test

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 05:59 PM
    Great minds lol. Tried that about a month ago.
    03-24-10 06:39 PM
    Hey Beta Zone is open (limited time/membership)

https://www.blackberry.com/beta/apply
    03-25-10 07:35 PM
    Thanks Mr.Eddie i joined
    03-26-10 07:33 AM
    I joined too!
    03-26-10 03:24 PM
    Me too! Im in!
    03-26-10 05:25 PM
    over on the sprint forums a rep said the release is "planned" for the 2nd quarter of this year.

community.sprint.com/baw/message/158243#158243
    03-28-10 09:28 PM
    FYI.... I put in a call to RIM Corporate and was able to get an answer from the source. RIM stated that the OS is out and it is completely up to Sprint (jerks) to release the OS if they choose to. But I have some good news. RIM has been toying with a new phone for Nextel for next year. I dont know what to think of that yet but I have a comment about people being worried about iDen going away. I know Motorola wouldnt be dumping money in r&d to develop new phones especially how much they put into the new i1 coming out.... If we dont get OS 5 I am going to switch sadly. There are some apps that I want to use that are for OS 5 and they will not work on the 4.6....313 so sad....
    03-29-10 09:34 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD