As many people have commented the ATT premier site shows the 9700 at $750 on one screen and $299 on another for no commitment pricing. Has anyone been successful in calling up business care and getting the no commitment pricing at $299?

Thanks
    11-16-09 10:08 PM
    guys its really simple to order from premier. i called premier (1866-499-8008). They verified my account and told them that i will like to upgrade a line on my account. They asked me which phone i wanted and i said the Blackberry bold 9700. The guy named steven told me it was 300+ at first (i think they say this to everyone at first to see whether you dont know you can get it cheaper (199.99). So thanks to crackberry forum bold 9700, i told a white lie and said that one of my friends got it cheaper than the 300 and that it was 199.99. I was then put on hold and then a minute later shazam! He apologized and said it was actually $200(199.99). i paid with a credit card since they said that the only way i can pay for it and then billed me $18 on the next billing cylcle.

i called back again after i hung up to verify if the order was actually placed and that the right phone was being shipped. The guy i talked to said that it will be here 2-4 business days and that my tracking number will be available in 24hours.

******MOST OF THESE PREMIER CUSTOMER SERVICE DON'T KNOW THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO SHIP THIS PHONE TO NON PREMIER USERS!!!!*********

This will work because my friend just did hers. Just try not to ask for all these discounts because premier doesn't know anything about "loyalty advantage reward discount" or what-so-ever. If you asked them they might go and ask someone is above them which will make them see that the Premier CS is not suppose to place your order.
    (This happened to my friend when she first called and then called back again).
    11-16-09 10:13 PM
    I'm not looking to upgrade. I just want a no commitment price. I doubt they would sell this for 299 with no upgrade.
    11-16-09 10:15 PM
    Mine shows up $749
    Last edited by Interlude; 11-17-09 at 08:02 AM.
    11-17-09 07:58 AM
    Well, I called business care again. I did explain to the rep that I am seeing no-commitment pricing of $299 on the premier website. I could not get the rep to bite on honoring me the $299 no-commitment pricing. Oh well. Anyway, since my 2 yr upgrade order has already been processed, I would have to return my device and place a new order at the no-commitment pricing. What a pain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 08:08 AM
    Update: same call, rep put me on hold and checked with her supervisor. No commitment price for me is $483 and I would get 40% off, so net price is $290, but I would have to return the device and place a new order. There is no way she could make an adjustment on the system to drop the 2 yr agreement and make it no-commitment. What a pain!!!

11-17-09 11:44 AM
    Is $483 the final no commitment price? Has anyone had any luck with calling Premier and getting them to quote a price other than $750?
    11-17-09 11:56 AM
    According to the rep it is. She notated my account, but not sure if I want to go through the hassle of returning the device and re-ordering a new one bit would seem like a simple system adjustment, but apparently not.

Is $483 the final no commitment price? Has anyone had any luck with calling Premier and getting them to quote a price other than $750?
    11-17-09 12:17 PM
    Any clue what she looked at to see the $483? I just called up again and got the same "Your website says $750." They also are just completely unphased when I tell them that I can go buy it at T-Mobile, pay my ETF, and still save about $300. I know T-Mobile's footprint is not as big but never had a problem with their cs before and they were definitely not this arrogant. $750 for a phone. Oh yeah but it does different things than the iPhone she says. lol

Sorry for the rant but this is now the second time in about a month that I've had to deal with AT&T and they've just been very arrogant and rude.
    11-17-09 12:51 PM
    confirmed at 483 for me too. I called 611 and asked. i'm premiere
    11-17-09 12:55 PM
    confirmed at 483 for me too. I called 611 and asked. i'm premiere
    What did you tell them? Did you just ask what the price was? Does your premier page still show 749? I've tried over and over again and they just don't budge.
    11-17-09 01:57 PM
    I am so fargin pissed. For me to be able to do the $483 no-commitment pricing less 40% at this point, I would have to return the phone (it's currently enroute, supposed to receive it tomorrow) and re-order a new one. What BS!!! Why can't they do some magic on their system and make it work without me having to return and re-order? Oh and another thing, before I return the device, I was told that I would have to accept the terms and conditions of the contract. That would probably mess up the SIM in my iPhone and I would be totally screwed.
    11-17-09 03:18 PM
    What did you tell them? Did you just ask what the price was? Does your premier page still show 749? I've tried over and over again and they just don't budge.
    I just asked them what my final price was if i bought the phone at a no-commitment price and that's what they told me on the phone. I didn't ask about anything else in particular. This one might have something to do with your company specifically?
    11-17-09 03:32 PM
    I just called the Premiere line and got the 9700 for $299 + tax + $14.95 overnight shipping with no additional commitment. On my Premiere website, the no commitment price showed as $749.99. When I called the Premiere line, the rep said I was not eligible for an upgrade until March 2010. I asked him what the price of the phone would be then if I could not get a reduced upgrade price, he came back with $299. I said, I would take it. He took my info and credit card number and gave me a order number and said the order is confirmed.
    11-17-09 03:35 PM
    I just called the Premiere line and got the 9700 for $299 + tax + $14.95 overnight shipping with no additional commitment. On my Premiere website, the no commitment price showed as $749.99. When I called the Premiere line, the rep said I was not eligible for an upgrade until March 2010. I asked him what the price of the phone would be then if I could not get a reduced upgrade price, he came back with $299. I said, I would take it. He took my info and credit card number and gave me a order number and said the order is confirmed.
    I've tried 3 times..still nothing below 750 ugh
    11-17-09 03:44 PM
    Same thing that happened to me except they told me $750 at first. I told them that the no commitment price should be $300(i just signed up and got a 3GS to sell 2 months ago). He put me on hold and apologized and said it would be $300. And I also paid the $14 overnight shipping over the $9 regular shipping.
    11-17-09 03:44 PM
    Same thing that happened to me except they told me $750 at first. I told them that the no commitment price should be $300(i just signed up and got a 3GS to sell 2 months ago). He put me on hold and apologized and said it would be $300. And I also paid the $14 overnight shipping over the $9 regular shipping.
    happen to have his direct #? hahaha
    11-17-09 03:50 PM
    When I call they just seem to be looking at the same Premier website I'm looking at and that's it. I wonder where they're getting the $300 number from? Is it some kind of special list that has been distributed to only a few csrs? lol This is just frustrating. I'm willing to even pay more than $300 but so far it's $750 or bust. I'd love to see them ask for $750 in the store. I may just have to head to the store on sunday and see what they want for it.
    11-17-09 04:07 PM
    Hillarious, I'm so happy I found this thread. I too saw the $299.99 error on Premier yesterday. It said $749.99 no commit price but when you click on the phone's decription is says $299.99. I started the process with a live chat agent and told him about the discrepancy. They are able to log in to your Premier and see what you are seeing. I made sure I was on the page where you see the "No commitment pricing - $299" and he was able to see it.

After waiting a while for him to do research, he gave me the premier tech support number (1-866-499-8008 option #4). I called them, told them the same story, and she quoted me another price of $483. I told her I didn't see that anywhere, so she said she would just go ahead and give it to me for $299.99. I told her I wanted overnight shipping, and for my "inconvenience", she would waive the overnight shipping fee! Scheduled to be delivered tonight!
    11-17-09 04:11 PM
    I called business care again and they told me something totally different...$749 no-commitment price less 40%=$449. And the rep said that she didn't see the notes about the $483 no-commitment price less 40%. WT*!!! I am told something different everytime. I am done! Guess I will stick with the $199 2 yr contract price. It would of been nice to pay just $100 more for no-commitment pricing.

11-17-09 04:14 PM
    I just called and they said I could upgrade even at the store - spent an hour driving there and back and guess what... I still have my Bold 9000. The guy at the store was a complete dumb-*** and said that they said it was about new service or something.

So I called back again on the way home and they said I can't upgrade for 10 days but since I'm Premier, I can get a no commitment price of $175 but she had to transfer me and of course my call got dropped. I just called the ATT Primier # directly, we will see if I get anywhere with that... Doubtful I'm assuming.

They gave it to me for $299 no commitment... Should I stick with that or can I get it for $199 no commitment.

-Mike
    Last edited by Rex32; 11-17-09 at 04:53 PM.
    11-17-09 04:43 PM
    I would quit while you are ahead. $299 no-commitment is a great deal. I got it for $199 with a 2 yr agreement, but want to go the no-commitment route. I will give it another shot. I am just hoping that I can get it for $299 no-commitment and I'll just return the other device.

I just called and they said I could upgrade even at the store - spent an hour driving there and back and guess what... I still have my Bold 9000. The guy at the store was a complete dumb-*** and said that they said it was about new service or something.

So I called back again on the way home and they said I can't upgrade for 10 days but since I'm Premier, I can get a no commitment price of $175 but she had to transfer me and of course my call got dropped. I just called the ATT Primier # directly, we will see if I get anywhere with that... Doubtful I'm assuming.

They gave it to me for $299 no commitment... Should I stick with that or can I get it for $199 no commitment.

-Mike
    11-17-09 04:57 PM
    happen to have his direct #? hahaha
    Hahahaa no I don't i'm sorry. I would just keep trying to be honest. I got lucky with a new hire as my csr.

When I call they just seem to be looking at the same Premier website I'm looking at and that's it. I wonder where they're getting the $300 number from? Is it some kind of special list that has been distributed to only a few csrs? lol This is just frustrating. I'm willing to even pay more than $300 but so far it's $750 or bust. I'd love to see them ask for $750 in the store. I may just have to head to the store on sunday and see what they want for it.
    I'm almost positive that they're looking at the Premier site. I just based the $300 number off of what i've read through the forums and it worked. Just keep trying. I got lucky on my first try and he even mentioned me upgrading to a 3GS a couple months back.
    11-17-09 05:06 PM
    i was just told after being on the phone for 55 minutes that the blackberry 9700 is not available yet.
    11-17-09 05:21 PM
    Just got mine for 300 no commitment. First try.

11-17-09 05:22 PM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD