I bought this case when I purchased the Storm 2 New Blackberry Storm2 9550 Shell/Holster case combo! - eBay (item 180432646064 end time Nov-21-09 11:34:16 PST) . The phone fell out of case on 3 seperate occasions. Thank god this phone is built like a brick ****house because it smacked the cement each time and not a thing broke . The phone shimmied out each time due to the lack of a locking mechanism.

So needless to say I was searching for a new case. I wanted a case that offered protection without too much bulk and also had a clip. I ran into the Seidio Platinum series case today at Best Buy, one similar to this but for the 9550 Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry 9000 Mobile Phones - Black - BCC29SB . The case is much more secure than the other case and has all the necessary features. Has the magnet thing inside to put the phone in sleep mode, a snap lock on top, swivel holster, shell, leaves all the buttons/ports open for use and offers some protection against bumps/scratches without adding too much bulk. A bit on the expensive side 39.99 but exactly what i was looking for and well worth it.
    Last edited by rustynutzz; 11-16-09 at 09:13 PM.
    11-16-09 09:10 PM
    I purchased the same case from BB and love it so far. It has all the features that I was looking for. I almost balked at the price but after my phone took a tumble with the case on and not a scratch on it I was glad that I did purchase the case
    11-17-09 01:47 AM
    I always have a case the same day I get a new phone, cause I'm sure to drop it somewhere along my travels, and I've found the Seidio cases to be built extremely well, and they do the job of protecting my investment. I only have the case, and wish I would have bought the clip too, but that'll be for my Storm 2!
    11-17-09 06:59 AM
    I bought the case from Verizon (mentioned above) and haven't had any issues with it. Mine seems to "lock" in place just fine without slipping around.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what Seido comes up with. I had one of their cases for my 8830 and liked the both the style and protection it offered.
    11-17-09 08:38 AM
    ....New Blackberry Storm2 9550 Shell/Holster case combo! - eBay (item 180432646064 end time Nov-21-09 11:34:16 PST)[/url] . The phone fell out of case on 3 seperate occasions. Thank god this phone is built like a brick ****house because it smacked the cement each time and not a thing broke . The phone shimmied out each time due to the lack of a locking mechanism.

funny you mention that.. I was at a club last night talking to another Storm owner and his level of frustration with this holder resulted in it being broken and thrown into the street!!!.... His Storm also fell out.
    11-17-09 09:13 AM
    Been carrying my S1 in this case for awhile now. Very pleased with it.
    11-17-09 09:33 AM
    I had the shell case. It never locked in properly so I returned it.
    11-17-09 10:38 AM
    I have the Verizon case as well. Although the phone has never fallen out of the holster, the holster has come off my belt twice. To be fair, the BB holster has come off my belt a few times too (likely got tangled-up with my seatbelt). Anyway, the combo allows me to use it with or without the holster. The shell goes into and out of my pocket easily and is not difficult to remove when a battery pull is necessary. I'm very happy with it.
    11-17-09 11:30 AM
    I am thinking about buying the Seido case. I checked out the reviews for it in the Crackberry store and most people seemed very pleased with it. My only question is if I can use a silicone/gel skin with this case? I'm concerned about the clip making marks on top of the phone over time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 11:35 AM
    I am thinking about buying the Seido case. I checked out the reviews for it in the Crackberry store and most people seemed very pleased with it. My only question is if I can use a silicone/gel skin with this case? I'm concerned about the clip making marks on top of the phone over time.
    You don't need a gel case or skin with it. I have a full invisible shield on my 9550 and the case wouldn't fit over it. There is a space at the top of the case for the clip to attach to the case without rubbing against the phone. It's very protective, but doesn't interfere with access to the screen. If I get this, the case and leaving the screen protector on it will be perfect.
    11-21-09 05:48 PM
    I have been waiting for Seidio to come out with an Innocase for the S2...had one for my S1...it was perfect! Strong, felt good in my hand...didn't slip...and protected my storm many times when I was a butterfingers and let it fall to the floor...even concrete!

I bought the VZW S2 case, but I really don't care for it. One corner has a rather sharp edge that catches on my hand and clothes...and the holster works as a slip on instead of (as I prefer) a snap and click like the Seidio.
    11-21-09 06:03 PM
    i bought the platinum version from best buy and really like it. oh and bottom of the package says its made my incipio and not seidio but it is pretty much the same case
    11-21-09 06:09 PM
    I have had the Seidio Innocase and holster combo for my first Storm since it was available. It is worth every penny I paid for it in my opinion. It protects the phone very well, is very comfortable in the hand with the rubberized texture, and the holster is very secure and well made. I will get a new one for my Storm 2 as soon as they're available. Seidio products are good stuff!
    11-21-09 06:21 PM
    I bought the case from BB mostly for the secureness of the clip/holster. I am using it with the hard case that i bought with verizon and it seems to fit good but magnet does not make stornm go into sleep mode though. Anybody else have the same issue?
    11-24-09 07:39 PM
    I bought the case from BB mostly for the secureness of the clip/holster. I am using it with the hard case that i bought with verizon and it seems to fit good but magnet does not make stornm go into sleep mode though. Anybody else have the same issue?
    puts mine to sleep no problem
    11-24-09 07:57 PM
    Let me just be sure i am on the right track here you have the storm 2 9550 and you have the Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry 9000 Mobile Phones - Black - BCC29SB for your case and your blackberry will go to sleep when you place it in the holster? do you have a case on your storm as the case that comes in the package is for a different model.
    11-24-09 08:06 PM
    yes i do have the storm 2 and yes i do have the platinum series case on my phone and the holster does put my phone to sleep.
    11-24-09 08:12 PM
    So I am at a loss then here is a picture of my storm in the case and then another one of the storm in case next to holster. Do you have anysuggestions for me in troubleshooting this as their isn't s etting for it to go into sleep mode right?
    11-24-09 08:25 PM
    wait did you buy the bold case for your 9550?
    11-24-09 08:29 PM
    Why of course i did i clicked on the original link in the first post and gave it to the wifey to pick up and did not even look to see that yes it is for the bold. Does Best buy have one specifically for storm do you have link to it? or part number?
    11-24-09 08:35 PM
    yes there is one just for the storm but best buy doesnt have it online yet you have to go to a store to get it. the op put that up as an example. it wont put your phone to sleep because the magnate is in the wrong spot for the storm.
    11-24-09 08:39 PM
    On my way to best buy now...grrr...will let you know outcome...thank you for info...
    11-24-09 08:41 PM
    no problem. good luck
    11-24-09 08:42 PM
    I own Enter your location for my 9550 and had the same style for my 9530. Love the styling and the fact the I dont have to push, flip, twist or click anything to get to my phone.
    11-24-09 08:46 PM
    I own Enter your location for my 9550 and had the same style for my 9530. Love the styling and the fact the I dont have to push, flip, twist or click anything to get to my phone.
    yea i was looking at this case. i might get it later on
    11-24-09 08:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD