Hey,

Total noob here.

Anyways, I pretty much created an account here just to see if you guys could help me with my problem.
    MY Blackberry Storm (Verizon) was working just fine until yesterday, when the Internet started to get shoddy. Most of the time the loading bar just moves until it says something along the lines of "Unable to connect to the internet. Try back later etc."
    I was thinking that the following could have been problems:
    *Low Signal-I live in a rural area, and my signal is only like 3 or 4 bars, but my Internet and Data WAS working until two days ago. It decided to quit.
    *Went over data usage? Isn't the Blackberry plan UNLIMITED data usage?
    *Accidently changed a setting? Im not a total noob, I know my way around devices, and everything looks right.
    *Also, the same problem happened to my Dad's phone on the same day. Same issue.
    ***Now, let it be known that I have already tried many methods to try to fix this problem, such as, like, a gajillion battery pulls, the Resend Host Tables whatever, the changing the connection to off and then back on, calling the *266 number, none of that works. I really don't like having just bought the device and it just konks out a week in...
    My Facebook won't even let me log in! But of course, I have no problem connecting to the My Verizon program to view my bill etc. Please, good people, help me out here. I really am desperate. I am planning on calling Verizon tomorrow to have them sort it out, but as we all know they could care less if we're happy or not...
    Thanks for taking the time to read this-----Any help is appreciated.
    11-16-09 08:30 PM
    I think it's Verizon. The web was working fine all day today. However, the past few hours, any app web related isn't working - browser, UberTwitter, etc.
    11-16-09 08:34 PM
    Everyone is having data issues all over the country. Your phone is probably fine. If you have Opera Mini installed on your Storm it will work, but the BB Browser is not working for me right now. Facebook either.
    11-16-09 08:35 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't install Opera Mini yet...Is it found in the Blackberry App downloader app thing or here on crackberry? Glad to know it's not just my phone...
    11-16-09 08:39 PM
    is has to be verizon, just like you guys mine was workin up until a couple hours ago and i cant load internet facebook app world anything...
    11-16-09 08:51 PM
    I had the same problem. Shootty internet service and the blue line of death. I finally broke down and called the Verizon help desk at *611. Call on a different cell phone so they can trouble shoot. It's all internet related and a blackout. My email is working fine but no IM, internet or web based apps.

He said he would check back later and advise me on the update. **** this has been going on for at least two days for me also.
    11-16-09 08:58 PM
    UPDATE: The pin the vzw tech sent me during our conversation JUST CAME THROUGH 10 MINUTES LATER! HAH!
    11-16-09 09:02 PM
    Its Verizon, data outage nationwide. They're blaming RIM.
    11-16-09 09:36 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't install Opera Mini yet...Is it found in the Blackberry App downloader app thing or here on crackberry? Glad to know it's not just my phone...
    Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world

Download and install via the Application Loader in DM (since the BB browser isn't working at the moment, obviously you can't install it OTA).
    11-16-09 09:46 PM
    Affecting Nova Scotia, Canada. Unless Verizon has service under the name of Rogers then it is not just Verizon.......

Of course I am also using Verizons software on my berry. Hmmmmmm. But I have also read Sprint users affected too.
    11-16-09 09:50 PM
    Yes, according to BGR, this is a "world-wide" thing. Everything is down. Some people are saying that theirs is comming back up here and there, but mine still isn't responsive. WTF?
    11-16-09 10:15 PM
    ive been.having.trouble too...I was getting ready to throw my phone against the wall. on opera now. i hate it but its working...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 10:44 PM
    Its Verizon, data outage nationwide. They're blaming RIM.
    Actually, this one isnt just Verizon. It is a RIM issue hitting all or most carriers.
    11-16-09 10:52 PM
    i've been out the whole day too!!!! - -*
    11-16-09 11:15 PM
    it's RIM. if you notice, your calls, text, mms, still come thru just fine. if it were VZW, then those wouldn't work.

Emails and web go thru RIM based on carrier coverage. Since you're showing 1XEV I'd bet, then that means you're fully connected to VZW/RIM data. The problem is that RIM isn't getting the data thru.
    11-17-09 12:52 AM
    Back in service in Portland Oregon now. And when I said above "its Verizon", thats because, gasp, when I called Verizon Blackberry support, they told me it was Verizon, but that RIM was blocking their services. Guess I got someone on the phone that was talking out their @ss. And I WAS getting emails and weather alerts just fine, it was web browsing that wasn't working for me.
    11-17-09 01:28 AM
    My service has been ****ty recently as well, it started on Sunday and has been in and off since then...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD