I added for all my contatcs his/her birthday thru the contactform in the adressbook/contactlist a couple of months ago.

After I upgraded my Bold tot 5.0 but downgraded 2 weeks ago back to stable 4.6.. My calendar isnt showing any birthday's anymore. He is showing my appointments, but there is no birthday set anymore linked to my contactlist..

I have checked the birthdays i have set in my contactlist, they are still there.

Anyone a solution for this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:56 PM
    I added for all my contatcs his/her birthday thru the contactform in the adressbook/contactlist a couple of months ago.

After I upgraded my Bold tot 5.0 but downgraded 2 weeks ago back to stable 4.6.. My calendar isnt showing any birthday's anymore. He is showing my appointments, but there is no birthday set anymore linked to my contactlist..

I have checked the birthdays i have set in my contactlist, they are still there.

Anyone a solution for this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Every time you add a birthday to the contact, a birthday event will be created. When you wipe out the device, the birthday entries in the calendar are cleared but the contacts with birthday are still there.

Thus you have to delete the birthday and re-add it to the contact to get the birthday showing up in your calendar.

BUT, this is a crazily tedious task for someone who has 200+ contacts with birthday.

Any shortcut?????
    11-16-09 10:31 PM
    If you backed up all your calendar databases you will just have to move the birthdays from the device calendar to the default calendar, which is one of your email accounts. After a wipe and backup restore birthdays are always kept and they should show up in your cellphone when clicked on the birthday date in the calendar. If they are not there, then they didnt get restored at all or you just have the calendar tset to view the events relaed to one of your email accounts only. They will show up in the calendar but not in todays themes.

KB19240 - How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

If you have only one email, perform the first set of steps. If you have more than one email account perform the second set of steps. Either way, read the whole thing so you fully understand whats going on.
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-17-09 at 05:05 AM.
    11-17-09 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD