I'm having issues activating the visual voicemail on my new 9700

I click the Visual Voicemail Icon -> then Sign Up -> then Enable Visual Voicemail

and I get "Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please visit myt-mobile.com or call *611 to purchase this value bundle.

I've gone to myt-mobile.com, logged in, followed the instructions posted on the Visual Voicemail FAQs but I don't have the option to "Change Services".

Also called 611 and they weren't able to help me.

Any ideas??
    11-16-09 01:23 PM
    Just happened to me too...
    11-16-09 01:33 PM
    same here........
    11-16-09 01:37 PM
    Seems to be something that they're still ironing out in places. If I were you, and if VVM is indeed that big a deal, I would download VyMail or the YouMail app - both are free - and use that. At least until the green light goes out that the T-Mobile service is up and running smoothly.
    11-16-09 01:45 PM
    I had the same thing. Just call 611 and the service rep got it taken care of in about 2 minutes. Works like a charm now! Didn't even need to restart my phone.
    11-16-09 01:47 PM
    I had the same thing. Just call 611 and the service rep got it taken care of in about 2 minutes. Works like a charm now! Didn't even need to restart my phone.
    Do you know what they did to get it working?

I just spoke to a different rep and he told me the system for activating visual voicemail is down and should be back up in about 3 hours....I'm hoping it works then
    11-16-09 02:12 PM
    The entire system looks to be down, can't even see the minutes and messages usage on MyTmobile.
    11-16-09 02:28 PM
    I just got off the phone with a rep and he told me that since I changed my BB plan from the normal unlimited one to the "new" unlimited one that encompasses sms messages (I guess) i have to wait for that to take effect... which can be a couple days.

Everything else seems to work just fine.
    11-17-09 08:44 PM
    very easy to set up at tmobile.com. did both of my 8900's today in 20 seconds. easy.
    11-17-09 08:48 PM
    I spent almost 30 minutes on the phone last night with CS before a Tech's Supervisor finally set it up. There have been some bugs with TMOs website and the services for the 9700 once you switch your phone type. It works great once you get it up. Keep trying with CS.
    11-17-09 08:56 PM
    Go to tmobile and log in. If you have multiple lines, make sure you are on the primary line. Click on manage, then plans and services at top of page, then change services. On that page near the bottom is the free VVM option, check the box and submit, then there is a disclose box you have to check and in two minutes you are up and running. easy easy easy easy. I have doen it for several people inlcuding myself who don't even have a 9700
    11-17-09 09:00 PM
    thanks to reading and CB, when I received my 9700 last Friday, I immediately logged into MyTmobile and changed my phone to a MyTouch. I then added the VVM and then switched the phone back to my default, which was my 8900. Havent had any issues with the visual voicemail at all.
    11-17-09 09:02 PM
    very easy to set up at tmobile.com. did both of my 8900's today in 20 seconds. easy.

what did you do at the tmobile website to get it running?
    11-17-09 09:02 PM
    I had to call customer care to fix mine. They had to reprovision all of my services.. took about 30 minutes to do it all which included the rep calling and leaving me a test vm. I really didn't know if I would like it.. but its awesome.. click on the VM and it's starts playing.. no more press 7 to delte..are you sure you want to delete. Really sure.. you sure you dont want to call them back first..
    11-17-09 09:06 PM
    also.. for anyone interested the VVM requires BB data plan.. I had the rep provision my 8320 for it also but I need to add data to it.
    11-17-09 09:07 PM
    as said above. make sure your phone is showing correct when you log on. Next to the picture select the top option "manage", On the next page select "plans and services" or "Change services" if you get the green change services button. It is a little different based on how many lines you have on your account. It will give you a whole list of services, VVM is near the bottom. Check thebox, click submit, it will take you to a confirmation page. Give it a minute and then go to VVM on your phone and you will notice it looks different now.
    11-17-09 09:08 PM
    Tried all this. Rep wasn't able to figure it out and when I go to the TMo website and try to change services to add this there is no "submit" button. frustrating...
    11-17-09 10:45 PM
    When I got into my account, it says that VVM is one of my services, my phone is a 9700, and yet it doesn't work...
    11-17-09 10:54 PM
    i just got mine to work. like the others say, log in to myt-mobile and make sure the phone image pops up is the phone youre using. if it isnt, change it then go to your services and change it in there.
    11-17-09 11:17 PM
    i also went on website and its listed there and called rep he said may take some time.. well 2hrs later.. nothing. i also noticed i'm not even getting new voicemail notifications.
    11-17-09 11:23 PM
    Is there any way to REMOVE this from the BB?? I dont use/need it.

In DM the check box isnt one you can uncheck to have it removed nor is there a "delete" in the options for applications.
    11-19-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD