T-mo just announced their unlimited everything plan starting at $50 (I think, please don't criticize if I'm not 100%). Further research on my part has uncovered that it's not really unlimited EVERYTHING, and it's also not really $50.

Meanwhile, Metro PCS has super low monthly costs....but service is a gamble in some areas (as with any carrier, frankly).

Basically I'm wondering if there will ever be a truly unlimited plan that isn't going to cost hundreds of $ every month for its users. I love the service I get with Verizon (will never go back to Tmo, just a personal pref. thing) but I'm scared off from getting any kind of BB or smartphone with prices being what they are.

I mean, I have 450 min. and the $10 txting plan and my bill is always like $69/month. NO DATA or internet or anything. If I threaten to leave will they possibly cut me a break? Seriously. Or am I just being unreasonable. My mobile phone is the only phone I have so getting rid isn't an option for me.
    11-16-09 01:09 PM
    Don't threaten to leave that only annoys the rep you are working with. Chances are they will not be dropping their price plans because people are still paying for their plans. Basically you can jump ship and go to TMO/Sprint but the service won't be as nice.
    11-16-09 01:12 PM
    TBH, I've heard some rumors of some new plans in Q4 or Q1, whether that means they'll be instituting the same plans w/ lower prices or actually creating new plans (Maybe Nationwide + North America) or something I do not know. As of now though, there are no plans to lower price plans or create price plans.

Unfortunately Verizon does not cut price plans for people, everyone pays the same. TBH reps hear "I will cancel" every day, all day. I don't think you're being unreasonable, I understand how times are hard, but you have to realize that you get what you pay for. The constant connection, more unlimited calling (mobile to mobile + friends and family) the customer service 6am-11pm everyday etc. It would be up to you to decide if it's worth it. However, a lot of customers who do leave end up coming back.

One option you may have is to add an employer discount to your bill, do you work for a company that has a discount? You can check at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=eZjD8DWD
    11-16-09 01:14 PM
    Reps don't negotiate plan prices...and threatening to leave is not the novelest of ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 01:15 PM
    Honestly, I would be very surprised to see VZW drop their prices. I think about the only thing that would cause them to do so would be if they started hemorrhaging large numbers of customers to other carriers or if their market share and consumer base were to decline drastically e.g. Sprint's recent situation.
    11-16-09 01:26 PM
    T-mo just announced their unlimited everything plan starting at $50 (I think, please don't criticize if I'm not 100%). Further research on my part has uncovered that it's not really unlimited EVERYTHING, and it's also not really $50.

Meanwhile, Metro PCS has super low monthly costs....but service is a gamble in some areas (as with any carrier, frankly).

Basically I'm wondering if there will ever be a truly unlimited plan that isn't going to cost hundreds of $ every month for its users. I love the service I get with Verizon (will never go back to Tmo, just a personal pref. thing) but I'm scared off from getting any kind of BB or smartphone with prices being what they are.

I mean, I have 450 min. and the $10 txting plan and my bill is always like $69/month. NO DATA or internet or anything. If I threaten to leave will they possibly cut me a break? Seriously. Or am I just being unreasonable. My mobile phone is the only phone I have so getting rid isn't an option for me.
    Seriously? ha.
    11-16-09 01:30 PM
    Honestly, I would be very surprised to see VZW drop their prices. I think about the only thing that would cause them to do so would be if they started hemorrhaging large numbers of customers to other carriers or if their market share and consumer base were to decline drastically e.g. Sprint's recent situation.
    Or if AT&T dropped first.
    11-16-09 01:31 PM
    Seriously? ha.
    lol i know, can't hurt to ask tho. I don't want to be a whiny customer who makes the rep's life a living ****. Just wondering what options are/what has worked for other ppl
    11-16-09 01:32 PM
    lol i know, can't hurt to ask tho. I don't want to be a whiny customer who makes the rep's life a living ****. Just wondering what options are/what has worked for other ppl
    Options/what has worked for ... lowering prices? Here's a few suggestions:
    - remove features (txt, etc.)
    - reduce the number of minutes you purchase per month
    - switch carriers
    11-16-09 01:39 PM

your plan shouldn't be that much.a

450 min plan is $40/month + $10 for your texting + misc fees, your bill shouldnt be much more than $55.
    11-16-09 01:46 PM
    Threatening to leave has been accurately covered by previous responses already, and going to another carrier as well. But you do have some good options within your existing VZW plan.

1. Calling from your Verizon cell phone to other people on Verizon cell phones does not count against your plans minutes. This is free calling.

2. Learn the rules of free evening and weekend calling. Learn to use this option to your benefit. All enenings, all weekends, all free.

3. Learn the rules of the Freinds and Family Program. You get to select five phone numbers you call the most, register them into your Freinds and Family Plan and call them any time at no charge against the minutes on your plan. This is also free.

I hope this helps, and I hope you noticed the use of the word "free" at the end of each suggestion. There is a lot of potential mileage in these features.

Best of luck to you.
    11-16-09 01:59 PM
    The OPs 450 minute plan does not include the friends and family option so that's off the table.

11-16-09 04:37 PM
    T-mobile lost 76,000 customers last quarter so they had to lower prices in an attempt to maintain their customer base.

Verizon gained 1.2 million customers last quarter while maintaining their prices (and raising them in some cases).

I predict that VZW will not be lowering prices anytime soon.
    11-16-09 04:55 PM
    T-mobile lost 76,000 customers last quarter so they had to lower prices in an attempt to maintain their customer base.

Verizon gained 1.2 million customers last quarter while maintaining their prices (and raising them in some cases).

I predict that VZW will not be lowering prices anytime soon.
    Where did you get that information? Im just curious, id like to keep up on that type of info.
    11-16-09 05:23 PM
    Where did you get that information? Im just curious, id like to keep up on that type of info.
    He knows insiders
    11-16-09 05:26 PM
    Actually, VZW & AT&T will actually be cutting prices to match Sprint & T-Mobile.

The minute either Sprint or T-Mobile claims 60+ million subscriber lines.

11-16-09 05:37 PM
    http://s.tmocache.com/Cms/Files/Publ...se%20FINAL.pdf

I stand corrected. They really lost 77,000 last quarter.

Verizon Wireless and FiOS Growth Fuels Continued Strong Cash Flow at Verizon in 3Q
    11-16-09 05:37 PM
    My question is: When will TMO and Sprint raise their prices to get enough money to invest in thier networks so they can compete against the big boys?
    11-16-09 05:44 PM
    My question is: When will TMO and Sprint raise their prices to get enough money to invest in thier networks so they can compete against the big boys?
    Why invest in their networks? AT&T doesn't invest in theirs, yet they are set to overtake VZW for number one position in about two years.

If network really mattered, it would be VZW vs Sprint & AT&T would be in third or fourth place.

11-16-09 07:25 PM
    Why invest in their networks? AT&T doesn't invest in theirs, yet they are set to overtake VZW for number one position in about two years.

If network really mattered, it would be VZW vs Sprint & AT&T would be in third or fourth place.

THere are other factors as well, there are many reasons I am sure why they are lowering their prices and still loosing customers

Network, Customer service, Etc.
    11-16-09 07:33 PM
    THere are other factors as well, there are many reasons I am sure why they are lowering their prices and still loosing customers

Network, Customer service, Etc.
    Nothing wrong with Sprint's CS anymore - at least in comparison with cell carriers as a whole.

As I mentioned in the "Reality" thread, much of the churn comes at contract renewal time.

"SCREW YOU, SPRINT! VERIZON & AT&T WILL GIVE ME THAT PHONE FOR HALF WHAT YOU WILL! I AM GOING TO VZW or AT&T TO SAVE $80 SINCE YOU WON'T MATCH THEIR PRICE!"

Then this genius proceeds to sign a contract with AT&T or VZW that costs $40/month more per month. How long before his phone savings are gone?

11-16-09 09:55 PM
    Nothing wrong with Sprint's CS anymore - at least in comparison with cell carriers as a whole.

As I mentioned in the "Reality" thread, much of the churn comes at contract renewal time.

"SCREW YOU, SPRINT! VERIZON & AT&T WILL GIVE ME THAT PHONE FOR HALF WHAT YOU WILL! I AM GOING TO VZW or AT&T TO SAVE $80 SINCE YOU WON'T MATCH THEIR PRICE!"

Then this genius proceeds to sign a contract with AT&T or VZW that costs $40/month more per month. How long before his phone savings are gone?
    Said customer then proceeds to jump ship to Sprint again, and the cycle begins anew.

I tell you the truth: You get a bunch of reps from different carriers in the same room, the result is nothing like those old Alltel commercials. What really happens is we discuss our...um...most special customers.
    11-16-09 10:05 PM
    actually, vzw & at&t will actually be cutting prices to match sprint & t-mobile.

the minute either sprint or t-mobile claims 60+ million subscriber lines.

:d

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol . . . . . . . .
    11-17-09 01:10 AM
    Threatening to leave has been accurately covered by previous responses already, and going to another carrier as well. But you do have some good options within your existing VZW plan.

1. Calling from your Verizon cell phone to other people on Verizon cell phones does not count against your plans minutes. This is free calling.

2. Learn the rules of free evening and weekend calling. Learn to use this option to your benefit. All enenings, all weekends, all free.

3. Learn the rules of the Freinds and Family Program. You get to select five phone numbers you call the most, register them into your Freinds and Family Plan and call them any time at no charge against the minutes on your plan. This is also free.
    I hope this helps, and I hope you noticed the use of the word "free" at the end of each suggestion. There is a lot of potential mileage in these features.

Best of luck to you.
    Technically this is not free. Makes absolutely no sense to me but you have to purchase a plan with more minutes to be able to take advantage of this?? I got a call from Verizon for this and im on a family plan. They said I needed to bump up to the 1400 minute plan to take advantage of this. Whats the point of being able to call people for free if you have to pay extra for minutes that you probably wont use?? Its beyond me
    11-17-09 09:43 AM
    They may throw the customers a bone. Thats all we ask for
    11-17-09 10:03 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD