3.5in OLED (I hate the empty black border area around the screen)
    16GB Flash
    WebKit Browser
    Better media player (video and music)
    11-16-09 01:01 PM
    16GB Flash
    WebKit Browser
    c/s on the screen and browser. With expandable memory, there's no need for built in storage to be that big.
    11-16-09 01:48 PM
    The memory would be to make apps and music and video faster. Flash memory is what makes the iphone seem faster.
    11-16-09 02:09 PM
    The memory would be to make apps and music and video faster. Flash memory is what makes the iphone seem faster.
    No, the iPhone is faster because it does not use the ****ty Java platform that RIM uses since it is more secure.
    11-16-09 03:37 PM
    16GB Flash
    WebKit Browser

16GB on board memory will not happen but everything is doable. Storm 3 should be available to other carriers in the US, not just Verizon. It also need a bigger processor. If not, RIM is moving backwards.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 11-16-09 at 04:34 PM.
    11-16-09 04:31 PM
    **** no keep the storm a verizon exclusive for life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 04:34 PM
    Storm3 Discussion has already started?

Please wait atleast until January before the mayhem and anticipation starts...

Just, pl0x?
    11-16-09 04:38 PM
    **** no keep the storm a verizon exclusive for life

Why does it matter if other carriers have it?
    11-16-09 04:39 PM
    It doesn't but its more fun if its a verizon exclusive

11-16-09 04:41 PM

RIM needs to go back to the same devices on every carrier format. No exclusive stuff and stop catering so much to carriers. Just have the Bold, Curve, Pearl, and Storm series on every carrier.
    11-16-09 04:45 PM
    lol wow... this kind of stuff already?
    11-16-09 04:46 PM
    lol wow... this kind of stuff already?
    yup, why waste time? Can't wait for pics of the Storm3.
    11-16-09 04:55 PM
    Heck no carrier exclusives is what brings people to a carrier without them they would actually have to do things to compete for your business like better plan pricing and screw that it cuts into profit to much

11-16-09 04:55 PM
    the underlying plstform is built with c and c++ the app layer is java me. they have to have a better app world currently i can not delete unistalled appps if anyone knows how let me know
    11-16-09 06:25 PM
    I would love to see UMA for a 3rd try. VZ needs to get with it.

11-16-09 11:58 PM
    For those of you saying it is too soon...it is in development.

A few folks accepted to be "In the Know" have confirmed this as well as that it will be LTE. If RIM sticks to the Annual release pace they have already established with S1 to S2, and that Apple laid out with I Phone, 3G, and 3 GS we can expect this late in 2010, early in 2011. VZW plans to be LTE in all their major markets by end of 2010, so it would have to be LTE otherwise it would be like when Original Iphone came out without 3 G.

Aside from that I think it is hard to say. RIM has the decide if they are "All in" or not with the Storm Line up. So I say if they are serious the device will have:

1. Screen - OLED or High Res Screen. At least same as Droid
    2. Chip Set - Fastest available Chip set (I have no idea what LTE brings in as far as Chips go)
    3. Memory - New Architecture that allows App memory similar to I Phone. They could either increase the flash memory 10 fold, or they could allow apps to run off internal Memory and just make that high speed memory for better performance. So either like 16 GB of flash, or 256 Flash memory for OS, and 16 GB of Internal Memory that Apps or Media can run from.
    4. Software/OS - OS has to take advantage of Graphics Acceleration so that Eye candy Features do not drain the performance. There has to be dedicated "Desktop" for Widgets, and RIM has to develop several Widgets as part of the OS, like Social Media, Weather, News, etc. OS would be a factor in ability to use Memory differently allowing the Apps to live outside the flash memory

If they are not "All in" we are looking at minor screen updates (maybe 8 piezio disks or whatever), 512 flash memory, 4 GB Internal, up to 32 GB SD card. VZW will probably throw a 16 GB or 32 GB card in. The OS will be same basic java app with the updated browser we know is coming but no real push to integrate Widgets and Graphic acceleration into the OS.

In reality I bet we get something in between the 2 pictures I am painting. The big x factor is how RIM will deal with App Memory. I mean if they can update OS and allow Apps to install to Internal memory then the Storm 1 is a whole other animal with 128 just for the OS and 1 GB for apps. I think that also opens the Dorri for Open GL Support. But as I understand it the memory used for the internal mem on S and S2 is not high speed and would not perform well.

Wow I typed a lot. Feel Free to flame away. LOL
    11-17-09 08:52 PM
    Java is honestly a big pile of crap for any sort of speedy GUI, it's just cross platform hence why people like it, i HATE IT..
    11-17-09 11:27 PM
    well if u think about most carriers wont move to LTE 2011, we all know verizon is suppose to be in 2010, but lets think of this for a minute. IF rim wants to make a LTE for Verizon then they should Step the **** up and make the NEXT 9520 TRI BAND so we can use the HSPA+ in North America, i Live in canada and i know for a fact that Telus and bell wont be making the move to LTE anytime soon maybe 2011-2012, I dont know about rogers, but IF there was HSPA Storm 2 i would totally hop on it but otherwise im not staying with 1X Digital voice. no difference in the 9530 and 9550 i dont care about wifi
    11-18-09 08:57 PM
    Since you brought LTE I say make a data only Blackberry with VOIP and walkie/talkie style conversations via BlackBerry Messenger. I love to pass voice notes over BBM instead of text and have the note play on earphone not speakerphone. Who stays on the phone for more than 30sec anyway. I have google voice right now on my storm, why do i need Verizon phone charges, worthless. Give me apps and VOIP
    Last edited by nter88; 11-18-09 at 10:33 PM.
    11-18-09 10:04 PM
    RIM needs to go back to the same devices on every carrier format. No exclusive stuff and stop catering so much to carriers. Just have the Bold, Curve, Pearl, and Storm series on every carrier.
    Totally agreed.
    11-21-09 02:42 PM
    I could care less if other carriers got it, as long as Verizon still gets it. As far as what I'd like to see I have 3 requests. One more application memory. Secondly, in call mode should have a full dial pad with flash, speaker, etc; so that your not forced to switch between them. Lastly, I would like some four way nob to make it easier playing games on the storm. Aside from that I'm fairly happy with the Storm1 as it is, but any other features will me more than welcomed.
    11-29-09 11:54 AM
    The all in Storm 3 would give RIM a better competivite edge. RIM I am sure will get the next Storm close to perfect as possible.

11-29-09 10:21 PM

Blah Blah Blah, its more fun that verizon has the rights to the S2 just like AT&T and Apple. We are a free country and have every right to choose what carrier and phone we want to use and not limit to what the damn carrier wants us to have.

Just like one crack addict said, standardized the phones for all the carriers.
    11-29-09 10:35 PM
    Storm3 Discussion has already started?

Please wait atleast until January before the mayhem and anticipation starts...

Just, pl0x?
    lmao....agreed. The Storm 1 isnt even in the ground ready to be buried and we have moved to the Storm 3?
    11-30-09 10:22 AM
    lmao....agreed. The Storm 1 isnt even in the ground ready to be buried and we have moved to the Storm 3?
    The Tech curve is a B^*tch, ain't it?

I saw somewhere a RIM representative mention Next Generation Devices. Wonder what they meant by that. Maybe they are looking at the App Memory or general Memory Architecture. Interesting point above about passing VOIP over BBM. That would save Companies a ton, by being able to shut off phone service for BB's, but it might alienate the carriers. If Google is going that direction with the rumored G Phone, then who knows. The Cellular provider landscape may be set for a huge shake up soon, with more and more focus on data and letting Voice die on the vine.
    11-30-09 11:02 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD