i didnt think it was but im seeing lots of 5.0 threads
    11-15-09 10:06 PM
    no it's not
    11-15-09 10:14 PM
    I looked yesterday nothing yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 10:17 PM
    Verizon likes annoying the public by taking forever with software...and phone releases because they never know anything...today i spoke with a verizon rep and he told me the 5.0 came out when the storm's os came out too...weird i know they never know what there talking about...EVER lol
    11-15-09 10:17 PM
    Verizon likes annoying the public by taking forever with software...and phone releases because they never know anything...today i spoke with a verizon rep and he told me the 5.0 came out when the storm's os came out too...weird i know they never know what there talking about...EVER lol
    I am rep ... so if you know it all why are you calling us who you think "dont know what we are talking about EVER" I cant speak for all my co-workers that roam this forum but I read upon things and I haven't heard confirmed news on the 5.0 software not even from the data consultant. I can assure you it's coming out, but I dont see it right now probably by end of DEC, if not early Q1...
    11-15-09 10:20 PM
    I also asked them about the 8530 and the 8920 coming out and they said they know nothing about it...How come the storm gets it and the 8530 will have 5.0 when it comes out..so why doesnt the tour have it?...
    11-15-09 10:40 PM
    We don't have it yet on Sprint either. Patience lads.
    11-15-09 10:53 PM
    wasn't the tour supposed to be released with 5.0 or was that a rumor?
    11-15-09 11:01 PM
    How come the storm gets it and the 8530 will have 5.0 when it comes out..so why doesnt the tour have it?...
    Because obviously they are not ready to release it yet.
    11-15-09 11:37 PM
    Apparently it was just a rumor on Sprint. It's still unconfirmed; only two people said they received something, and there were no screen shots. One may have downloaded the leaked version, and forgot about it. I certainly don't have it yet.
    11-16-09 05:15 AM
    It's strange to be waiting for 5.0 as if it was the Holy Grail. Those who tried the 5.0.0.230, know that it adds a slightly nicer interface, is slightly faster and has threaded SMS. It doesn't add a whole lot of new functionality... more like an SP1 for Windows that adds stability (hopefully), speed uptick, a new function and and interface facelift. Some apps don't play nice with it... it will take the developers of said apps time to catch up to the new release.

There is new stuff released for the Tour all the time (software, updates, PRLs etc), making the phone much more stable stable and fun to use as is. Knowing what it takes to get a stable OS released, I would rather RIM and carriers worked the bugs out and gave use a stable 5.0 rather than rush it prematurely.
    11-16-09 06:01 AM
    It's strange to be waiting for 5.0 as if it was the Holy Grail. Those who tried the 5.0.0.230, know that it adds a slightly nicer interface, is slightly faster and has threaded SMS. It doesn't add a whole lot of new functionality... more like an SP1 for Windows that adds stability (hopefully), speed uptick, a new function and and interface facelift. Some apps don't play nice with it... it will take the developers of said apps time to catch up to the new release.

There is new stuff released for the Tour all the time (software, updates, PRLs etc), making the phone much more stable stable and fun to use as is. Knowing what it takes to get a stable OS released, I would rather RIM and carriers worked the bugs out and gave use a stable 5.0 rather than rush it prematurely.
    Ditto. Usually, I am pretty patient, and content to let Rim, the service carriers, and developers work out the kinks before passing down any upgraded OS. But 4.7 has been very trying for me. I really despise it. My phone has been bricked twice now, and I am a pretty sedate user; I don't usually dabble in high-risk activities like attempting to improve on my OS. Up until 2 days ago, my attempts to download any apps at all came up with 'verification errors' or 'outofmemory errors.' These were regular apps like Yahoo Messenger, and I had a good 80MB of memory to spare. I became so frustrated that I downloaded the 5.0 leak (the .230 version). But then, it had its own issues for me. The battery drained really fast, it had Bluetooth issues and some texting issues, etc. After my phone got bricked again, I wiped everything and began anew. So far so good. But I really hold 4.7 in contempt now. It seems riddled full of holes, from my subjective POV. For the first time, I am really looking forward to a new OS.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 11-16-09 at 07:54 AM.
    11-16-09 07:46 AM
    If you want 5.0 now, load up 5.0.0.230. It's a significant improvement over 4.7.1.40. No reason not to do it.
    11-16-09 08:52 AM
    my sister received 5.0 OTA for her storm 1 and this was about a week ago.
    11-16-09 08:57 AM
    Everyone keeps speaking so highly of the leaked .230 but I downloaded it two different times and both times it completely froze my phone. And I'm not talking for 5-10 seconds I'm talking after 10 minutes I finally would have to do a battery pull. Anytime I used my phone for 5 minutes it would do this freeze. One time I let it sit to see how long it would be froze and after 2 hours I figured it just wasn't gonna change so had to do battery pull again. I was super bummed because I really want the threaded SMS and fast browser. So I too am looking forward to the official release. You gotta admit seeing all the new devices coming out and everyone else getting updates it is a lil disheartening to us Tour lovers. Fingers crossed we see something soon
    11-16-09 09:00 AM
    my sister received 5.0 OTA for her storm 1 and this was about a week ago.
    Not relavant at all for this conversation. Everyone is aware that 5.0 is out for the 9530 already.

Everyone keeps speaking so highly of the leaked .230 but I downloaded it two different times and both times it completely froze my phone. And I'm not talking for 5-10 seconds I'm talking after 10 minutes I finally would have to do a battery pull. Anytime I used my phone for 5 minutes it would do this freeze. One time I let it sit to see how long it would be froze and after 2 hours I figured it just wasn't gonna change so had to do battery pull again. I was super bummed because I really want the threaded SMS and fast browser. So I too am looking forward to the official release. You gotta admit seeing all the new devices coming out and everyone else getting updates it is a lil disheartening to us Tour lovers. Fingers crossed we see something soon
    I can only speak for my experience which has been extremely positive. Have you tried one of the 5.0 hybrids by iretuhun? I suggest downloading the most recent one in the OS/Beta discuss thread and giving it a whirl.
    11-16-09 09:04 AM
    dbone15 don't i have to have .230 downloaded then do a hybrid...i tried that on last one and it read that i had .238 after and it still had same problems. I was so bummed cuz it took FOREVER to find a working .230 leaking and just more disappointment when it didn't work.
    11-16-09 09:13 AM
    dbone15 don't i have to have .230 downloaded then do a hybrid...i tried that on last one and it read that i had .238 after and it still had same problems. I was so bummed cuz it took FOREVER to find a working .230 leaking and just more disappointment when it didn't work.
    That's correct. You load the hybrid over the .230 install. Not sure why you are having so many issues. I know a ton of people running the Tour hybrids without having isses. I have never had one freeze or random reboot. I haven't rebooted my tour in over a week.
    11-16-09 09:24 AM
    dbone15 thanks for the help....but yes had issues both times. Guess I'll just have to wait for the official...
    11-16-09 09:42 AM
    dbone15 thanks for the help....but yes had issues both times. Guess I'll just have to wait for the official...
    Have you ever wiped with bbsak prior to upgrading? If not, give that a shot one more time and see what happens.
    11-16-09 10:24 AM
    Have you ever wiped with bbsak prior to upgrading? If not, give that a shot one more time and see what happens.
    Could you or anyone explain to me more about how BBSAK works? I had read up on it and tried downloading from the website, but it wouldn't open up either on my laptop or on my Blackberry, despite the swiss army knife icon on my desktop. Is this app supposed to be downloaded to the computer, the Blackberry or both? How is it used? Thanks...
    11-16-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD