I have the 8830 WE and purchased (rented) the SIM card from Alltel's 3rd party provider for that. This part worked fine but [SIZE="5"]the problem started when I returned to the US and since then I have no data services at all!SIZE] Phone is okay but it will not connect to data services. I was told by the 1st Alltel tech rep that there is a known bug in the BB server not releasing the old profile and to turn it off/batt out for a while and if that didn't fix it to reload the OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which I did that was no relief either. The 2nd tech rep told me he would send a message direct to the BB servers and that after I removed the batt again for at least an hour later that day it would re-establish the profile. Guess what...still no data services. I called a 3rd rep this morning who told me to call back after 9:00 and demand to speak with the "advanced data team" to resolve it.

Please tell me someone out there has had this issue resolved and how did you do it????

My experience with Alltel's tech team has been positive in my 14 years as a customer and I'm holding out that it will stay that way.
    05-17-08 06:43 AM
    Have not had that problem myself, but you you might try deleting the service books, pulling the battery out with the device on, after 30 seconds, reinstall the battery then send the service books and register the Host Routing tables. You should recieve confirmation messages.
    05-17-08 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD