so my 60 year dad just got the droid . his biggest issue that he complains about is..........whie he isin the browser he keeps on hitting a link on the page that he is on when he is swiping up or down....so is there asetting that can be change ? i have no idea about the phone cause im still rocking the storm 1 !! but come nov 30 i will have one! anyways thanks for any help and i might have a few more questions later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 07:41 PM
    i guess i dont get what you are wanting it not to do. if you hit a link it will lead to another and if you swipe up and down yes it will scroll up or down. explain more what your trying to fix.
    11-14-09 07:45 PM
    As long as he is pressing down on the screen while swiping, links will not be selected and acted upon (opened). If he is touching the screen very briefly to do the swipe, then the phone might interpret that as a press on the link. Tell him to put his finger on the screen, then do drag/swipe motion, not just flick at the screen.
    11-14-09 07:45 PM
    As long as he is pressing down on the screen while swiping, links will not be selected and acted upon (opened). If he is touching the screen very briefly to do the swipe, then the phone might interpret that as a press on the link. Tell him to put his finger on the screen, then do drag/swipe motion, not just flick at the screen.
    thanks for.the tip can you adjust the sen. levels if so can u give me the steps to get there

11-14-09 07:52 PM
    i guess i dont get what you are wanting it not to do. if you hit a link it will lead to another and if you swipe up and down yes it will scroll up or down. explain more what your trying to fix.
    when he is on a site with links to other sites and when he swipes the phone up and down he will hit the link on the page by accident........if that makes more sense?

11-14-09 07:56 PM
    Here is his text : Ok here's the deal it.s to sensitive on a internet pages sometimes when you swipe up or down you high lite. Something else and it changes pages.The kill app is great still got lots of batt life playing off and on this afternoon also compass app is great lots of cool free appd I like this thing. That's his quick review !!!!

11-14-09 08:06 PM
    I'd recommend a screen protector. I had the same issue but my screen protector helped tone down the sensitivity.
    11-14-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD