Will backup ted Stuff from 8900 be able to be loaded on the 9700? Like apps and phone numbers in the contacts book be able to be loaded from the 8900 to the 9700?
    11-14-09 11:22 AM
    Yes. Use the device switcher in desktop manager. Both devices will need to be connected to your pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:27 AM
    Yes, but don't use device switcher!

Just backup the 8900 and restore to the 9700... sorted

11-14-09 11:31 AM
    Why not use switch device wizard? Works like a champ
    11-14-09 11:32 AM
    Why not use switch device wizard? Works like a champ
    Sorry if that sounded like device switcher won't work, it's just a personal preference. Why have 2 devices connected via usb when you only need 1? Using a backup file from the 8900 to restore to the 9700 is a bit less complicated, and does exactly the same thing a bit quicker.

I backed up my 3rd party apps on the 8900, then restored the 9700 using the loader backup file and it worked a treat.

Horses for courses I guess, but the answer is still Yes... it can be done

11-14-09 12:02 PM
    Good info Phil. That will be helpful to people who don't have the proper ports on their pc to hook up two devices at once.

11-14-09 12:06 PM
    Yes but here is what happened to me with the device switcher. I did this with my Verizon Storm2 What happened was a lot of the pre loaded Verizon stuff was put on the TMobile phone and some of the apps for the storm2 don't work on the Bold. You may have to go back and delete the junk it pus on there that wont work on the Bold.
    11-14-09 12:52 PM
    Why have 2 devices connected via usb when you only need 1?
    The Device Switch Wizard is smart enough to realize if you want to do a BB-to-BB transfer, and it only sees one device, it will prompt you to connect the new device when it's done copying the data from the old device.
    11-14-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD