Does anyone know of a good BB program, compatible with the Curve 8330, that tracks airline flight schedules? Free programs? Other? Thanks
    05-16-08 08:19 PM
    05-16-08 08:37 PM
    There are a few that are web based. FlightAware - Free Flight Tracker - IFR Flight Status, Tracking, History, Maps can be viewed from your BB.

Flight tracking, free flight tracker, online flight planning and aviation services. mainly is for the PC but is able to display the flights on google earth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 10:29 PM
    Thank you to EEOSU and to AMAZINGLYGRACELESS for the links.
    05-17-08 05:44 AM
    Wow...that's a real sexy and useful app. If I could wright the gold membership off on an expense report, I'd be all over that. Unfortunately, all my travel is personal and I couldn't justify the 100 bucks a year.
    09-06-08 09:32 AM
    I am using this site to check arrivel and departure times, etc. It works very well with my BB browser

Flight Tracker: Departure & Arrival Information from USATODAY.com - USATODAY.com
    09-06-08 11:16 AM
    Here's another couple choices which are optimized for the mobile web

Goldenware FlightLookup

AA.com

09-06-08 11:50 AM
    It's not really an application..... but, you can SMS to google (466453) the airline and the flight # and get up-to-the-minute info on flights. I don't travel enough to justify spending any cash for an appl. But I've used this method and actually been in the airport reading the monitor and then sent a text and saw the delays get texted to me in real time.

how to use: say you are flying on united Airlines flight 1543. SMS the following message to 466453, "ua 1543" that's it, that's all. or something like "delta 1234" or whatever the flight # is. try it right now and ck out the speed and detail of the response, pretty cool, eh? simple and..... free! plus, takes up ZERO memory for an appl you would only use while traveling, which for me is only about 4-5 times / yr
    09-06-08 06:27 PM
    Have you tried the Pocket Express Flight Status?
    I use it to check my flight status and it works great.

Try this link : download.pocketexpress.com
    09-07-08 12:57 AM
    if u go to wwwdotgoogledotcom and in the search box, just enter the airline code and flight number it will give u the status.
    like AA 1646
    09-07-08 10:48 AM
    Thats a sweet app AG!
    09-07-08 10:52 AM
    I think Pocket Express's flight tracker works great. While you could use Google's search box, I find navigating the web at all on my smart phone a bit of a hassle. Pocket Express offers a diversified 12 channel mobile portal, with a breadth of services and content that really I think is unmatched.

Couple this with the fact that most the features on Pocket Express are free, it's a hard offer to resist. You can install Pocket Express for free on your handset from this website.

AT&T MEdia Mall

It's a really simple process and then you can explore everything Pocket Express has to offer.

Pocket express has become an integral part of my spare time during the day, you know those 10 - 20 minutes windows of time when your waiting or in transit. I can fill those time slots with news, sports, financial and games content from around the world at the click of a button.
    09-07-08 12:34 PM
    Damnit, another program that doesn't work on the sprint network...

Dm
    09-08-08 08:29 AM
    I'm pretty sure it works fine on Sprint, but it does come at a subscription price.

09-08-08 08:39 AM
    Oh, great. That too?
    I signed up, downloaded and went to set it up.
    Got all kinds of firewall prompts, which I allowed.
    Then when it goes to connect...it fails over and over.
    Go to firewall settings again and set them all to "Allow".

Repeats the failure to connect cycle...

Deleted.
    I'll just use the GOOGL text feature to get my info...

Dm
    09-08-08 09:03 AM
    Best thing is always use the app that best meets your needs. Not sure what the problem was on your device, but it works on my 8330 running OS4.3 and now O4.5.

09-08-08 09:51 AM
    Worldmate works fine on sprint, I have used it for over a year with no issue. I am a Gold Member of it. Works great.
    09-08-08 09:56 PM
    Worldmate works fine on sprint, I have used it for over a year with no issue. I am a Gold Member of it. Works great.
    How did you get it configured?
    Mine...bah...nevermind...I can't be arsed to try loading this crap again.

Dm
    09-09-08 02:06 PM
    I just let it to do the automatic configuration and it connected right away using the "Mobile Data Services" connection. Granted, I'm not using the Flight Tracker as it's not worth the $$ for me (due to a pesky travel budget) but everything else works fine.
    09-09-08 04:58 PM
    Same here... Did auto config and it has always worked fine.
    09-09-08 06:27 PM
    I use FlightStats - work great. The site is mobile.flightstats.com - check it out
    09-10-08 11:53 AM
    I was just reading a Viigo bulletin which said Viigo Tango BETA 3 is coming some time this week and will have flight status, flight searching, addt'l sports channels, and other new stuff like the ability to customize the channels.

I've been watching the Tango beta progress, but these changes would put it over the top. It'd be nice to use one app for everything that I'm using PocketExpress for - especially if the features were free.
    09-10-08 07:06 PM
    I have used Viigo a little bit and I feel like there is no other application that compares to Pocket Express.
    Pocket Express has all of the information in one place. News , flights , stocks, weather, buying games/ringers. That's pretty much everything I need.

I hear that the AT&T of Pocket Express is completely free for all the features. I already pointed it out once, but here's where you could download it at the AT&T media mall website.
    http://mediamall.wireless.att.com/sf/storefront/endUserHTMLDir.jsp?dc=CF45541&refcode=&c1=CFWEB204 8&c2=CFWEB5926&c3=CFWEB13550&trail=all%20CFWEB1355 0

Enjoy!! Sorry Sprint users, this offer is only for the AT& users.
    09-11-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD