I have read in these forums that some folks are having trouble with Opera Mini and the 9700 trackpad.

Anyone else running into issues?

Thanks
    11-14-09 07:17 AM
    no issues for me
    11-14-09 07:20 AM
    no issues for me
    How did you install it? I can't get Opera Mini 4.2 or 5 working. 4.2 exits when I click "I Accept" after the installation and 5 just plain locks up and is unresponsive.
    11-14-09 07:25 AM
    Worked from day one for me. I've been told to move it out of your download folder to the main screen. That worked for one user. I keep mine in my DL folder, but now that I think about it, it was on my main screen when I first started to use it. Try that.

And I use Beta 5
    11-14-09 07:33 AM
    no problems here
    11-14-09 09:23 AM
    Tried 4.2 and it just froze on the first screen. Haven't tried 5.0 yet.
    11-14-09 12:25 PM
    Major issues here, can't get passed the licence agreement page. No menu options appear and when I click the accept button at the bottom of the page it just crashes out. Also, Opera seems to assume that the 9700 has left and right screen softkeys. Is the opera site possibly linking people to the wrong version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 01:50 AM
    Works for me. The 5.0 beta
    11-15-09 01:51 AM
    4.2 doesn't work for me. Tried moving it out of the downloads folder but no such luck. Tried downloading the 5 beta. Opened it within the downloads folder and it encountered an error. Tried moving it out of the downloads folder and into the home folder. Opened it again it worked. Moved it back to the downloads folder and all is still good.
    11-15-09 11:21 AM
    I'm using beta 5 on mine. I don't think Opera 4.2 is compatible with OS 5.0. The first time I tried loading the beta version, I couldn't get past the user agreement (but I was using wifi), so I turned wifi off and just connected via the network and it loaded fine. Now that I'm past that user agreement, it works over wifi. No other issues after about a week of use.
    11-15-09 11:26 AM
    4.2 does not work for me. I can open the app but then cannot enter a URL, and it does not respond to a click of the trackpad. Will do a complete unistall and a clean install (i.e., remove the module) and see if that helps.
    11-16-09 02:10 PM
    works fine for me. except when i type in the wrong thing & want to delete it, it will delete the whole line.
    11-16-09 03:06 PM
    Will not let me by the user agreement. Moving folder does not work either.
    11-16-09 04:51 PM
    5 runs for me and then I start using it it would just freeze and I have uninstall it all over again I have given up now
    11-16-09 07:06 PM
    Opera Mini 4.2 - I can never get past the User Agreement - if I scroll down and choose Accept, it just crashes out. When I start it again, it repeats this "Install" cycle all over again - endless loop. Tried moving it out of my Downloads folder and it doesn't make any difference.
    11-22-09 01:48 PM
    works fine for me. except when i type in the wrong thing & want to delete it, it will delete the whole line.
    That's why I quit using it when I had my 8900. Maybe when there's an update to the beta, I'll try it again.
    11-22-09 02:03 PM
    Ok when I went to the opera web site it has 3 versions for the blackberry. Which version is the one that works for the 9700???
    11-22-09 08:06 PM
    Downloaded 4.2 just now, took it out of the download folder as I plan to use it as my main browser. Started it up, accepted agreement and I was surfing the (mobile) web with ease. No problems here. I've had my 9700 since 11/17
    11-22-09 10:47 PM
    Used 5.0 for a while, but it seemed kind of buggy (entire line would delete when pressing delete key once like other poster said) so went back to 4.2 but eventually switched back to 5.0. With each installation, I got an error message on the first run, but worked fine after that. Can't get downloads to work with Opera (apps, media files, etc.) so I'm using both browsers still.
    11-23-09 01:58 AM
    I haven't tried Opera Mini yet but found out tonight that BOLT doesn't play well with the phone. I tried using it twice and both times my 9700 reset. I'll have to try out OM tomorrow and see how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 02:41 AM
    Ok when I went to the opera web site it has 3 versions for the blackberry. Which version is the one that works for the 9700???
    I have the same question. When browsing the Opera Mini 5.0 Beta page, it has three different versions.

Which one are people using that works well with the 9700?

UPDATE: I used the one for OS 4.7 and it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by iBlizz; 11-23-09 at 06:39 PM.
    11-23-09 06:19 PM
    I haven't tried Opera Mini yet but found out tonight that BOLT doesn't play well with the phone. I tried using it twice and both times my 9700 reset. I'll have to try out OM tomorrow and see how it goes.
    I downloaded BOLT last night and I've had no issues at all with it so far, OM on the other hand won't download at all for me.
    11-23-09 08:22 PM
    I have been unable to install OM no matter which link I go to. Although I am not on BIS, or BES, I do have the 100MB Media Net prepaid data plan, and I am able to access the internet....... The BOLT browser downloaded with no problems at all, however, OM gives me a message that says click the link, however, there is no link to click. Anyone else having this issue?

This is what I am seeing when I go to the download site:

11-23-09 08:32 PM
    I have been unable to install OM no matter which link I go to. Although I am not on BIS, or BES, I do have the 100MB Media Net prepaid data plan, and I am able to access the internet....... The BOLT browser downloaded with no problems at all, however, OM gives me a message that says click the link, however, there is no link to click. Anyone else having this issue?

i think it might be the data package you have on. idk if this would help but this is what i did to download it. went to m.opera.com then clicked on "try the new mini 5 beta" then clicked on "Download opera mini 5 beta for blackberry"
    11-23-09 08:51 PM

That's the same page we all get when going via the Blackberry Browser. The OM site doesn't play nice with non supported devices and I guess they don't realize that.

I installed it via DM. You should try the same.
    11-23-09 10:27 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD