Anyone having problems with their battery holding a charge? I've noticed that an hour off the charger it drops to about 60% with very little use (2 five minute phone calls).

All programs are closed, backlight is at the lowest setting with a 30 second shut off.

Do I have a bad battery or are there other options I should be changing to increase battery life?
    05-16-08 07:32 PM
    Anyone having problems with their battery holding a charge? I've noticed that an hour off the charger it drops to about 60% with very little use (2 five minute phone calls).

All programs are closed, backlight is at the lowest setting with a 30 second shut off.

Do I have a bad battery or are there other options I should be changing to increase battery life?
    I'm not having that problem. The battery on this thing is epic.

I bet it is some program or theme you have installed (I know you started another thread about the new theme you downloaded). Try a batter pull, and then slowly start picking off programs and themes until you see an improvement in battery. If no improvement, it could be a bad battery, I suppose.
    05-16-08 07:43 PM
    I'm not having that problem. The battery on this thing is epic.

I bet it is some program or theme you have installed (I know you started another thread about the new theme you downloaded). Try a batter pull, and then slowly start picking off programs and themes until you see an improvement in battery. If no improvement, it could be a bad battery, I suppose.
    Thanks I'll give that a try. Didn't know themes would affect battery life.
    05-16-08 07:59 PM
    Thanks I'll give that a try. Didn't know themes would affect battery life.
    It's possible. I installed that theme that you gave the link to, and my Curve started running slow. The hour glass kept staying up, etc. I finally did a battery pull, and switced back to a different theme. If yours is slowing down too, it seems to me like it could contribute to poor battery performance.
    05-16-08 08:54 PM
    Yea my battery is being eaten alive.

Today and yesterday I had 30% at 5:30
    05-16-08 09:16 PM
    It's possible. I installed that theme that you gave the link to, and my Curve started running slow. The hour glass kept staying up, etc. I finally did a battery pull, and switced back to a different theme. If yours is slowing down too, it seems to me like it could contribute to poor battery performance.
    I don't have the hourglass problem with the theme, its directly from BB they took the link down from their free stuff page. I'm going to run it by a Sprint store tomorrow to see what they have to say.
    05-16-08 09:55 PM
    Yea my battery is being eaten alive.

Today and yesterday I had 30% at 5:30
    One thing to be sure to do is to close the browser and all programs that use data when running. Leaving these open will cause your battery to be eaten alive.
    05-16-08 09:56 PM
    Sounds like a defect!
    05-16-08 10:01 PM
    I think I figured it out, we'll see tomorrow. Empower e-mail runs in the background all the time. While I like the looks of the e-mail using Empower, I'm not going to sacrifice battery life for esthetics.

Does anyone know if BBSmart e-mail continually runs in the background? I guess I'll check it out after I see the battery performance without Empower running.
    05-16-08 10:30 PM
    Empower cant be the culprit...I have Empower and have no probs...I guess it is some theme which you downloaded but more so it seems to be bad battery...Get your battery looked up and replaced...
    05-17-08 09:25 AM
    I removed empower last night before charging my battery. After 8 hours and several phone calls today I'm sitting at 90% battery. I have to believe with empower continually running in the background it effected battery life.

Any one know if BB Smart E-mail continually runs in the background or effects battery life?
    05-17-08 06:17 PM
    I'm a little concerned about my battery life, too. I haven't downloaded any themes and the only application I've added is Gmail.

Does anyone know if I would use less battery power by integrating my Gmail into the Blackberry internet e-mail option? The Gmail application is pretty slow, too.
    05-21-08 11:58 AM
    I'm a little concerned about my battery life, too. I haven't downloaded any themes and the only application I've added is Gmail.

Does anyone know if I would use less battery power by integrating my Gmail into the Blackberry internet e-mail option? The Gmail application is pretty slow, too.
    I didn't care for the g-mail program, I have it set up through my providers BIS site.
    05-21-08 12:07 PM
    I didn't care for the g-mail program, I have it set up through my providers BIS site.
    Yeah-I'm pretty unimpressed with the Gmail performance although it looks pretty.

Does anyone know how to remove an application?
    05-21-08 12:15 PM
    Yeah-I'm pretty unimpressed with the Gmail performance although it looks pretty.

Does anyone know how to remove an application?
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Click the menu button on the program and select delete.

Otherwise you can open up the Application Loader in Desktop Manager and do it in there.
    05-21-08 12:18 PM
    Sounds like a defect!
    I agree with you.
    05-22-08 08:06 AM
    My battery is soooooo much better since I removed the Gmail application and changed the backlight settings!
    05-22-08 02:10 PM
    I think i've been getting pretty decent battery life, but then again I'm coming from the HTC Touch, which sucked in every way possible.

I've got the iBerry theme and empower mail running.

10am - unplug

go through my morning ritual of checking email, signing into jivetalk (3 accounts), opening up weathereye, and reading through my viigo feeds. Send a few IMs to mommy.

PUSH email on, along with weathereye and viigo updating every hour. Light IMing on jivetalk throughout the day, and about 30 minutes of phone calls. About 20-30 minutes of web browsing and emailing on the blackberry browser and opera. Took a few snapshots and emailed/bluetoothed them.

It's now 9:15pm, and I'm sitting at 40% still. Of course I'd love to have even more battery life - would disabling empower give me a slight boost? How much battery life could my theme be using anyway?
    05-23-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD