I loveee my bold but I would love to switch to the new 9700 because it is smaller and not as wide, I love the phone's side but my hands aren't that big and they hurt sometimes from being stretched. Also because of the better camera.
    What are your reasons for wanting to switch?
    11-13-09 11:39 PM
    I loveee my bold but I would love to switch to the new 9700 because it is smaller and not as wide, I love the phone's side but my hands aren't that big and they hurt sometimes from being stretched. Also because of the better camera.
    What are your reasons for wanting to switch?
    I like just about everything about the new bold (better battery life, better camera, more app memory, trackpad) except the fact thats its a smaller screen and keyboard.
    11-14-09 03:57 AM
    honestly i only really care about the app memory and trackpad.

also i have a loose battery door and the new one seems to have a better design.
    11-14-09 04:00 AM
    I think there's already a thread about this....

and majority says 9700 is not worth an upgrade.....

simple words :
    Smaller
    No Major Upgrades (except memory and camera's pixels)
    = fail

it is worth it, if you're going to buy your 1st blackberry. Upgrade.. hmm nope. don't think so..
    11-14-09 04:03 AM
    What new bold come naturally blacked out. Are there any

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 07:52 AM
    I was going to switch, but felt one and didn't like it.
    11-14-09 07:54 AM
    I will pass on the 9700, and I'm looking fwd to whats next!
    11-14-09 07:56 AM
    I recently went to the store to check out the dummy phone of the 9700. Seriously, I was really dissapointed, the keyboard is SO TINY! I'm not impressed at all, I think the bold (9000) is still the best and best looking blackberry until now. Of course The trackpad looks awesome and the 3.2 mp camera is way better. But I prefer larger keyboard + screen, better speakers ( I think that's the best feature of the bold!!, never heard something loud and clear ). I tried to type on the 9700 and guys... the keys are so small, especially the last row : aA, space ...... I mean, are people trying to act and think they can used to ? ( In fact they are blinded by the specs and because its a new device ) Come on people! Myself I have tiny fingers and I can barely type properly. Even if i'm used to, from the 9000 to 9700, I think I would go back to the 9000. Oh I forgot, its all white!!! ok maybe some prefer that, it's ok its not a cons.... but i think its better looking with red keys for numbers, just more visual. Plus if there's a defective piece, it's easier to replace it ( from what i saw compared to the 9700 ). Plus the part that everybody always complain about the trackball : are you guys playing all day long with your trackball or what? I dont understand why there's so many thread about that. I have my bold for like 7-8 months and still no problem. ( ok its maybe stuck once in over 3 months ...) I always see bad comments about the bold, it's just because people dont know how to use their phone !!! If you have to choose between bold and 9700, I RECOMMEND YOU the bold 9000 all the way! Anyways, i'm done bashing on the bold haha
    11-14-09 09:03 AM
    I recently went to the store to check out the dummy phone of the 9700. Seriously, I was really dissapointed, the keyboard is SO TINY! I'm not impressed at all, I think the bold (9000) is still the best and best looking blackberry until now. Of course The trackpad looks awesome and the 3.2 mp camera is way better. But I prefer larger keyboard + screen, better speakers ( I think that's the best feature of the bold!!, never heard something loud and clear ). I tried to type on the 9700 and guys... the keys are so small, especially the last row : aA, space ...... I mean, are people trying to act and think they can used to ? ( In fact they are blinded by the specs and because its a new device ) Come on people! Myself I have tiny fingers and I can barely type properly. Even if i'm used to, from the 9000 to 9700, I think I would go back to the 9000. Oh I forgot, its all white!!! ok maybe some prefer that, it's ok its not a cons.... but i think its better looking with red keys for numbers, just more visual. Plus if there's a defective piece, it's easier to replace it ( from what i saw compared to the 9700 ). Plus the part that everybody always complain about the trackball : are you guys playing all day long with your trackball or what? I dont understand why there's so many thread about that. I have my bold for like 7-8 months and still no problem. ( ok its maybe stuck once in over 3 months ...) I always see bad comments about the bold, it's just because people dont know how to use their phone !!! If you have to choose between bold and 9700, I RECOMMEND YOU the bold 9000 all the way! Anyways, i'm done bashing on the bold haha
    Agree !!!!!!!!!! especially on the trackball section......... just buy a dozen of new trackballs or black trackballs... change it if you think it's starting to annoy you... won't cost you much I think....

Now imagine if the trackpad is broken........... just imagine............ okay if you still have warranty or whatever... but if not? imagine the cost.. the time... hmpf....
    11-14-09 12:07 PM
    I like just about everything about the new bold (better battery life, better camera, more app memory, trackpad) except the fact thats its a smaller screen and keyboard.

This and I'm the type that wants the latest/upgrades.
    11-14-09 03:28 PM
    oh yeah im upgrading...more memory..better camera(which i use alot of), trackpad, smaller form factor..bold too big for me and im sure the 9700 speakers are loud but yes the bold 9000 does sound good and loud. i just like to get the newest model out
    11-14-09 04:01 PM
    I love my 9000. If the keys were any smaller they would be a problem. If the screen were smaller it would be a problem. I have medium size hands so a smaller one won't be a selling point.

And I just got a warranty replacement (new trackball etc) so I won't be leaving ATT just yet
    11-14-09 04:11 PM
    A.
    No.
    Why?
    Its a teensy weensy device. Meant for aliens who enjoy teensy weensy phones.

11-14-09 04:50 PM
    After looking at the specs for the Bold 2, I was not going to switch. However, my screen is dying on my Bold, and it is just a few days out of warranty. RIM has confirmed that I have a hardware issue that is likely to get gradually worse. So, I will get the Bold 2 when it is released. I just hope my Bold does not totally crash before then.

11-14-09 05:37 PM
    I definitely like the idea of having the better camera, app memory, battery life and trackpad...but I'm also about a year away from an upgrade and love my 9000.

I would like to see what kind of issues arise from the trackpad too. I'd be a little wary of getting the 1st gen 9700. People have so many problems with the trackball as it is and it's something RIM has been doing for a while.

I don't like the idea of the smaller keyboard either. Typing on the 9000 is perfectly comfortable, and anything smaller would be aggravating. I look at my old curve and wonder how I dealt with it for so long.

I think I'll wait to see what comes after the 9700.
    11-14-09 10:28 PM
    I actually love the size of the bold and is the main reason from keeping me from switching when it comes out but the trackpad is the main reason I'm tired of not being able to read my email when my trackball decides to suddenly get stuck for a couple minutes to hours

11-14-09 11:10 PM
    No, I'm not going to. Mainly cause I'm broke.

Resons I would want to, and why not a big deal:
    1. Trackpad - yeah, itd be fun to play with, but I don't have problems with trackball...

2. 3.2mp camera - again, nice to have, but I have a 7mp handhelp camera that fits in pocket and a 10mp dslr, so, I don't neeeed a camera.

3. More app memory - prolly the biggest reason for wanting an upgrade, but I'm not deadly tight on 9000 and don't NEED the additional 128mb

11-15-09 12:08 AM
    The 9700 looks cool and all, but being only 1 year into my three year contract, I'm not prepared to drop $600 on a minor upgrade.

I am however, kinda jealous of the 9700 coming with the 5.0 OS. I sure wish we had a stable build for the 9000.
    11-15-09 04:21 PM
    If I still had my 9000, and didn't break my iPhone I wouldn't of upgraded. Trying the 9700 for a few more days once I get my replacement, but pretty sure I will be returning it and going back to an iPhone, not to mention I'd save $100 doing that too. My only reasons going back to a BB is battery life, and a physical KB as the RF doesn't seem that great on the 9700, at least not as good as I thought it'd be.
    11-15-09 07:05 PM
    I switched even though I posted numerous times in similar threads that I was going to keep the 9000, having only had the 9700 from Nov. 4 I must say the only complaint I have is the size of the Keyboard of the 9700. I find it too small, other than that I love the trackpad, love the Super long Battery life, love 5.0 OS (very stable and fast) and NO memory leak, better RF (this shocked me too), I haven't rebooted the phone in 3 days and I'm still at 115mb, I was at 115.4 3 days ago. So if I had to do it over again I would do it again definitely worth the upgrade.
    11-15-09 07:13 PM
    I don't think this is a Bold 9000 replacement but I am getting one because I want one and I love new toys...especially of the Blackberry variety...but make no mistake...its no Bold...should have been called the Onyx or something else...still love my Bold 9000 and will not sell it

11-15-09 07:28 PM
    I'll end up switching it for my Bold eventually. Whenever the price is right.
    11-15-09 07:37 PM
    i had the 8900, did not like the small screen/keyboard. so i had the option of the 9000 or 9700. 9700 is nice for the top buttons trackpad and app mem. the camera i dont care about since i dont use it. going from curve to 9700 dindnt seem much of a upgrade other than 3g trackpad. so i went with the bold 9000 because of the screen and keyboard
    11-15-09 07:37 PM
    Before my Bold I had a Curve. Never had an issue with the smaller Curve. The Bold was much more to my likings because it's bigger. (I have big hands) and types more comfortable.

I'm closer to 50 than 40 and a bigger screen is a plus. I want to be able to read the screen without reading glasses.

The 9700 is a sleek and pretty device but I think I will skip that one because it's smaller. I do consider a Storm next year. ($99 upgrade)

If you're (slightly) visual impaired (due age) than bigger is better.

As for right now: If the Bold works for you, stick with it!
    11-16-09 08:19 AM
    The new one looks like a slicker design. No doubt when my Bold contract ends, i'll upgrade
    11-16-09 10:25 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD