battery is being drained in < 24 hours even when turned off. have used a second battery. same problem occurs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 09:02 PM
    Power is still drained from your battery when the phone is turned off using the off key. That is normal.

11-14-09 11:41 AM
    battery is being drained in < 24 hours even when turned off. have used a second battery. same problem occurs

If it's a new Flip, did you condition the battery when you first got it?

When you first get your new device, you should let the battery die from original manufacturers charge. Then fully charge it and be on your merry way. That will greatly improve the life of your battery including it's ability to hold a charge. The salesperson should have told you this.

Also just make sure you don't have a bunch of programs running in the background. Lastly, make sure you're running the latest OS...it may help.

Cheers!

Hogg
    11-14-09 03:52 PM
    BB's have Lithium Ion batteries, they don't carry a "memory". So you don't ever have to let your battery drain before you decide to charge it.
    11-14-09 06:15 PM
    BB's have Lithium Ion batteries, they don't carry a "memory". So you don't ever have to let your battery drain before you decide to charge it.
    Hi Blade....I have to respectfully disagree with you a bit. There is a bunch of research out there to prove otherwise. Also from personal experience...I have found what I mentioned before to be true.

"Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate."

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

It's an older article, but still holds true today, as the basic engineering principal for lithium based batteries has remained constant. Yes it's "memory" free, but that does not mean it can not be calibrated and conditioned for better performance....it can, very much so.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hogg
    11-14-09 07:31 PM
    I have the same problem, I let my battery drain when I got it, but it didn't seem to do any good.

I come to school with a fully charged blackberry, listen to about two hours of music total, close the music app (to save battery life), use wifi for about 5 minutes total, and by the end of the day, my blackberry is dead. Even when I don't use it for a day, my blackberry will be at 3/5 battery life by the end of the day.
    11-27-09 02:27 AM
    60% battery life at the end of the day is pretty typical. Battery life will vary greatly depending on the signal strength where you spend the most time. The farther you are from the tower, the more power your cell phone has to use to maintain the link.

11-27-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD