Used the full white housing i brought from ebay and original bezel, build quality is ok for �14. straight swap except i had to take the flash and antena from the origninal midplate. (Y)

11-13-09 04:24 PM
    I'm not a fan at all of the white housings but I have to say this one doesn't look terrible.

The silver bezel really does a lot for it I think. I'm not sold on the solid white back, however.
    11-13-09 04:37 PM
    I like it, i bought the complete white housing aswell from truesupplier but it wasn't that great a quality... the top piece didnt sit very flush with the bezel depending on how tight u had it, the top buttons would buckle out? How do urs sit? Also how good is the keyboard because I seen the one uv got on ebay and wasnt sure if it looked great... and also make sure u don't put it in ur pocket with a pen lol I did and it stained lol

... think a white trackball would just finish this off neatly.
    11-13-09 04:49 PM
    This is one of the best I've seen yet! The white trackball is a must have though

Let us know how it holds up. My buddy got a white bezel and battery door from Ebay. The door held up fine but the bezel started chipping in a few weeks.

Were the pieces solid white? Meaning, not black with white paint overtop. I've been looking for solid white plastic parts that are 'dyed' as opposed to painted.
    11-13-09 05:04 PM
    thats nice dont like white phones but can rock with that ishhhh
    11-13-09 05:12 PM
    This is one of the best I've seen yet! The white trackball is a must have though

Let us know how it holds up. My buddy got a white bezel and battery door from Ebay. The door held up fine but the bezel started chipping in a few weeks.

Were the pieces solid white? Meaning, not black with white paint overtop. I've been looking for solid white plastic parts that are 'dyed' as opposed to painted.
    I second everything he said.
    11-13-09 05:16 PM
    oh wow looks real nice and clean
    11-13-09 05:31 PM
    Cheers for the comments guys, it's not solid white platic but it feels ok so far, keyboard looks great only problem iv got is I need to sort out the keyboard bezel as it's sitting too high against the keys so making them hard to press, will keep u posted on how the Qualty holds up and yeah a white trackball is a good idea!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 06:03 PM
    Wow! Looks amazing. Almost looks like the white Nokia E71 but sexier :P
    11-13-09 08:39 PM
    looks very nice but my one dislike about the all white is how ever crack or seperation of the plactic is so obvious. but thats just me
    11-13-09 09:27 PM
    question .. what exactly do you have to take off the midplate and how do you do it ? i've searched the forums and the youtube videos .. but they don't get into specific detail into the disassemble part .. help ?
    11-13-09 09:46 PM
    question .. what exactly do you have to take off the midplate and how do you do it ? i've searched the forums and the youtube videos .. but they don't get into specific detail into the disassemble part .. help ?
    Right if u look at the midplate from the back there is a big grey part at the bottom, flip it over and you can see the back of the camera flash at the top with the contacts, and you can see that both the piece at the top(flash) and the bottom grey piece (antena) have little black notches on the inside of the case holding them on, i just took a small flathead and popped them of carefully, then transfered the two pieces over to the new midplate, and used adhesive to secure them down.
    Hope that makes some sense.
    11-14-09 04:10 AM
    Thats not bad looking though i wouldn't be comfortable changing my lovely 8900. Any experience i have had in the the past with unofficial housing (one phone, DS and PSP) is that they fit badly and wear terribly.
    11-14-09 05:36 AM
    very sexiy,you must a famale
    11-14-09 05:47 AM
    I'm not a fan of white because it gets dirty easily, but I like this one. Looks totally COOL! The silver bezel looks better with white than the original black.
    11-14-09 09:42 AM
    Woah thats sick!! Yeah, keep us updated on how it does... Heard they chip?
    11-14-09 11:28 AM
    I actually like it. I like seeing what different color schemes people go with.
    11-14-09 03:46 PM
    This phone is the epitome of sexy! I will have to check them out, I love white phones!
    11-14-09 08:26 PM
    Looks sweet! Personally not a fan of the white bb but it looks hot. Congrats!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:32 PM
    Looks sexy. But too much bling for me. Let me keep my stock black and chrome 8900.
    11-15-09 02:00 AM
    Looks great, if it doesn't take too much of a beating I might do this in Black/red!
    11-15-09 04:23 AM
    i just ordered one from 'ouhk' on ebay. is from hong kong.

is this the same one you got?
    11-15-09 06:04 AM
    i just ordered one from 'ouhk' on ebay. is from hong kong.

is this the same one you got?
    GENUINE HOUSING KEYPAD FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900 FULLWT on eBay (end time 05-Dec-09 09:30:58 GMT) this is the one i got.
    11-15-09 06:53 AM
    Update: I've had to swap back to original housing for now because some of the white keys sit too low and won't press well, so it's hard to typw fulently. emailing the seller seeing if i can get a replacement keypad
    11-15-09 01:16 PM
    thanks for the follow up.
    seems to look almost identical.
    they are probably coming from the same maker/painter/???.
    i hope you get it sorted out.
    i'll keep this thread bookmarked and let you know how mine goes.
    11-15-09 02:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD